Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 223602 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: June 18, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »

I am somewhat relieved about this result from a Swiss point of view. A SYRIZA victory and its dire consequences could have caused an even worse recession in Greece and Europe, which would also have affected my own country (a further deterioration of the European economy = big problems for the Swiss exporting industry = a recession in Switzerland). Now a ND victory and the possible formation of a pro-Euro coalition still don't guarantee an improvement of the current Greek situation, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »

Those of you who think German tax payers should pay for the rest of Europe without complaining or demanding anything in return...what principle is that based on?

If you've wasted all your money you can't really expect to get more with no questions asked.

European unity! And a good portion of jealousy.

If that's what "European unity" and "economic integration" is supposed to mean (i.e. some countries work hard to develop and maintain prosperous economies while other countries just waste their money and demand to be supported by the more prosperous members of the European Union) this is a scary.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »

Those of you who think German tax payers should pay for the rest of Europe without complaining or demanding anything in return...what principle is that based on?

Thanks for answering Gustaf's question. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »

Sorry, that's the only thing that came to my mind after reading your posts. There's no way to argue with such mind-numbed talking points. It's like arguing with AmericanNation or CaDan.

A friendly advice - do not display such an elitist and self-righteous attitude towards people who have a different point of view. It's neither helpful on a forum nor in real life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies