Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:37:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast  (Read 7204 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »

Apparently the second page does not get read as much as the first so I will be bumping this. Congratulations to Polnut on winning the Senate race. Half the Senate is now from this great region.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 09:21:07 PM by No Good Napoleon »

This election is about reforming this region. I want to restore the optimism felt in the region when I served in the Assembly and as Speaker. The new Constitution, while obviously a great achievement, is not the end of our road to Renaissance.

We need a new budget process. We need a new SOAP. We need to continue our work fixing the Wiki and we need to clean up statute to make policymaking easier. And now, we happen to have a political environment resembling a free for all. Gone is the comfort and stability of last week's party system.

I am the candidate that can and will continue to stand up and lead on behalf of making improvements and reforms. Part of my vision for the future is great policy debates within the region. I, as Governor, will pursue a policy agenda that should set the stage for future Governors to have their own.

In congruence with my own ideological beliefs, I will look to the approach of leaders I look up to. On economic matters, a Napoleon administration will find alternatives to high income taxes. President Polnut has advised that regions understand their taxation as compounded with preexisting federal rates. As the Northeast Region currently has no revenue, we will be studying this closely. The region will have to tax income for revenue purposes, but I will ensure that it is not excessive.

President Snowguy promised fiscal restraint and I, as Governor, would take a similar approach. As the budget is pieced together, I will look at potential spending cuts and weighing the costs and benefits of each program.

Of course, the region must show the Northeast that government can be a net positive. I intend to pursue some of the ideas Governor Winfield raised in his presidential campaign at the regional level. Educating for the future is something that can be brought to regional classrooms, and is something I have helped usher forward during my time in the Senate. Childcare and senior care policy will be attended to in a Napoleon administration.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »

I can assure you, you will have a strong ally in the Senate in me, especially when it comes to finding a better option for regional financing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

Bump

Questions? Suggestions?

I feel like this race deserves much more attention than it is receiving. Am I a boring candidate? Sad
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »

Nah, it's just a boring race. Tongue

I was thinking about opening an "Ask Northeast Candidates" debate-type thread, but it probably wouldn't be very practical for someone being a moderator and a candidate for office at the same time.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »

Did Rowan announce he was running or was that my imagination?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »

He did. Yeah..... about that.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

I for one would like to congratulate you on your landslide election as Governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 06:57:35 PM by No Good Napoleon »

I for one would like to congratulate you on your landslide election as Governor.

At least since he isn't the incumbent, we can expect a booth to vote in. Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »

Rowan isn't even running a campaign.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

I'm done being No Good Napoleon, you may have noticed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »

I will be making a statement regarding my intentions for the upcoming Presidential election within the next few hours or so. Stay tuned.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 09:53:03 PM »

Atlasia needs a leader, someone experienced and knowledgeable that we can trust to unite rather than divide. With the party system still developing, we need a President that can transcend politics as we know it. Atlasia deserves a President that will take a pragmatic-progressive approach to solve the many problems we face.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »

Good, because you're good. And are you that leader, in your mind?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »

Good, because you're good. And are you that leader, in your mind?

Thanks Simfan. Smiley

As far as leadership goes, I think my record speaks for itself. I've led a movement to recall an inactive Governor, led a successful effort to replace a flawed Constitution, and served as an active, prominent voice for the Northeast in the Senate, authoring and passing many bills and bringing together a record number of voters to pursue bold reforms. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

Napoleon for President, then!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »

Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »

Ah, that would be fun indeed. But at this juncture, the Northeast region needs my unique leadership skills more than any other government. I have repeatedly committed to this and I don't go back on my word.

As I was saying, Atlasia needs an experienced and knowledgeable pragmatic-progressive to lead us into the future. I couldn't be more proud to support Polnut for another term as President of Atlasia. To my supporters, I ask that you consider Polnut, someone who works hard and keeps an open mind.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »

Ah, that would be fun indeed. But at this juncture, the Northeast region needs my unique leadership skills more than any other government. I have repeatedly committed to this and I don't go back on my word.

As I was saying, Atlasia needs an experienced and knowledgeable pragmatic-progressive to lead us into the future. I couldn't be more proud to support Polnut for another term as President of Atlasia. To my supporters, I ask that you consider Polnut, someone who works hard and keeps an open mind.

Good, because I wasn't going to support you if you left us hanging Governor Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »

Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »

New campaign banner!

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »

Let's Talk Taxes

My opponent, Jerseyrules, has released his taxation plan today and I stand strongly opposed to it. The reality of the situation is that federal income taxes, which I voted to cut, are exorbitantly high already. At the regional level, we must diversify the tax base and keep income taxes as low as possible so that workers aren't the only ones funding the good services this region provides. Jerseyrules' tax proposals are dangerous and demonstrate why we need an experienced leader to govern this region. I intend to work closely with former and future President Polnut to bring tax reform to the Northeast. Now is not the time to elect an out of touch ideologue.

Thank you for your brief attention, and please vote Napoleon.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »

Yeah about that........

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »

I am reaffirming my commitment to Governor Winfield's Vote Sanctity Act, which I supported wholeheartedly. I will ask the legislature to vote on whether or not to enshrine the policy in our Constitution, and I will pursue policies to strengthen our democracy by reducing voter manipulation and deception.

Thank you for supporting my campaign.

Senator Napoleon, in Manchester, NH
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »

I am pleased to address the members of the Northeast Region at this time in support of candidate for Governor, Senator Napoleon.

During his illustrious career of public service, Napoleon has amply demonstrated his outstanding leadership abilities, and his considerable commitment to the Northeast and to Atlasia.

Napoleon offers to the Northeast able leadership that will benefit this region greatly at this time in our history.  Napoleon offers pragmatic leadership, not ideological platitudes.

Policies that Napoleon will work for, including reducing Assembly size for more competitiveness, streamlining the budget process for more efficiency in government, and keeping the public informed, among many others, will work towards creating a more dynamic and forward thinking Northeast Region.

I urge Northeast residents to get behind his candidacy and elect Napoleon Governor of the Northeast.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies