VOTE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  VOTE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VOTE  (Read 19487 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: December 06, 2003, 08:21:12 PM »

The first election in which I voted was the 1980 presidential election.  My votes in presidential elections have been as follows:

1980 - Reagan - Rep. (won)
1984 - Reagan - Rep.  (won)
1988 - Bush - Rep. (won)
1992 - Bush - Rep.  (lost)
1996 - Dole - Rep.  (lost)
2000 - Bush - Rep.  (won)

In 2002, my votes were as follows:

Governor - Rowland - Rep. (won)
Congress - Shays - Rep. (won)
State Senate - McKinney - Rep. (won)
State Rep. - Tymniak - Rep. (won)

In my local elections this year, I voted for the Democratic candidates for the top spot, and they won.

On the local level, I switch parties depending upon the candidate, and at that level, there is really little difference between the two parties.  In my town, you have to talk the Republican talk to win (low taxes, low crime, etc.) and there is no constituency for standard Democratic issues, since the town is middle to high income and lily white.

But at the state and federal level, I vote nearly exclusively for Republicans.  At the state level, the Democrats in the legislature are continuously pushing for higher spending and higher taxes, and even if I like an individual Democratic candidate, a vote for him/her is only giving more power to the leaders of the party.  At the federal level, I would never vote to give more power to people like Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer and Maxine Waters.

Overall, I have probably voted for more winners than losers, but I never actually went back and checked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies