The Delegate Fight: 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:16:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: 2012  (Read 78632 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:19:25 AM »
« edited: February 09, 2012, 02:24:56 AM by xłp̓x̣ʷłtłpłłskʷc̓ »

With the way conventions work in Minnesota, I wouldn't be surprised if Romney gets shut out at the CDs, his people will probably just focus all their resources on electing delegates to state since that's the big focused on thing. The CD delegate elections in my experience have always been a bit of an afterthought, though granted in 2010 it was really just a boring formality (Even in 2008 it was somewhat ignored despite the election of quite a few national delegates, but our straw poll was binding so the delegate numbers were already set in stone.) Paul probably won MN-5 actually.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

Where are the Minnesota precinct results? I can only get results on the SoS site of what reported, not the actual results.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:55:11 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 03:05:26 AM by xłp̓x̣ʷłtłpłłskʷc̓ »

Bleh and we're usually pretty good at getting good and easy to use data out.

So Ron Paul won "only" 53.85% (14 votes lol) in my precinct. Of course Romney came in second with exactly half that, and Santorum had only 2 votes.

The Paul dominance of various college dorm precincts is pretty amusing. Here's something a little odd, Minneapolis 7-10, home to North Central University (Assembly of God), the most Republican precinct in Minneapolis (McCain actually broke a third of the vote) also gave a majority to Paul and second place to Romney, the latter being more surprising than the former. Santorum in fact received only one vote, to Romney's 7 and Paul's 11. In other words it didn't vote much different than most other Minneapolis precincts. People at NCU were really that uninterested?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »

I'm curious in a map of these four "regions" in North Dakota. I'm going to guess that it's the Fargo area, the rest of eastern North Dakota/Red River Valley, the Bismarck/Mandan metro and the areas in the southwest where essentially no one lives and then the rest of the state (essentially Minot, a Reservation and some oil drilling places)?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »

Williston's an important town in North Dakota. Everyone there knows where it is and did even before the oil boom. Basically in ND if a town is big enough to have 24-hour services, it'll have its own legislative district. No worse than a lot of the "county legislatures" in New York, I live in a county with over a million people and a 7-member county commission, they have places with around 20 districts for not even half that people...

And while that delegate system can be quite silly (and the Chilean Senate is too), it's not as bad as giving the same amount of delegates to whoever wins Charlie Rangel's district as whoever wins the State Island district or in the upcoming Michigan primary where those Detroit districts are worth as many delegates as the Republican seats in the state. I've noticed because of that Romney can lose Michigan and still win a strong majority of delegates (though as Erc noted we don't really know how the delegates are going to be apportioned.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

I'd be surprised if Santorum won TN-9, in 2008 McCain won the district despite Huckabee winning the county, this seems like a similar situation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 12:11:13 AM by The Old World Is Behind Us »

Some time this weekend (BTW weekend for me is Sunday/Monday, I'm still working tomorrow), I might try to look up info on the Minnesota conventions that have been held, though I'll be somewhat busy (Mass Effect 3, plus I'm helping my buddies out setting up for the preview gathering for their new church on Sunday too.) But plenty of counties and districts should've had held their conventions already.

Unfortunately while Minnesota has several fine progressive blogs that report on the DFL caucus numbers well, Minnesota right wing blogs tend to be little more than hit pieces on Democrats and don't provide much useful info (for comparison the largest Minnesota progressive blog is titled the "Minnesota Progressive Project" while the largest conservative blog is titled "Minnesota Democrats Exposed".)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:23:43 AM »

Green Papers has them: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/IL-R#0320

Looks like all the districts voted for a full ticket of the district winner, except IL-16 and IL-18 that gave Santorum one delegate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies