NM: Public Policy Polling: Obama easily cruises over all Republicans, Johnson strong as Lib (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NM: Public Policy Polling: Obama easily cruises over all Republicans, Johnson strong as Lib (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NM: Public Policy Polling: Obama easily cruises over all Republicans, Johnson strong as Lib  (Read 4068 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 16, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »

Gary Johnson takes fewer votes from Barack Obama than from the Republicans in New Mexico and takes about half the "undecided" respondents.  Of course I would like to see this poll for other states.

President Obama would lose one of the keys of the Lichtmann test (absence of a third-Party challenge), but Johnson would likely hurt Republicans more.  Maybe he would pick off a few electoral votes.     
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »

Dont know why some still call NM a swing state. Demographics have moved it to at least a lean D.

I thought that maybe Johnson might pull more from Obama's youth base with his promises to legalize pot, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Legalization of pot matters far less than does the alleviation of economic distress. I'm not sure that young adults are exactly pro-drug anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies