Official Iowa Caucus Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Iowa Caucus Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Official Iowa Caucus Results Thread  (Read 55029 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »

Is anyone surprised that paul supporters may be disproportionately likely to show up early? Just sayin'......
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »

Yeah, I noticed he hadn't been posting. A shame. He was one of the few Paulites whose arguments I could respect.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »

Where's Phil? I want to hear how he thinks Santorum's doing.

In a giddy adrenaline coma, I suspect. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

CNN has Santorum back in the lead! Paul in 3rd

Yeah, a bunch of Dallas County precints just came in big for Mitt.

EDIT: Some in Clinton County too.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:08 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2012, 09:38:46 PM by Badger »

Paul is leading by 6% in Polk County (Des Moines) with only 27% of the vote in.  

Based on that alone, I really have to think that Paul is going to win this.  Unreal.  

Though he was winning by a similar margin in next door Dallas until minutes ago.

The western counties are coming in nicely for Santorum. Watch who Woodbury goes for and by how much.

EDIT: Now Romney is starting to show some strength there. If not winning at least keeping it respectable (so far).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »

Almost a third in and the 3 front runners are separated by less than 70 votes! Shocked
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »

Linn and Dallas Counties are heavily carrying Romney here. The problem is most their vote, especially in Linn, is already in. He needs to either widen his margin in Dubuque considerably, or start showing strength somewhere new.

Woodbury? I forgot Romney beat Huck there last time.

Paul can still hope in that Polk and Story are still largely unreported.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:58 PM »

Linn and Dallas Counties together gave Mitt an edge of about a 1000 votes over Santorum and Paul. And they're almost tapped....

If he doesn't start pulling some numbers out of Polk and the other partially returned suburb counties where he's currently losing, and/or make a darn good showing in Woodbury, it's going to be tight at best....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »

I've got another $300 I can put in to the IEM for a candidate (good if they win first OR second). What's my best bet based on the county results so far?

The S&P 500 Index. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »

I can't believe what we're seeing out of Marion and Jasper. Can somebody more familiar with Iowa than I am explain what it is about those counties relative to the rest of the south-and-east-of-Des Moines part of the state?

Seriously. Not only why is Santorum doing so well, but also Romney doing particularly poor there?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »

Talk on Fox is that Santorum can use Top 3 Iowa performance to win the nom.....
Santorum isn't even as strong as Huckabee was 4 years ago, and look how Huckabee turned out.

People who hate Romney hate him more than anybody hated McCain.

That's where you're wrong. No Republican is more hated than John McCain by the base.

Not anymore....

Welcome to 2012
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

The Republicans have to go dump some Paul votes into the Mississippi before they announce the other 50% of the precincts.

And so it begins....

Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 10:57:43 PM »

If Santorum wins in large part because Sioux County held to it's extremist nature and came in BIG for him (I suspected it would Wink).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:12 PM »

So accprding to CNN Perry and Bachmann say they're in through SC?!? Great. Screw Santorum's chances at being the unifying non-Paul/anti-Romney there. Roll Eyes

I wonder how many calls from Romney HQ were made to those two tonight "strongly encouraging" them to give it their best in SC if they wanted any favors like prime time speaking slots at the convention or help paying off campaign debt?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »

Would Dubuque just report those last 10 precincts please? Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »

Would Dubuque just report those last 10 precincts please? Angry

They aren't the only ones sitting on some precincts.

The largest share of precincts by far (other than Story that's been just plain slow all night Tongue).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »

Where the hell is Santorum? He needed to take the stage over an hour ago, declare "victory" without explicitly claiming he "won", get a couple sound bites out for the 11:00 news and get off stage. Bad media management. Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:15:25 AM »

Oh hell, this isn't winner take all. It's about delegates. Call it a tie and let's move on to NH and SC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »

Several precincts out in Santorum counties (Kossuth, Appanoose, Hancock, etc.) plus the several out in Harrison. At this point there are more precincts out in Santorum counties than Romney ones, even without the mini-precinicts of Harrison.

Romney is litterally within 3-4 precincts of having officially shot his load.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »

FOUR precincts out in Clayton and one in Jackson, both Paul counties. Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 12:46:18 AM »

Thank you, thank you Rick Santorum, for beating that spineless twerp and making this a fun race.

And thank you again for that speech, which helped remind me what a self-righteous theocrat with his own personal pipeline from God to the platform-writing committee you are and always have been.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »

And thank you again for that speech, which helped remind me what a self-righteous theocrat with his own personal pipeline from God to the platform-writing committee you are and always have been.

God forbid someone be genuinely religious.  Roll Eyes  That means they think they have a "pipeline" to God.

Yes, Phil, someday after I've served a couple more years as deacon in my church, I'll hopefully get over this aversion to the "genuinely religious". Roll Eyes

If Santorum insists on wearing his religion on his sleeve in every politicking stump speech, let alone make it clear over the course of decades in politics he'd like to enact the editorial page of the Observatore Romano into law, then neither he nor his supporters have any room to bitch when someone calls him on it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 01:11:46 AM »

God forbid someone be genuinely religious.  Roll Eyes  That means they think they have a "pipeline" to God.

Yes, Phil, someday after I've served a couple more years as deacon in my church, I'll hopefully get over this aversion to the "genuinely religious". Roll Eyes

If Santorum insists on wearing his religion on his sleeve in every politicking stump speech, let alone make it clear over the course of decades in politics he'd like to enact the editorial page of the Observatore Romano into law, then neither he nor his supporters have any room to bitch when someone calls him on it.

Well then you, of all people, shouldn't be holier-than-thou and bash Santorum's religious nature.

You really aren't distinguishing between attacking blantant misuse of religion for politicking and attacking another Christian's "religious nature", are you?

I've got a great idea. Let's debate this. I'm sure one of us will wind up convincing the other of the correctness of our argument. No one here will mind a thread jack as the last two precincts report, right? It might slow bandwidth and posts but I'm sure you all agree this is VERY serious business Phil and I have.

Right?

Where'd all those torches come from? And how'd you all find pitchforks.....?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 01:14:28 AM »

Yep.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »

Santorum is ahead again after Keokuk comes in. Now we just need Clinton's precinct.

And apparently there was a change in Storey county where Romney leads again.

At the risk of sounding like a Paultard conspiracy theorist, what happened to the "no recount" rule?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies