Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread  (Read 40729 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2011, 10:21:57 PM »

Wow, Harper is being a jerk.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2011, 10:22:50 PM »

So... being blackmailed by Iran is bad... but being blackmailed by Canada is good...

Huh
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2011, 10:23:07 PM »

I might start non-ironically supporting Ron Paul. Seriously. He's the only one that understands the Middle-East or terrorism at all.

left-communists for Paul.  I'm down.

cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »

Newt Gingrich is winning this debate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »

Memo to Cavuto:  No one is going to directly answer your questions, just get over it.  You're questions are meaningless and futile.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »

I might start non-ironically supporting Ron Paul. Seriously. He's the only one that understands the Middle-East or terrorism at all.

If only there were some way to elect Ron Paul's foreign policy (plus the drugs thing, I guess) without the completely gutting the welfare state part.

the latter wouldn't happen, or at least there would be no more risk of that than there would be under an agent-of-capital Republican, like Romney or Gingrich.  and if somehow the welfare state were axed to the ground it would breed chaos.  it wouldn't hold.
M

« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:02 PM »

MEMO TO RON PAUL: TERRORISM IS NOT THE SAME AS DEALING WITH THE LIKES OF THE USSR!!!!!!

The guy is idiotic with foreign policy. He will never win the nomination simply because of this fact.

Scary stuff coming from the libertarian.
Why should Iran not have nukes? Give me a reason, and I will debunk it Wink

Iran supports Hezbollah, which has said its goal is to kill all Jews. Not all Israelis. All Jews, in the world.

A source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-dershowitz/hezbollahs-goal-going-aft_b_26983.html
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

Newt Gingrich is winning this debate.

Nah. Mittens.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »

MEMO TO RON PAUL: TERRORISM IS NOT THE SAME AS DEALING WITH THE LIKES OF THE USSR!!!!!!

The guy is idiotic with foreign policy. He will never win the nomination simply because of this fact.

Iran supports Hezbollah, which has said its goal is to kill all Jews. Not all Israelis. All Jews, in the world.

A source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-dershowitz/hezbollahs-goal-going-aft_b_26983.html

That has nothing to do with nukes. Cuba wants to spread Communism throughout Africa. What else is new?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »

Huntsman! I like you, but PLEASE, answer the question. No need to always be so long winded. Short answers are okay.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »

Unfortunately, a lot of Paul's foreign policy ideas are pretty bad outside of the war stuff. No foreign aid... none at all? Uhh...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »

Gingrich lost the first half - they need to hammer him harder. He has a talent at escaping valid attacks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »

Huntsman! I like you, but PLEASE, answer the question. No need to always be so long winded. Short answers are okay.
I wish Huntsman would not do that. He has so much potential.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »

If only there were some way to elect Ron Paul's foreign policy (plus the drugs thing, I guess) without the completely gutting the welfare state part.

the latter wouldn't happen, or at least there would be no more risk of that than there would be under an agent-of-capital Republican, like Romney or Gingrich.  and if somehow the welfare state were axed to the ground it would breed chaos.  it wouldn't hold.

Well, right, but the risk would still be significantly higher than if Obama were re-elected.

Though maybe the only way to build a real, European-style welfare state in this country is to destroy it all and then rebuild it from scratch.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »

You would have put your re-election over what should be done too, you just will not admit it.
M

« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »

A source:

That has nothing to do with nukes. Cuba wants to spread Communism throughout Africa. What else is new?

It doesn't scare you that a political entity that has pushed for the extermination of ALL JEWS in the WORLD is about to get nuclear weapons?

You wouldn't at least call it a reason why they should not have nukes?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »

I wish Huntsman would not do that. He has so much potential.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »

Well, right, but the risk would still be significantly higher than if Obama were re-elected.

Though maybe the only way to build a real, European-style welfare state in this country is to destroy it all and then rebuild it from scratch.

you believe in Obama well more than I do yet, that's been well established.  I'll leave you with a Mao quote: "Destroy first, and construction will take of itself."
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »

Iran wasn't like that before we attacked Iran in 1953.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »

A source:

It doesn't scare you that a political entity that has pushed for the extermination of ALL JEWS in the WORLD is about to get nuclear weapons?

Do you honestly believe that? That the 1940's will be repeated? With NATO, the UN, and other mass alliances (SEATO, etc), a mass, international invasion would be launched (and I would support it) against Iran.

Irans leaders are evil people who only care about themselves. Thats why Iran and North Korea are building nukes---to make themselves look big and scary.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »

who's pumped?  I'll be stoked on PBR and chicken wings

I have PBR but I feel like I should save it for the weekend.

the only good thing about capitalism: there's always more PBR
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »

A source:

You're kidding? Right?

Look: MAD is irrelevant with terrorists for obvious reasons.

If Iran makes a covert deal with Hezbollah, who they sponsor, and Hezbollah launches an attack, what do we do? More specifically, what do we do if we never discover that Iran supplied Hezbollah with the weapon?

Newt said in a recent debate something along the lines of "I'm not going to wait until we lose 3,000 people, I'm going to make sure we don't lose those 3,000 people in the first place." I agree with that. And so do most on the stage tonight, except for Paul. And it's why I admire Bush's foreign policy so much.

You do not wait to be attacked before you respond. Your respond before you're attacked. Ron Paul is so beyond reality to think otherwise.

I hate to use cliches but isn't this what WWII was suppose to teach us? I'm not saying we necessarily go to war with Iraq in the same way as we did with Iraq, but we can still use force.

Also, on a side note, Iraq made much more sense than Libya. Just saying.
M

« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »

A source:

Do you honestly believe that? That the 1940's will be repeated? With NATO, the UN, and other mass alliances (SEATO, etc), a mass, international invasion would be launched (and I would support it) against Iran.

Irans leaders are evil people who only care about themselves. Thats why Iran and North Korea are building nukes---to make themselves look big and scary.

I think SEATO is defunct.

And I never said Iran would succeed, thankfully. But you asked for reasons why Iran should not have nukes. I think I have given a pretty good one.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:59 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 10:38:08 PM by Simfan34 »

Iran wasn't like that before we attacked Iran in 1953.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GftT7COo67Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF47rrHd7wo&feature=related
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies