I'm going to the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:31:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm going to the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to the US  (Read 4929 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 24, 2011, 02:29:10 AM »

Wow, great tips there. Tongue

I count two people trying to get me killed and two people just hating on the cities. Wink

I mean, going to Congress and stuff like that will be part of the trip but I was hoping for tips on great places...restaurants or bars or something.
Good restaurants and bars are going to be something only the locals know.  Anybody can tell you all about the good museums, and to see a Broadway show if you get a chance, but for actual local information, you're gonna need to PM Lief or Eraserhead or whoever. It's been my experience that anything that has been featured on the Food Network etc. is a crowded tourist dump.

Yeah, I get that and was thus mostly expecting the locals to chime in. Tongue

I also reasoned that people who had been to New York might still have ideas about cool stuff to do. I mean, I can give tips on bars, clubs etc in cities like Düsseldorf and Berlin even though I've only been there a couple of times.

I just realized that all the New York posters are my sworn enemies (Eraserhead, Lief, Tweed) so I'm unlikely to get much help. Sad

Ah, well. At least I got to attention whore about going to the States, that's always something.

Sworn enemies? News to me!

But anyway, if you want the best pizza ever, go here:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/3/23787/restaurant/New-York/The-Bronx/Captain-Pizzeria-and-Restaurant-Bronx

Of course it may not feasible if you are just going to do the usual Manhattan bull sh*t.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »

I just realized that all the New York posters are my sworn enemies (Eraserhead, Lief, Tweed) so I'm unlikely to get much help. Sad
Lunar maybe?

Lunar's always available, indeed.

I thought Lunar had grown too cool for his former Atlas friends. Wink I'll pester you as well then in that case.

Eraserhead: as much of sworn enemies as one can be on a message board. Wink People who state their dislike for me sort of automatically end up in that category. But thanks for the pizza tip, I'll hopefully have time to check that out. Since we do share a lot of music taste, do you have any tips in that arena?

This won't be exactly as revelatory but your best bets for cool record shops and decent bands will probably be in Greenwich Village and Willamsburg.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies