Greece 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greece 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greece 2012  (Read 221926 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »

Probably Papademos remains as PM, unless PASOK wants to show that is left and accept a nationalist left-wing pro-default coalition.

Sure, if they want to destroy Europe and proceed to be shunned from the continent.

More's the pity that similar results aren't being replicated across Europe.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »

Presumably XA's resurfaced as a consequence of LAOS propping up the government/alienating its support.

It appears DIMAR's gradually replacing PASOK - one of the biggest benefits of PR, in my opinion, is how it allows voters that opportunity without a second thought.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »

Unfortunately, this fake PR means that ND is guaranteed to win the next election.

Yeah, the Greek 'modification', makes that frustratingly true. But then again it'd be even worse under FPTP.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

Yeah, it's working wonders at the moment.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »

Cheesy

It really is a shame about Syriza's split. They'd have a chance of actually winning this election without it. As is, there's the sceptre of a continued ND-PASOK government after the election thanks to the 50-seat bonus.

What? SYRIZA's split?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:20:51 AM »

Oh, I had thought DIMAR were created from the leftist rump departing from PASOK, not simply added to. Yeah, that is a shame.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:46:36 AM »

Cheers. Smiley
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »

I hadn't realised New Democracy's logo's similar to the old Tory one.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »

Most conservative parties are liberals ie 'liberal conservatives'.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »

New Democracy look about to fall under 20%, and SYRIZA above 16%.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »

Why are Trotskyists and Stalinists so against each other, they're both for communism! Tongue
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

If the Ecologists managed to break 3% (although beyond unlikely at this stage, given their slow progress) how many seats would they be looking at, and who would they come from?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »

If the Ecologists managed to break 3% (although beyond unlikely at this stage, given their slow progress) how many seats would they be looking at, and who would they come from?

Guys, forget about it. I told you three hours ago that the projection shows that the Greens have no chance. Why do you keep ignoring me?

Probably because you can't f'ing read? It's obvious from what I wrote I didn't regard it a possibility, I was interested in terms of electoral peculiarity, and for possible future elections.

Thanks Bacon King.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »

You know, that's a stupid comparison.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »

If Samaras calls another election and the result is identical, worse, or better but still not good enough, then what? Do they just keep calling election after election until someone can form a government?

What about ND+PASOK+one of either Independent Greeks, SYRIZA, or DIMAR.

Independent Greeks and SYRIZA are both passionately anti-austerity and would never participate in an austerity government.

To the point where they'd even coalesce against it, despite being polar opposites on the political spectrum. DIMAR were, and have always been, the only possible coalition partner ND-PASOK can turn to.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »

How I wish there was another 20% to count.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

Just fascinating. I want to see a KKE interview to really feel like I'm being transported back to the 30's, though.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

SYRIZA will still need cooperation from right-wing ANEL and Stalinist KKE. That will not happen. But SYRIZA can take the whole three days, and by the end blame those two parties for not cooperating. All this is to suck votes from KKE and ANEL sympathizers in the following election so they edge over ND.

Not cooperating in forming a presumably pro-austerity coalition with PASOK and DIMAR? After all they're conflicting with SYRIZA on that, so either one has to have an enormous Damascene conversion if they're to form just that coalition, and if it's 1) PASOK & DIMAR that have had that conversion they may as well force another election to unite the left behind them, or 2) SYRIZA that's done it, then if anything SYRIZA will be losing votes to KKE, and possibly ANEL, for that betrayal and will receive no sympathy for not being able to form a coalition with the two parties who stuck to their principles.

I think SYRIZA will naturally gain votes from elsewhere, just by being hot on the heels of New Democracy - and the anti-austerity voters will have seen that (and recognise it as their best hope).

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »

What's interesting is that even if SYRIZA is the first party they will not get the 50-seat bonus because they are a coalition of 16 smaller parties, and coalitions are not allowed to get the bonus.  There is some talk however that the SYRIZA parties might unite into one in order to form a government.

Thanks for that, I was unaware of this obstacle.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »

Interesting blog on the Torygraph:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »

You can't really judge a pollster by its client.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »

I've seen it as a solidarity 'the Greeks are suffering, and tourism's big for the country, so we'll have a holiday there' thing.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »

It's a shame the Greens and SYRIZA couldn't work something out.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »

What has ANEL said about coalitions? I'm trying to work out what SYRIZA's options will be if it wins.

According to Wikipedia, ANEL says that any coalition it joins will have to be "center-right" and that it'll have to tear up the memorandum.  So basically they're saying that they won't be taking part in any government.  

As useless as the f'ing KKE.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies