The Delegate Fight: 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: 2012  (Read 78594 times)
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.29, S: -6.35

« on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:35 AM »

Your caucus estimates are way off and favoring Romney while underestimating Paul.  There's nothing conservative about them.

Romney is likely getting zero delegates in Iowa and less delegates than Paul in Washington.  Paul also seems like he's going to win Maine by quite a bit.  The Paulites seem to think they have Colorado too but I find that hard to believe.  Minnesota looks like Paul probably will have more than Santorum though.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:54 AM »

A change in the delegate selection process this late in the game is very expressly against RNC rules.  While a vote at the convention itself (excluding Texas' delegates) could overturn that, there's no way that, if Texas were the deciding factor in stopping a Romney majority, that the vote would pass on the floor.
Actually, it would appear that WTA contests are against national RNC rules, so I think there's actually more chance that when it's all said and done that Willard will lose some from Arizona and Florida, rather than anything crazy happening with Texas.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »

http://www.gop.com/index.php/news/comments/republican_national_committee_approves_2012_presidential_nominating_process
You must be logged in to read this quote.
As you can see in the rules, they got penalized for holding their primary too soon, rather than for non-proportional allocation of delegates.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »

http://rebelpundit.com/2012/04/washington-state-gop-skirts-rules-to-sabotage-santorum/

Looks like Rmoney is getting shut out and it's making his people mad!
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »

We'll see what happens in Wyoming (which I currently project to be swept by a Romney slate) and Colorado (Lord knows) this Saturday.
I thought Wyoming was already decided, and Romney won most of the delegates.  I also thought each county picked a delegate and the state convention didn't pick the slate.  Maybe I'm wrong though, that's just from the back of my head.

Colorado seems like it will be Paul and Santorum shutting out Romney.  I'm guessing Santorum will get a few more than Paul, but Romney will probably be the loser.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »

He didn't drop out.  He suspended his campaign, so all of his pledged delegates in primary states must still vote for him on the first ballot.  However, his unpledged delegates (mostly in caucuses) can vote for whomever they choose.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »

Amazing how the Paul campaign works. So much for "Liberty".
So they should wave the white flag to the anti-liberty establishment?
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:55 AM »

We're not saying that, it's just that for a candidate who prides himself on being the anti-establishment go-to guy, Paul's campaign seems to be very good at subverting the will of the people and stealing delegates from the candidates who actually won.
Not really, if the other people had such a strong will, they'd be able to take advantage of it and win those states, but only the Paul people have that will.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »

That's not the point. The point is that Paul is stealing delegates.
No, he's winning delegates that he rightfully deserves.  If it wasn't for the media and the GOP establishment, he would already be the nominee, so I'm not exactly concerned with him "stealing" a few delegates here and there.  It doesn't near make up for the disadvantage he finds himself in.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »

A: That's not entirely true.

B: That's not my point. I'm simply saying that if Paul really wants to run against the establishment, he shouldn't be using dirty tricks to get more than his fair share of delegates. No one should.
So your point is that Paul should just sit there and let the establishment use dirty tricks against him and not fight back with any of his own?  The only way to fight the establishment is to attempt to beat it, and if you concede then you aren't accomplishing anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies