should parents be allowed to terminate the baby if heavily disabled? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:09:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  should parents be allowed to terminate the baby if heavily disabled? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should women be allowed to terminate the baby if heavily disabled?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: should parents be allowed to terminate the baby if heavily disabled?  (Read 6101 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: February 18, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »

I was born totally blind and with a ventricular septal defect (a hole between the two ventricles of the heart).  I was the last of seven children on top of it, with my dad in his mid-50's and my mom in her mid-40's, and I'm sure they didn't expect me (my next-oldest brother had been born a whole four years before me).  They were devoted Catholics, so abortion was out of the question.  I'm very glad to be alive, certainly, and I'm most grateful for everything my parents did for me in the undoubtedly burdensome and trying task of raising me in these circumstances.  But, to be honest, if they had decided to terminate the pregnancy given all of the above conditions, I wouldn't find the decision unreasonable.  My mom and dad had quite enough on their plates without me coming along and adding to their worries.      
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies