GET OVER IT REPUBLICANS, ROSSI LOST (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GET OVER IT REPUBLICANS, ROSSI LOST (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GET OVER IT REPUBLICANS, ROSSI LOST  (Read 7198 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:09:59 AM »

hey, you did it to us for 4 years about Gore, now we can do it back. Fun, ain't it?

I'd have to see some real evidence that those were not valid votes or that valid votes were not counted before I complained.

"We" didn't do it to you so I see no reason to complain now.

Thank you. Nice to see some intellectual honesty. You are a great guy, J.J.

Also, I agree with you about calling everybody of a certain political party "we" or "you". There's a lot of individuality within parties; it's wrong to accuse someone of doing something just because a fellow party member did it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:07:29 AM »

Yes, finding out you were registered without ever doing anything to register is pretty surprising.  FInding out you voted absentee is also a bit of a shock when you lived a block from the polling place, which you did not need since you voted absentee in another state already and never registered in Washington. 

J.J.  That there were about 1800 more voters than registered voters in King County is not unverified.  It comes from a simple check of voter rolls to the number of ballots.  It is shockingly simple and makes a strong case that there are 1800 illegal ballots in the count.

Tredrick, so far, there have been three or four reported cases, not even proven at this point, of someone not having voted who are recorded as having voted. When that number reaches 129, you will have a good point. We are not there as of this point.

Second, the list of registered votes is not complete. Those 1800 voters may be very legitimate.

Look, I'm 100% in favor of continuing investigations of this, but before we get to the point screaming for a revote or overturning the election results by judical action, get some proof, not suspicions.

In addition, is there any proof that these votes were cast for Gregoire?

It would seem to me that you'd have to prove not only that there were 129 illegal ballots, but rather that the number of illegal Gregoire votes exceeds the illegal Rossi votes by 129.

And in any event, if ballots can be proven to be invalid, I don't see why those invalid ballots can't just be thrown out. Why do we need a revote? Just toss the illlegal ballots, and adjust the count accordingly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies