The Delegate Fight: 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:20:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: 2012  (Read 78814 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: February 08, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

If the straw polls don't matter, why do candidates compete for them? They should just focus on getting their delegates elected at each step of the process, instead of courting voters. I believe that was how Barry Goldwater captured the 1964 Republican nomination.

Because delegates are completely meaningless except in the exceedingly unlikely situation that no candidate has a majority. It's all about perception; the candidate who is perceived to have the best chance of winning will win. Straw polls are part of said perception.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:10:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So basically if a district splits 60%-20%-20%, its delegates are split evenly. What a dumb system.

Reminds me of the Chilean Senate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »

I need to display Maine and Nebraska's CDs in order to get the proper delegate total to show up in the state itself; pay no attention to the '1' value in each CD (though I have colored the Maine CDs appropriately for reference).

The numbers off the coast of Florida correspond to Puerto Rico and the insular territories (Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Marianas).  Puerto Rico unfortunately no longer displays on the map as it used to.

Atlas conventions for the colors:  Green = Romney, Blue = Gingrich, Orange = Santorum, Yellow = Paul (ME CD 2).

Of course, most states are not winner-takes-all (only AZ & FL have been so far), so don't take a map like this too seriously.

Just change the year to 1968 and the Maine and Nebraska CDs go away.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies