Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:11:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act  (Read 3570 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: January 13, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »

I want to speak strongly against the approval of this Bill and ask my senators: WMS and StatesRights to vote nay.
It is because of the proposal of this highly irresponsible bill that I decided to finally register on the fantasy election board. We have an increasingly important economic relationship with China. Direct investment in China is huge, especially from Texas based companies like Dell and Texas Instruments, as well as AMD. The business sector of my state is highly concerned about the possible retaliations that the Chinese government could apply against our investments there. This bill does not take into consideration the negative economic consequences.
Furthermore, escalating tensions with China is clearly not helpful towards the solution of the North Korean problem. It is also a clear distraction on the war against terror.

Are you at all aware of Atlasia's current relations with China?  They are in the process off building a blue water fleet.

I would also suggest that you read the last maybe 5 pages of this thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=7447.0

That will give you the current China situation.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »

I've read carefully the news about China. I think it can be pretty easily discovered that the present tension with China has been created by the media. It is kind of worrying that all the news feeds are coming from certain individuals from certain foreign individuals in charge of the media (RMurdoch.. sorry, no, Hugh) - it raises suspicion about their true motivations.
In any case, this bill will certainly hurt the investments of Atlasian businesses and I second the calls of prominent Presidential candidates to cool down things with China.

Problem is Hugh is our GM. He creates storylines for us to work with. He creates the foreign affairs and major internal affairs problems the government has to deal with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies