Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Renaissance: Napoleon for the Northeast  (Read 7261 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »

Endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »

And me. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »

Some plans:

I will work closely with our next regional Senator to ensure the Northeast gets its fair share.

I will make county results maps for every election, and possibly town maps if I get some help from Homelycooking and Dallasfan. Wink   I will also try to "find" the lost county results for previous elections, but those from before my time will require external help.

I will standardize candidacy declaractions and balloting, listing political parties on ballots and always posting a Sampson ballot 72 hours in advance.

This sounds like a cool idea, but what exactly do you mean by town maps for elections?  Do you mean asking the voters the town they live in and recording it and their vote on a map?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?

This sounds like another fine idea, except for a few problems.  I don't know if any reps would be willing to take the position, because technically, it would reduce their power in the Assembly since the Lt. Governor only votes to break ties.  If no one accepts the position, there would be an issue.  Also, would the Governor be choosing an Lt. Governor before or after the election?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

To address Speaker Scott's concerns about a clause in the new constitution, I plan to push for an amendment that allows the Governor to designate whichever Representative simultaneously serves as Lt. Governor. Thoughts?

This sounds like another fine idea, except for a few problems.  I don't know if any reps would be willing to take the position, because technically, it would reduce their power in the Assembly since the Lt. Governor only votes to break ties.  If no one accepts the position, there would be an issue.  Also, would the Governor be choosing an Lt. Governor before or after the election?

The Rep would be Lt. Governor for succession purposes only.  Other than that, he's just a Rep who can vote like any other IIRC.

I had always assumed that the Lieutenant Governor only gets to vote if there's a tie, since there would be a problem if a vote came to that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »

The Rep would be Lt. Governor for succession purposes only.  Other than that, he's just a Rep who can vote like any other IIRC.

I had always assumed that the Lieutenant Governor only gets to vote if there's a tie, since there would be a problem if a vote came to that.

I had to change that for the new constitution because that is too boring for anyone to want to run for. I don't think I've seen anyone on the ballot for that office my whole time here.

Good point, but what happens if a vote comes to a tie?  Does the bill fail?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Oh, I see now. Smiley

I will support this amendment proposal.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2011, 01:40:37 PM by Left-leaning Freedom Lover »

If such a debate is held, I'll volunteer to moderate if no one else would like to. Smiley

Assuming there will be an opponent, of course.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »

Nah, it's just a boring race. Tongue

I was thinking about opening an "Ask Northeast Candidates" debate-type thread, but it probably wouldn't be very practical for someone being a moderator and a candidate for office at the same time.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »

Rowan isn't even running a campaign.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »

Napoleon for the Northeast

Press Release

Senator Napoleon reports raising over $3 million at a fundraising dinner with Governor Winfield Saturday evening. The Senator issued the following statement: "Sure, it helps get our message out, but money will not be a deciding factor in this race. Northeast voters will make their decision based on the issues that matter. That's why I'm talking about reforming the budget, reforming the legislature, while my opponent is relying on using settled issues like abortion as a wedge. I think it does a disservice to the public not to focus on what matters most."

Senator Napoleon will be campaigning across the region this next week alongside his normal Senate duties.

My campaign will be in the Northeast next week... time for  a joint appearance me thinks Smiley

I second this!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:53 AM »

I'm inexperienced, but I would like to be more involved - I'll volunteer to stand for election to the Assembly.

EDIT: Never mind. I never know what I'm doing on this board. Too confusing.

Sad
Id have supported you.

I really don't know what I'm doing here, so I'm hesitant. But if you're willing to support me despite my own reservations, I'll declare. Does the Liberal Party have a full slate of candidates yet?

I believe we have all the incumbents (minus wormyguy and me), Snowstalker, and Winfield running for the Assembly this election cycle.  You would have to declare a write-in campaign to be a candidate, at this point.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:03 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Governor-elect! Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length