How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:17:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission  (Read 32192 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 15, 2012, 04:22:24 PM »

For all their acclaim at being such brutally aggressive redistricters, Republicans really aren't that good at it. They haven't done the work that has occurred on the left to form an intellectual movement for ah I guess you could call it "progressivism" in redistricting. Most of that seems to have occured in the last decade in response to PA-TX-MI. The Republicans on the other hand, are good at legislative redistricting and manipulating the rules in MI to suit there purposes, but they aren't at a level in which they could compete toe to toe intellectually in CA or understand the implications of what choice of partisan data to use in AZ. Washington is one notable exception, primarily because of Gorton. Florida will be interesting to see both at the legislature and in the courts.

Now can anyone link me to a numbered map of the districts as adopted by the commission somewhere on the forum? Preferably one that I can actually load, so if it is on a page with 10 others maps, that won't work. Tongue I can't load the commission site.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies