If Palin wants it, and she does, who could stop her from the Iowa Caucus in '12?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Palin wants it, and she does, who could stop her from the Iowa Caucus in '12?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If Palin wants it, and she does, who could stop her from the Iowa Caucus in '12?  (Read 10483 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »

Jindal would have a good chance of skipping Iowa and going for New Hampshire though, no?

Or could the religious appeal of Sarah Palin be blunted by Jindal's devout Catholicism in Iowa?
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »

Jindal would have a good chance of skipping Iowa and going for New Hampshire though, no?

Or could the religious appeal of Sarah Palin be blunted by Jindal's devout Catholicism in Iowa?

I'd pick Jindal over Palin big time, Heck, I think Jindal is actually really cool myself.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 11:35:14 PM »

Hopefully, the party can eject them out and stick to the populists that will likely be the base.

While we're at it, can we have Peace on Earth, too?

That'd be nice, but sadly unachievable. War is a evil that will sadly stay around, but that is why we have to stay defensive, helpful, and alert.

I just figured I'd ask since we were talking about the unlikely.

I think that Fiscal Conservatism is likely to leave the GOP, after this year. The Social and Fiscal Conservatives are in a duke out, and I guarantee the small government people that have corrupted this nation for so long will finally leave the GOP.

Small government corrupted the nation?  Have you seen the national debt?  Did you notice the beating Republicans took in the last 2 elections? 
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 04:28:24 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2008, 04:46:47 AM by Lunar »

That social conservatism and economic libealism will really help the GOP expand their base to expand into that critical region of Kentucky and West Virginia.

National party...?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 04:55:15 AM »

That social conservatism and economic libealism will really help the GOP expand their base to expand into that critical region of Kentucky and West Virginia.

National party...?

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2008, 05:29:22 AM by Lunar »

Oh yeah, you might earn Zell Miller's endorsement, totally forgot.

Miller does have a righteous wind at his back when, in 2004, he accused the Democrats of giving up on the South.  Now the Democrats can almost say the same for the Republicans for the Midwest, Southwest, and especially New England.

Anyway, the Republicans cannot win with that Southern White vibe anymore.  I think Palin has star potential and Huckabee won't run.  Why would Huck run when he has before against mediocre competition and was destroyed by sniping from the business-wing of the GOP party?  Huckabee is a great guy on a personal level and I don't think he thinks he's competitive anymore.  I kind of hope he runs for senate -- I wouldn't cry if he beat Lincoln. 

I don't think Palin has the... bureaucratic talent to run a great campaign, but I don't think Huckabee did either (Rollins only joined his team AFTER Iowa).  The key decisions one makes as a successful candidate are your appointments for top positions.  I kinda think Jindal is one of the more favored candidates in my own books partly because I suspect he has tremendous bureaucratic intelligence and management skills.

It all depends on how vulnerable Obama is, of course.  Typically, and ironically, [obviously] strong incumbents scare away [obviously] strong contenders.  1992 would be a good example of my brackets Smiley
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »

Thune, Jindal, a few others.... she's hyped up right now but will gradually fade away
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »

Thune, Jindal, Huckabee. Palin is unstoppable and will run without a doubt. This is hilarious.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »

I actually think if she got in now, she'd still have a good chance to win, but the better timing would have been a week ago.  And she's definitely crazy enough to do something like that.  But doesn't look like it will happen.  I still think Jindal is likely to end up the nominee.  Maybe even more so now that Santorum is surging.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »

I actually think if she got in now, she'd still have a good chance to win, but the better timing would have been a week ago.  And she's definitely crazy enough to do something like that.  But doesn't look like it will happen.  I still think Jindal is likely to end up the nominee.  Maybe even more so now that Santorum is surging.

Amen. Shame Romney isn't running. And Paul died.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »

Mike Huckabee is leading in South Carolina though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies