Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:01:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Fox News/Iowa GOP Debate Thread  (Read 40900 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« on: December 15, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

While Newt is a smart guy, and I'd vote for him over Obama, my allegiance remains strongly with Mitt.

Also, I have no idea how Cain and Perry once surged, while Santorum never had his moment. Perry is, quite literally, a moron.

After tonight, we will say goodbye to Huntsman, Santorum, and Bachmann. I would include Perry and Paul, but Perry is stubborn and will continue, and Paul is delusional due to his cult following and a few respectable polls - he'll never win the nomination.

Let's be honest, it's between Newt and Mitt. Let's hope the stormin Mormon pulls through.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:28:50 PM »

While Newt is a smart guy, and I'd vote for him over Obama, my allegiance remains strongly with Mitt.

Also, I have no idea how Cain and Perry once surged, while Santorum never had his moment. Perry is, quite literally, a moron.

After tonight, we will say goodbye to Huntsman, Santorum, and Bachmann. I would include Perry and Paul, but Perry is stubborn and will continue, and Paul is delusional due to his cult following and a few respectable polls - he'll never win the nomination.

Let's be honest, it's between Newt and Mitt. Let's hope the stormin Mormon pulls through.

I beg to differ. Ron Paul is a serious top-tier candidate to get the nomination.

With that kind of foreign policy? Not a chance in hell.

Can you really imagine that whiny voice trying to force Iran to stop its nuclear program? Really?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »

The only thing I agree with Paul about is over the war on drugs. That failed program needs to end. Completely. Not just over marijuana, but absolutely completely. Only Paul would get that done. No Republican would. No other politician would - if anyone, it would be a liberal.

Other than that, Paul is off his rocker. His foreign policy scares the beejesus out of me.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

I beg to differ. Ron Paul is a serious top-tier candidate to get the nomination.

With that kind of foreign policy? Not a chance in hell.

Can you really imagine that whiny voice trying to force Iran to stop its nuclear program? Really?
Your views on foreign policy quite frankly sound murderous. Who cares if Iran has nukes? Its is simple as that. Who cares? They WONT use them, they are not that crazy.

Obviously they won't use them. The principles of MAD still apply. Sadly, MAD is utterly irrelevant when it comes to terrorists. When Iran has connections with the likes of Hezbollah, it makes for a very scary proposition. Think about it.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »

I do like how Newt acts as the elder statesmanship, though and how he refuses to attack his republican counterparts despite the moderators' attempts. Say what you want about Newt, but that's respectable.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »

Why does it sound like Paul talks in run on sentences when he speaks. Slow down, big guy. Periods at the end of sentences are useful.

Really, he's going to get his ass kicked if he has the (mis)fortune of taking on Obama in debates.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »

For all the comparisons between Bush and Perry, I never ever thought Bush was stupid. And still don't. Perry is a moron. He's also not as nice as Bush, but that's by the by.

How Perry surged in the polls still boggles my mind.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »

Yeah. He's 76!! And people had problems with McCain's health/age? I wasn't a McCain supporter by any means, but a clear double standard is at play here.....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »

Mitt is the most reasonable, and sensible candidate, it's not even funny. How he's not running away with the nomination as of yet is beyond me.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 12:40:43 AM by Bacon King, VP »

Why are Bachmann, Santorum, and Huntsman wasting their (and our) time? Do they really think they have any chance now? Get off the stage and let the men talk.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »

Perry looks drugged up on something.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »

Romney's great tonight. Witty, competent, presidential.

As is the norm for him.

Huntsman is speaking now. He sounds so scripted. Bachmann sounds so scripted, too....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »

Iran debate coming up. Where did my buddy go? Time for Romney to kick Paul's ass and show what real foreign policy means. Smiley
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

Wasn't this question about which one was your favorite? Naturally, Romney names all of the conservatives. This guy is a self parody.

Erm. He did that on purpose. To be funny, while proving a subtle point......
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »

Because she thought Bachmann would replace her in the kitchen. Sadly, this has not been the case.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:49 PM »

Chill. It's called banter.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »

Let's see what Mitt says soon. Paul is off his rocker.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »

Santorum is an idiot. MAD WOULD work with Iran. But it WOULDNT work with the terrorists they sponsor. Again, let's see what Mitt says.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »

Can Fox News please stop with that bing. I keep thinking someone sent me a gchat.....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2011, 10:19:42 PM by Mitt Romney's Hair »

Ron Paul is an idiot.

Erm. Spain pulled out of Iraq, and they were still attacked. If you believe what the terrorists say their motives are, you are so naive, it's unbelievable.

I will get some heat for quoting this, but Bill O'Reilly circa 2006 or 2007 said something like "If the terrorists threw their weapons in the sea, the violence would stop; if we threw our weapons in the sea, we would still be attacked."

Simple as.

Ron Paul is an idiot.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »

MEMO TO RON PAUL: TERRORISM IS NOT THE SAME AS DEALING WITH THE LIKES OF THE USSR!!!!!!

The guy is idiotic with foreign policy. He will never win the nomination simply because of this fact.

Scary stuff coming from the libertarian.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

Newt Gingrich is winning this debate.

Nah. Mittens.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:58 PM »

MEMO TO RON PAUL: TERRORISM IS NOT THE SAME AS DEALING WITH THE LIKES OF THE USSR!!!!!!

The guy is idiotic with foreign policy. He will never win the nomination simply because of this fact.

Scary stuff coming from the libertarian.
Why should Iran not have nukes? Give me a reason, and I will debunk it Wink

Iran supports Hezbollah, which has said its goal is to kill all Jews. Not all Israelis. All Jews, in the world.

A source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-dershowitz/hezbollahs-goal-going-aft_b_26983.html

That has nothing to do with nukes. Cuba wants to spread Communism throughout Africa. What else is new?

You're kidding? Right?

Look: MAD is irrelevant with terrorists for obvious reasons.

If Iran makes a covert deal with Hezbollah, who they sponsor, and Hezbollah launches an attack, what do we do? More specifically, what do we do if we never discover that Iran supplied Hezbollah with the weapon?

Newt said in a recent debate something along the lines of "I'm not going to wait until we lose 3,000 people, I'm going to make sure we don't lose those 3,000 people in the first place." I agree with that. And so do most on the stage tonight, except for Paul. And it's why I admire Bush's foreign policy so much.

You do not wait to be attacked before you respond. Your respond before you're attacked. Ron Paul is so beyond reality to think otherwise.

I hate to use cliches but isn't this what WWII was suppose to teach us? I'm not saying we necessarily go to war with Iraq in the same way as we did with Iraq, but we can still use force.

Also, on a side note, Iraq made much more sense than Libya. Just saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies