Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gingrich won't vote for Ron Paul....  (Read 3053 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »

Keystone only hates Paul because he's jealous that Santorum can't seem to get a rise.

Uh...sort of expected better from you. Anyway, I dislike Paul because he's dangerous, a fraud and a borderline cult leader.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »

Keystone only hates Paul because he's jealous that Santorum can't seem to get a rise.

Uh...sort of expected better from you. Anyway, I dislike Paul because he's dangerous, a fraud  and a borderline cult leader.

Fixed.  Not sure where the fraud part comes in.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »

Uh...sort of expected better from you. Anyway, I dislike Paul because he's dangerous, a fraud  and a borderline cult leader.

Pretending to be a fiscal conservative. The guy is a total hypocrite when it comes to pork barrel spending. Not to mention "Mr. libertarian's" views on a handful of groups of people...
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »

Pretending to be a fiscal conservative. The guy is a total hypocrite when it comes to pork barrel spending. Not to mention "Mr. libertarian's" views on a handful of groups of people...

I actually think he addressed the pork barrel spending issue quite well.  I'm an avowed libertarian and I find his explanation wholly acceptable.

I'll leave the newsletter stuff alone here, as I'm not sure it is a question of fraud, but rather, personal beliefs vs. political ones.  Even if you assume he has responsibility, it's certainly possible to be racist and advocate for non-/anti-racist policies.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »

He'd "have a lot of heartburn" with Paul over national security issues but Santorum claims he'd vote for him over Obama. Ugh.  Sad

Oh, well. It won't come to that. Time to be happy about the real Santorum Surge in Iowa!  Smiley
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »

Well, other than party loyalty why would we expect Gingrich to vote for Ron Paul?

$$$$
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

He'd "have a lot of heartburn" with Paul over national security issues but Santorum claims he'd vote for him over Obama. Ugh.  Sad

Oh, well. It won't come to that. Time to be happy about the real Santorum Surge in Iowa!  Smiley

If 16% on a "Republicans only" poll less than a week from the caucuses is enough to win, I'll eat my underpants.

However, I feel you're happiness too, funny enough. Santorum has basically no chance of winning Iowa short of divine intervention, but he could perform well. He could even beat Romney for second! That would probably be the best case scenario for Paul, since Santorum has about as much chance of performing well outside of Iowa (and maybe, say, Louisiana) as I do of becoming the head of the GRU, while Romney's veil of legitimacy would be torn at the seams.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

So what is Ron Paul going to do once he's out of Congress? Maybe do some of those "BUY GOLD!" commercials?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 06:17:09 PM »

So what is Ron Paul going to do once he's out of Congress? Maybe do some of those "BUY GOLD!" commercials?

Well, it's certainly better than the newsletter business these days.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »

You've jumped the shark, dude. Please just log out and don't return.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »

I think he was suggesting that Paul will take up either professional photography or landscape gardening, Phil.  That's the only conclusion anybody in their right minds could draw from him posting that photo.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »

So Santorum and Romney are confirmed to vote for Paul, should he win the primaries. Both of them made statements. Interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies