VOTE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:09:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  VOTE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VOTE  (Read 19477 times)
Demrepdan

« on: December 04, 2003, 08:51:23 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2003, 08:52:21 PM by Demrepdan »

From recent article I have read, it is estimated that if 100% of registered voters vote in the 2004 election, President Bush will be CRUSHED with no pity. But sadly, it appears that it is the majority of liberals who think to themselves, "I'm staying home this Tuesday, my vote doesn't matter anyway." This should make many of you Republicans jump from your seats in joy.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 09:24:16 PM »

I'll be voting not only in the general election, but the Democratic Primaries. Even if the primaries are pretty much wrapped up by the time the state of Illinois holds their primaries. It dissapoints me how I can't get many of my friends to vote. I was able to convince one to vote for the 2002 elections, but I may not be able to convince him to vote for the primaries. One other friend doesn't vote at all.

They are pretty much liberal too, this saddens me how there are several potential Democrats out there, who don't want to vote because they think it's a waste of time.

I wonder how many Republicans do this.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 12:35:58 AM »

Here's a question for you all. However, this only applies to those 18 and over, sorry kids.

What was the first election you were involved in, and how did you vote?

I turned 18 in 2001, so I participated in the 2002 March Primaries, declaring myself a Democrat. In the General Election in 2002, I of course voted, and voted mostly Democratic. I only voted for TWO Republicans. Irronically enough, every major candidate I voted for, won the election Smiley Except for one.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 06:37:49 PM »

I want to know who would post at a forum like this and not vote in the election.  We can't wait until election day.
Damn straight.
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 06:59:37 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2003, 07:04:01 PM by Demrepdan »

my voting record, which is much shorter than anyone elses probably, unless you're under 18. Although mine is probably more on the money than anybody else. (i.e voting for the winning candidate)

Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) -won
Secretary of State Jesse White (D) -won
Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) -won
Treasurer Judy Barr Topinka (R) -won
Comptroller Dan Hynes (D) -won

Senator Dick Durbin (D) -won
Representative Tim Johnson (R) -won
Demrepdan

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 07:04:59 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2003, 07:05:29 PM by Demrepdan »

the only person i know in your voting record is durbin
LOL. The only ones I know in yours is Governor Granholm and Al Gore.
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 08:36:08 PM »

My voting record:

2000: Pres: Al gore (D)
Senate: Hillary Clinton (D)

1998 Senate: Charles Schumer (D)

1996: Bill Clinton (D)
1994: DP Moynihan (D)

1992: Perot (I)
Sen AL D'mato (R)

I can't remember much else.

You voted for Perot in 1992?!?! How could you?
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 04:02:58 AM »

I have no problem with low turnout.  Better the decision be made by people who are motivated to vote and at least presumably moderately well-informed.
Well, I agree. However, EVERYONE should be motivated to vote, and EVERYONE should be moderately well-informed. The ones that are NOT moderately well-informed and not motivated...DON'T vote, so you don't have to worry about them. I don't think the main concern should be to get everyone out to vote, but to indeed motivate them in order to bring them to the voting booths, and from motivation comes interest, and from that people become more well-informed. That's the key to high voter turn out.
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 04:06:28 AM »

Of course I'm going to vote and encourage as many of my friends to as well.  But I do live in one of the least competative states around, so my vote really doesn't count.  
Your vote always counts....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ha ha. Just because they didn't win, doesn't mean you didn't pick the "correct candidate" (i.e. the Democrat) Wink
Demrepdan

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 12:20:37 AM »

(and demrepdan, I don't limit it to Republicans and Democrats Smiley
lol. I assume you're referring to one of my previous posts, in which I said, "This country has two parties, the Democrats and Republicans. Pick one or shut up."

That does hold some truth in the way I think, because I think that voting for third parties damages candidates who have a potential to win (i.e The way Nader hurt Gore in 2000). But then again, sometimes the third party candidate is often more likeable or better to vote for than the Democrat or Republican.

It is kind of sad, how this country is controlled by only two parties. I would actually like to see more big third party victories. Jesse Ventura is proof that it can be done
Demrepdan

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 05:59:36 PM »

definately will be voting and for Bush.  On a border now and will likely move within next few months.  But gives me good regional coverage.

VOTE FOR BUSH!

Jravnsbo and John, why don't you put up your avatar, declaring yourself a Republican?
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 11:09:09 PM »

Nomatter what ANYbody says, IM VOTING, and im voting Democrat
no matter who the DEM nominee turns out to be?

Anybody but Bush....
Demrepdan

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 11:39:08 PM »

Unforuntaly, the election is Nov. 2.
I turn 18 on Nov. 14!!

NO!!!!!!!!!

lol  That's bad luck Harry, I'm sorry. Missing the election by just 12 days like that. Maybe you should complain to your parents, and tell them you should have been born sooner. Wink

If it makes you feel any better, I missed the 2000 election by 11 months.
Demrepdan

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 05:51:51 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2003, 05:53:21 PM by Demrepdan »

By the way, in that SAME article I read in Time magazine, by majority, people who have had SOME college education will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have a college degree will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have higher education BEYOND a bachelors degree will not vote for Bush in 2004. The majority of people who have a high school diploma or LESS will vote for Bush in 2004.

I didn't make this up.
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 07:01:36 PM »

In my previous post I wasn't trying to say that Republicans are stupid, just to let you know. Because a dozen of you Republicans will probably respond to that post saying, "Hey! I'm not stupid! Democrats are!"

But those are the statistical results from Time magazine.

To make you Republicans feel better, in the national I.Q. test given by MENSA through the Fox Channel (not Fox news, but the Fox channel), Democrats have an average IQ of 113. And Republicans have an average IQ of....yup....113.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies