A miracle in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  A miracle in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Should this go on?
Yes

No

Hell no!

It's awesome!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: A miracle in Iowa  (Read 22641 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »

Jesse as a Senator maybe, but there's something I don't like about that man, beyond political positions that makes me not want him to be part of our highest court.

Sorry you feel that way Cathcon.  But he played a very big part in Paul's election ITTL, and was a great ally for the president in the senate, because although America and the Tea Party is more libertarian, the GOP establishment and its politicians aren't.  But come on, tell me you don't laugh at the idea of Jesse in robes, giving a certain Justice Alito the Johnson Treatment:

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »

"The court finds that U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton is unconstitutional, and holds that states have the right to make laws term limiting federal officials.  While the Court does not endorse term limits, it finds that states should have the right to make their own decision if the federal government does not do so, until a federal term limit law is passed, in which case the state's term limits for said officials may be stricter, but not more lenient than, those initiated by constitutional amendment."

- Majority Opinion in U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Davis, the first "divided" opinion written by Chief Justice Ventura.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »

I'm really not sure where to go from here.  What do you guys think?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 04:26:06 AM »

Well at least make it not a one party rule. Like split the Republicans or something in the mid-term election so Ron Paul has to face a filibuster.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »

Well at least make it not a one party rule. Like split the Republicans or something in the mid-term election so Ron Paul has to face a filibuster.

Well this is basically your 1912.  The democrats are badly split, and Russ is one of the only Dems who didn't take sides last time.  Some wounds will never heal....  I'll leave it at that Wink
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »

It's baaaa-aaaack!

Unemployment hits 7%!  Economy continues improvement!

President Paul announces a bold new welfare-reform plan, to phase out welfare and Medicaid by the end of 2014, replacing it with a negative income tax, based on Paul Volcker's plans.  The president retains a 57% approval rating, and is able to convince Congress to pass his bill.  Meanwhile, Speaker Eric Cantor and House Majority Leader Paul Ryan recommend a privatization plan on Medicare and Social Security.  While these plans are not the repeal President Paul had hoped for, they are far better than the current system, in his opinion.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »

I promise to update tomorrow.  Wink
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »

C'mon man.
Tomorrow was a month and a half ago.
I would love to see this continue.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »

C'mon man.
Tomorrow was a month and a half ago.
I would love to see this continue.

I'm sorry, man, I've been busy with finals for a while.  I'll have an update now, but I promise more over the summer, after finals. Wink.  Thanks; the continued interest means a lot to me.

So without further adue, I bring to you a new update!

Note: A year has gone by since President Paul's inauguration.  His accomplishments are numerous and controversial, though he maintains the love and admiration of the American people, and the Republicans present a united front.  The few neoconservatives left in Congress will likely be wiped out in the midterms, and they are quiet for the most part.  Meanwhile, the left remains divided between the hipster/mildly pro-Paul Progressives (who have little reason to turn out on any election night in the forseeable future, as they are content enough with the President's foreign policy and stance on Civil Liberties to swallow most of his economic positions), and the moderate blue dog Democrats.  Until the left can unite as a voting block, there is no way to unseat the popular president.  Against all odds, (and most of the mainstream media, as well as the kingmakers in his own party), Ron Paul not won the Republican primaries, but won a landslide general election victory, securing the greatest upset since 1948.  And now back to the show:

President Paul has taken his case to the people, using the bully pulpit to call for a package of bills designed to create further economic stimulus, including a massive overhaul in the tax code, including a huge corporate tax cut, a personal tax reform, (creating a personal flat tax of 15%, and eliminating most deductions), an enormous decrease in staff and other "stains of bloated bureauocracy", a massive tariff reduciton, and sweeping the final fragmented remains of the New Deal and Great Society under the rug, including a repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax, privatization of the Tennessee Valley Authority, and the restoration of a mercenary-based military.

By now, President Paul has removed all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, and has greatly reduced American presence in Europe, Japan, South Korea, and more.  He has also reduced overseas bases from a staggering near-700 to a respectable 450 (much of which was done by turning over bases in South Korea and other nations to their respective governments).  The President has reduced troop levels by about 65%, and has brought many more back to America to guard her borders.  President Paul has largely remained silent on the immigration issue, as it is "not the right time to look at a problem that seems to be solving itself."

In fact, illegal immigration is estimated to have decreased by about 25% since 2013, and continues to drop.  Many also point to the much less bureaucratic - and much quicker - legal immigration system put in place by President Paul in the early months of his term.  Not bad for a first year.

President Paul Approval Ratings:

Approve: 61%
Disapprove: 27%
Unsure: 12%
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »

dream on
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 04:55:49 PM »

It's a what-if Wink.  Remember this is like Lewinskygate without attempted impeachment, plus a very popular republican.  If people know who he was, I honestly believe there's a chance this could happen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies