opebo vs. Christopher Hitchens (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opebo vs. Christopher Hitchens (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: opebo vs. Christopher Hitchens
opebo/opebo

opebo/Hitchens

Hitchens/opebo

Hitchens/Hitchens

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: opebo vs. Christopher Hitchens  (Read 5174 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: December 21, 2011, 06:19:41 AM »

Hitchens was a useless joke of a "journalist".

HAR HAR CHRISTIANS SUCK THERE IS NO GOD LOLZ

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

HAR HAR TORTURE IS AWESOME

You're aware that Opebo agrees with all of those as well (although he might not have favoured the Iraq war he does favour general bombing of Muslims).

And of course, he's a lot less entertaining or witty than Hitchens.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

didn't Hitchens renounce support of torture after he was waterboarded?

The problematic part is that he had to be waterboarded before he'd renounce support of torture.

I thought that was Michael Savage?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

You're aware that Opebo agrees with all of those as well (although he might not have favoured the Iraq war he does favour general bombing of Muslims).

Gee, no I didn't know opebo was an atheist. Thanks for informing me!

opebo has praised Muslims for killing US troops and condemned CIA torturers and supports closing Guantanamo, so the other statement isn't correct.

LOL hardly. Hitchens reminds me of the old Einzige, opebo is funny.

I was under the assumption that becoming a Communist, especially a Trotskyite, was joining the Catholic Church, once in you can't really leave...

Uh, that's hardly true. I know a lot of ex-Catholics.

See, this is why people think you have no sense of humour.

And to think the second statement is incorrect you must have missed Opebo's views on Libya and Egypt.

I know concepts beyond EMO SUBURB OPEBO are difficult for you to grasp, but give it a try. One can like to kill a group of people without necessarily being opposed to killing another group of people. Chew on it for a while, pray a little and maybe you'll see the light.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »

And to think the second statement is incorrect you must have missed Opebo's views on Libya and Egypt.

In those cases I was rooting for some Muslims to bomb other Muslims, Gustaf.  I never proposed the outsider bomb them.

You think it's ok to bomb people as long as the right people are throwing the bombs? That seems quite arbitrary. The man behind the bomb makes no difference to the chap being blown up, no matter what fancy words you use.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:53:42 AM »

I'm not religious in the slightest and have no spiritual beliefs, but I was raised Catholic and thus will be a Catholic forever. To quote Dara O' Briain (comedian) - "I'm staunchly atheist, I simply don’t believe in God. But I'm still Catholic, of course". Tongue

That's nonsense. I refuse to think that way or consider that a valid viewpoint in honor of all those raised Catholic in my church and general tradition who have now decided to follow Jesus and not religion. They are not Catholic. Neither is opebo.

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

opebo has praised Muslims for killing US troops and condemned CIA torturers and supports closing Guantanamo, so the other statement isn't correct.

I was under the assumption that becoming a Communist, especially a Trotskyite, was joining the Catholic Church, once in you can't really leave...

I know concepts beyond EMO SUBURB OPEBO are difficult for you to grasp, but give it a try. One can like to kill a group of people without necessarily being opposed to killing another group of people. Chew on it for a while, pray a little and maybe you'll see the light.

No the point is that if opebo approved of that then he would support American soldiers killing Muslims, not the other way around. So you can't compare opebo's view here to Hitchens' neocon imperialist support.

Not even a try? Sad

Ah, well, maybe I overestimated you. Never mind then.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »

Not even a try? Sad

I think what you overestimated may have been his appetite for reading all those quotes.  Why don't you concisely summarize your points for us - we are busy people and don't have time to read confused ramblings.

No, you're not and since you read each other so approvingly that obviously is not your preference.

Regardless, most of that text was his. Why would I sum it up for him? I only provided a few lines.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

didn't Hitchens renounce support of torture after he was waterboarded?

The problematic part is that he had to be waterboarded before he'd renounce support of torture.

I thought that was Michael Savage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

Ah, my bad then. I must have mixed them up.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

I'm not religious in the slightest and have no spiritual beliefs, but I was raised Catholic and thus will be a Catholic forever. To quote Dara O' Briain (comedian) - "I'm staunchly atheist, I simply don’t believe in God. But I'm still Catholic, of course". Tongue

That's nonsense. I refuse to think that way or consider that a valid viewpoint in honor of all those raised Catholic in my church and general tradition who have now decided to follow Jesus and not religion. They are not Catholic. Neither is opebo.

HAR HAR BOMB IRAQ

No the point is that if opebo approved of that then he would support American soldiers killing Muslims, not the other way around. So you can't compare opebo's view here to Hitchens' neocon imperialist support.

Not even a try? Sad

Try to do what? To understand things?

My point is that if opebo thought the way you claim he does, he'd be on the side of American soldiers killing Muslims, not the other way around.

I wouldn't really call it a point, but let's roll with it. It's wrong, as I explained above. Now, try and think about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies