Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:55:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Omnibus 'congresscritters retiring next year' announcements  (Read 23490 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 31, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

You see, R+1, in this context, is referring to a Republican pickup. px75 is suggesting that the retirement of librul, RINO, might as well be a Democrat Dan Burton provides the perfect opportunity for a real Republican to take the seat. While 10 years ago, I would think that such a comment could only be considered sarcastic, today I'm not so sure.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:58:54 PM »

Just saw it on Politico and the NC 2012 thread but figured I'd post it here, too, for those that don't read the other sources.

Good riddance.

Our House majority was built on the Heath Shulers and Gene Taylors. Our party would do well to remember that.

Love him or hate him, the fact is that we're one more seat short of re-taking the House.

THANK YOU!!!!

I am tired of all the bashing of moderate Democrats on this forum (and, to a lesser extent, moderate Republicans). The Democrats need moderates to have a majority. Given how far to the right the Republicans have moved recently, the most important vote a Congressman makes as far as I'm concerned is their vote for Speaker, and as long as that person doesn't have an R next to their name, I'm not complaining.

I'd rather have a 230-205 Democratic majority with 150 DINOs than a 230-205 Republican majority with no DINOs.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:28 AM »

I'd rather have a 230-205 Democratic majority with 150 DINOs than a 230-205 Republican majority with no DINOs.

I used to think the same way you and MilesC56 do until I saw our Democratic majorities in action the first two years of Obama's presidency.  I feel quite differently now.  Having a majority is useless if you can't pass basic liberal priorities, like the Employee Free Choice Act, or an Obamacare with a public option, or a stimulus package big enough not only to bring the economy out of free fall but also into a full Main Street-tangible recovery.  

Having a "useless" majority is still better than being in a perpetual minority where the lunatics on the far right control everything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies