UT-Dan Jones: Matheson (D) ahead in the new 4th CD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  UT-Dan Jones: Matheson (D) ahead in the new 4th CD
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-Dan Jones: Matheson (D) ahead in the new 4th CD  (Read 1255 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »

"Jim Matheson will have a lot of work to do win," pollster Dan Jones said. "I believe this is one the Democrats are counting on winning, but it's going to be a close race at every level."

The Utah Legislature redrew congressional boundaries this fall to reflect the 2010 census that gave the state a fourth U.S. House seat. Lawmakers carved Matheson's current district four ways. The new 4th District contains southwestern Salt Lake County, western Utah County and all of Juab and Sanpete counties — all heavily Republican.

"I've never let the boundaries of a district define what I've done. I try to act in the interest of all of the state of Utah. I think people know that," Matheson said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705396386/Rep-Jim-Matheson-leads-all-comers-in-Utahs-new-4th-Congressional-District-poll-shows.html
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »

"Jim Matheson will have a lot of work to do win," pollster Dan Jones said. "I believe this is one the Democrats are counting on winning, but it's going to be a close race at every level."

Spin much in the middle part of the sentence? Rest is true and as expected, of course.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »

It'll be pretty funny if Matheson holds on for another ten years despite Republicans' best efforts to draw him out again.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »

It'll be pretty funny if Matheson holds on for another ten years despite Republicans' best efforts to draw him out again.
They passed a much weaker map than their best efforts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies