Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:02:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 222573 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: February 18, 2012, 02:31:40 PM »

I heard a Greek commentator on euronews 2 days ago (and people invited by euronews use to be worth listening), saying that the political scene was really upside down, that nobody had no clue about the way it could evolve and that things could change in one day. So, given that it remains 2 months, I guess most predictions/polls wouldn't be tell much outside of confirming a messy situation. Ah well, that's the most I reminded from what he said, it was in the night, in English and I was barely half awaken, Tongue.

I'd stick to my personal feeling so far, that, maybe the situation will be very wavy, but that in then end people would accept EU 'diktat' (fancy to use this word for something mainly directed by Germany). That being said, who knows...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »

I wonder how one can seriously rank Goden Dawn (their name would be the only fancy thing they have) in any part, that'd barely be a political party, but merely an anti-foreigners militia, and a quite efficient and appreciated one when it comes to violently wipe out foreigners from the center of Athens if I believe what said once the quite good French journalist in Greece Alexia Kefalas, apparently in some districts they became a kind of unofficial police that people call first.

And more generally yeah, this way to show things is kinda twisted.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »

What the heck?

I'm on itélé for French elections and their journalists (not the one I mentioned earlier), just said Golden Dawn would be part of the new govt.

Nah, it's just that this journalist might be very tired or something...(isn't it??)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »

The ball is now in Germany's court.

Yeah, and Schaüble immediately warmly welcomed them:

'Greeks have accepted to lead deep reforms tonight'

What about, after Merkel telling Greece to do 'the right choice' a few days ago, Germany to begin to consider that the concept of Freedom and of Democracy can also belong to Greeks, or more simply put, what about a bit of respect? Might eventually help things to improve...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »

worked in France (referendum of 2005, congressional vote of 2007)

Hmm, just, the congressional vote and the referendum one aren't really the same kind, to say the least, and that's precisely something that remains a big enough issue, people like MLP can enjoy surfing on that democratic rigging...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »

Schaüble...

I eagerly wait the day where some politician of another country says him than he is Germany's Finance minister

Ah, no, he is more than that, he is the latest Charlemagne...

...then I guess it makes him feel fully legitimate to tell other people what they have to do anywhere in his empire...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

God, I hope that Hollande manages to mitigate the German austerity.  That is, if he even cares.  Which I'm now getting the sense that he doesn't. 

Actually I've been kinda surprised of the rather firm tone that Hollande/Ayrault/Moscovici have taken with Germany, became suddenly kinda, tensed.

That being said, a tone is a tone and some words are some words, Sarkozy had used us with so much impressive big words, and...

True things will happen on the end of June, 28th iirc...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

God, I hope that Hollande manages to mitigate the German austerity.  That is, if he even cares.  Which I'm now getting the sense that he doesn't. 

Actually I've been kinda surprised of the rather firm tone that Hollande/Ayrault/Moscovici have taken with Germany, became suddenly kinda, tensed.

That being said, a tone is a tone and some words are some words, Sarkozy had used us with so much impressive big words, and...

True things will happen on the end of June, 28th iirc...
Well, he keeps telling Greece that it has to stick to its previous commitments or be kicked out of the eurozone.  Seems like he's sold out to me.

Nah, there hasn't been something like that, it's not at all the Hollande/new govt style. The point is that Hollande focuses more on building new general rules for the Politico-Economic ruling of Euro Zone rather than on focusing on Greece particularly.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »

Nah, there hasn't been something like that, it's not at all the Hollande/new govt style. The point is that Hollande focuses more on building new general rules for the Politico-Economic ruling of Euro Zone rather than on focusing on Greece particularly.
The point is that he supports the austerity measures that've already been imposed.  So, he's part of the pro-austerity circles, even if he's more pro-growth than the rest. 

That's Hollande, not Mélenchon.

He knows he has to manage Germany well if he wants to obtain something in counterpart, France military became far bigger than German one, but the time where we could think we could rule it by an invasion seems to be kinda over, so, seems we are condemn to, either wait a divine revelation from Germany, or to you know...negotiate...the most smartly possible, which isn't easy when you don't have the dominating position, but if countries like France, Italy, Spain and maybe soon Netherlands decide to unite for new solutions than German diktats, then the outnumbering might make change the things (especially since Euro Zone is the 1st market of Germany).

Hollande and Monti made a summit in this sense a few days ago, to prepare the European one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies