2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:00:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: 2014: Midterms, Presidential Contests and beyond  (Read 82430 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

I'll shoot for an update...Wednesday.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

I'll shoot for an update...Wednesday.
YAAAAY!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

Awesome TL!  Smiley
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »

In this thread, Paul could throw hat in if things go enough bad to assure him re-election in Kentucky. I'd like to see George Clooney in this thread too, challenging Paul or trying to get Boxer's seat.

Where is Clooney politically by the way?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »

In this thread, Paul could throw hat in if things go enough bad to assure him re-election in Kentucky. I'd like to see George Clooney in this thread too, challenging Paul or trying to get Boxer's seat.

Where is Clooney politically by the way?

Very liberal. No way he's going to Kentucky.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

I know I'm waaaay overdue, but I'll have a huge 2016 Preisdent update tomorrow!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

Smiley
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »

I hope that's true Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

I hope that's true Tongue

Lol, it will be quite true!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »

JINDAL, CUOMO FIRST TO ENTER 2016 RACE

Politico- This week, major candidates from both parties declared their intentions to succeed term limited President Barack Obama. With Vice President Beebe not seeking the Presidency, both sides will see competitive primaries. Governors Bobby Jindal and Andrew Cuomo, who are both popular in their respective states, both announced this week that they would seek the Presidency.
In Jindal's speech, the Governor was very critical of the President. "2016 will be our chance to elect a President who's right on the issues. All throughout his eight years, President Obama has ignored the very real solutions that Republicans have proposed. Instead of working with us, Obama and Congressional Democrats have pushed a liberal agenda that is just not right for our country."
"My governing philosophy has always been about choosing liberty and freedom over regulations and bureaucrats. In my view, the strength of America is not found in our government. It is found in the compassionate hearts and enterprising spirit of our citizens. Before I became Governor, much of our state's public programs were broken after a century of corrupt, Democratic rule. However, in Louisiana, Republicans have been the party of real and meaningful change. As Governor, I've worked to lower taxes, reformed our pension and education systems and cleared the way for business to invest in Louisiana. As a result, we have a more responsible government and an 5.7% unemployment rate, under the national average."
"Growing up in India, my father had seen extreme poverty. He would tell me: 'Bobby, Americans can do anything.' I still believe that holds true to this day. That is why, as my term as Governor draws to and end, I will be seeking the Presidency of the United States."

Governor Cuomo was more supportive of the President and vowed to continue the work of President Obama.
"I don't there's any question: President Obama and Vice President Beebe have been a good team for America. As Governor, it was great to know that I was working with a strong President who understood the needs of my state."
"When I took over, New York State is upside down and backwards; high taxes and low performance. The New York State government was at one time a national model. Then, unfortunately, it's a national disgrace. Working across party lines, we put New York on a path back to economic solvency.
Our next President needs to now how to forge bipartisan solutions with a likely divided Congress. Thats exactly what I've done with a split legislature here in New York."
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »

I don't like these candidates Tongue
PoliticalPerson
Canada

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »

I know Jindal, but who the heck is Cuomo?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »

I know Jindal, but who the heck is Cuomo?

The governor of New York.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »

They'll be more!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2012, 01:01:27 AM »

While I really like this TL, am I the only one that feels it's too kind to the Democrats?

Ones I can think of:

Landrieu's win (mainly because of the Obama years)
The margin of Pryor's win (ditto)
Juneau's win
Grimes's win (see Landrieu, Pryor)
Goodwin's win (ditto)

Also semi-surprised that Lindsey Graham won.

Still a good timeline though. Well done.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2012, 02:35:03 AM »

While I really like this TL, am I the only one that feels it's too kind to the Democrats?

Ones I can think of:

Landrieu's win (mainly because of the Obama years)
The margin of Pryor's win (ditto)
Juneau's win
Grimes's win (see Landrieu, Pryor)
Goodwin's win (ditto)

Also semi-surprised that Lindsey Graham won.

Still a good timeline though. Well done.

Yes, I've often noticed that myself.

I'm very favorable to southern Democrats, since I identify with them.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »

Miles likes to put moderates into power (Dems in the South and Republicans in the Northeast). I'm perfectly ok with this. Smiley
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »

I'll update tomorrow...I'm running through a few 2016 scenarios today.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »

I'll update tomorrow...I'm running through a few 2016 scenarios today.
*yay*
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »

Bump!!!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »

I would have updated this on time, but its exam time and I have quite a bit on my plate. I'm still working on a update!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »

I would have updated this on time, but its exam time and I have quite a bit on my plate. I'm still working on a update!

Take as long as you want, but I expect regular updates come summer Wink
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2012, 09:38:10 AM »

*fires a flare from signal gun so Miles can see it*
Bump!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »

Rachel: Welcome to Election Night 2015! We're so glad you're joining us her on MSNBC for our live coverage of these off-year Gubernatorial elections! Without ado, lets jump into it!

Chris: We only have a few races to cover tonight, but this will still be very telling. The first state where we have returns from is Kentucky. Ever since I've been covering politics, which has been a while, the Republicans could never do well in these Kentucky races. We have 53% of precincts reporting in the Bluegrass State and the Democrat, Crit Luallen is cruising to a win. In fact, the AP is already calling the race for her. The Republicans ran Congressman Geoff Davis. Davis carried his old district across the Ohio border and won in the Republican southern region. Luallen's margins in the eastern coalfields and in the central part of the state gave her a win. With more analysis, we have our own electoral guru Chuck Todd. Chuck, whats your take on this?
Chuck: Well, the outgoing Democratic Governor, Steve Beshear, was very popular. He left office with an almost 65% approval rating, so it isn't very surprising that the Democrats held this seat. The last poll, from SurveyUSA showed Luallen defeating Davis 55-40, that seems pretty accurate as the results roll in. Here's an interesting fact about Kentucky: in the 67 years since 1948, Democrats held the Governorship for 61.

Rachel: Our second state reporting tonight is Mississippi. There, with only 48% of the votes counted, the AP is projecting that Governor Gene Taylor will win reelection by a landslide. Taylor was popular throughout his term as he crafted an image as both a fiscal centrist and a social conservative. That seemed to be a winning combination is Mississippi.
Taylor ran against former Congressman Chip Pickering, who was considered a second-tier opponent in this increasingly Republican state. The RGA spent almost nothing here, as national Republicans realized that they could not overcome Taylor's popularity.

Chuck: Thats right. Going into the election, polls showed that less than 35% of Mississippi voters did not approve of Taylor's job performance; that didn't provide much of a base for Pickering. Another thing to notice is Taylor's old district. Even though he lost by 6 points there in 2010, he's getting 66% in that same area tonight. The voters that know him the best seem to realize that ousting him in 2010 was a mistake.

Chris: Finally, we actually have a competitive race! In Louisiana, we have three well-known faces competing for the Governor's mansion. The Republican establishment got behind Senator David Vitter. After a prostitution scandal in his first term, there appeared to be no place for Vitter in the national GOP leadership, so he went back home to run for Governor. Smart move. However, at the last minute, former Governor Buddy Roemer jumped into the race.
On the other side, Democrats got behind former Clinton campaign adviser James Carville. Carville relied on his folksy and almost comical campaign style to get votes.
Chuck: With 56% of votes counted, a runoff between Vitter and Carville seems likely. Roemer's campaign wasn't able to garner much traction outside his old 4th Congressional district. In the runoff, President Bill Clinton as well has Governor Gene Taylor and Max Sandlin are scheduled to campaign with Carville. Its worth noting that in our exit polls, Governor Jindal, who is now running for President, is leaving office with a 57% approval rating while 39% disapprove.

Rachel: And I hope you'll stay with us for our continuing coverage of these elections!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2012, 01:19:02 AM »

And no complaining about the photoshop of Chuck Todd's head onto Keith Olbermann's body!! haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies