I'm going to the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm going to the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to the US  (Read 4952 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »

See if you can get a tour of some abandoned subway stations or something... ya know... something completely different.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2011, 12:13:37 AM by Snowguy716 »

Wow, great tips there. Tongue

I count two people trying to get me killed and two people just hating on the cities. Wink

I mean, going to Congress and stuff like that will be part of the trip but I was hoping for tips on great places...restaurants or bars or something.
I'll have you know I'd love a tour of the many abandoned subway stations and entire subway tubes under the streets of NYC.  It's a fascinating part of Urban history which few American cities have.

For places to eat... try Butter (it's formal.. wear something nice).. and get the seared New York Strip steak with roasted root vegetables and crispy bone marrow.  

In fact, I'd try for any famous steakhouse and get a New York Strip... or a Porterhouse.

It sounds cliche, and it won't quite be a midwestern steakhouse... but if you come to America, you have to get a good steak.  Trust me... there is no comparison in Europe (believe me.. I tried.)

In fact, I think you will come away with a completely different perception of "American" food if you do it right.  You should also find a good deli and get a pastrami on rye, a giant dill pickle, and a bagel.

Then you should go get a big huge bowl of spaghetti with meatballs and mail it in a food-save pouch to Keystone Phil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies