The slow unravelling of Exodus International
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The slow unravelling of Exodus International
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The slow unravelling of Exodus International  (Read 827 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »

http://equalitymatters.org/blog/201201090004

"For years, Exodus International has been one of the country’s most prominent “ex-gay” Christian groups, promoting the widely discredited practice of attempting to alter a person’s sexual orientation through prayer or counseling.

On January 6, however, during a panel discussion at the Gay Christian Network’s annual conference in Orlando, Florida, Exodus President Alan Chambers confessed that the overwhelming majority of those who had undergone “ex-gay” therapy had not changed their sexual orientation."

CHAMBERS: The majority of people that I have met, and I would say the majority meaning 99.9 percent of them, have not experienced a change in their orientation or have gotten to a place where they could say that they could never be tempted or are not tempted in some way or experience some level of same-sex attraction. I think that there is a gender issue there. There are some women who have challenged me and said, “Well that - my orientation or my attractions have changed completely.” Those have been few and far between. The vast majority of people that I know do still experience some level of same-sex attraction.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies