The Delegate Fight: 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:16:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: 2012  (Read 78698 times)
jmc247
Rookie
« on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

What offically happens to Newt's delegates if he does drop out?
jmc247
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »

Although it's clear that Romney still has some work to do winning over the hearts and minds of the Republican base (as evidenced by his relatively poor showing in Colorado this weekend), it is also clear that Romney has no serious opposition in the remaining primaries.  Gingrich is showing no signs of life (having been relegated to 'joke candidate' status a while back and completely buried in debt), and Paul still has a pretty hard ceiling, even if he might pick up a few anti-Romney protest votes.

There may be some surprises left in store for us at future State Conventions, but, as in Colorado this weekend, they will be largely Paulista affairs.  While amusing, I have no particular interest in documenting those quixotic endeavors when the final outcome of the process is no longer in doubt.

As such, unless there is significant popular demand, I will no longer be maintaining this thread.  Congratulations to Mitt Romney on (finally) becoming the presumptive nominee.

The Delegate Fight will return for Season 3 in December 2015, (hopefully) featuring two exciting and competitive contests for the parties' nominations.

I will give you a hand if you want to see it through to the end.

What state conventions awarding delegates are left for April and May?

As for Penn. when will the delegates be decided?
jmc247
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »

In Minnesota, Paul has swept the conventions in CDs 3, 5, and 6, winning all 9 delegates at stake.  I had projected Santorum - 5, Paul - 3, Romney - 1 in those districts.

What state conventions in April and May are coming up where delegates will be decided?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies