At what point will holding anti-gay positions start becoming a liability? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  At what point will holding anti-gay positions start becoming a liability? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: At what point will holding anti-gay positions start becoming a liability?  (Read 8961 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »

I would argue that in more than a few places it's already happening.

Hell, Santorum's Senate career was cut short in Pennsylvania of all places because he was too "anti-gay".
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

I'll be kind of sad once it's all over. I don't think there will ever be another type of issue that enrages the religious right so much Sad

Viewing this as in end in itself is extremely questionable.

Nah, we'll move on to other things like human cloning, genetic modification, and designer babies that will cause just as much uproar. Social progressivism requires an insatiable hunger for "social progress" that will not end at gay marriage. The religious right isn't going to run out of things to oppose any time soon.
Yeah. We're not giving up Wink

I would hope you wouldn't, since I don't actually have that hunger for 'social progress' for its own sake and will probably join you when it comes to issues of re-normalizing eugenics and other such nastiness.

Obviously Man-on-Dog will be the next cultural war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies