Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:15:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Bill For Pacific Defense and Tiawanese Protection Act  (Read 3568 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: January 02, 2005, 01:23:41 AM »

The President has requested that I submit the following legislation for debate by the Senate.

Taiwan Protection Act

Be it enacted by the Atlasian Senate here assembled

Section 1: The Atlasian Millitary shall send a division of Aircraft Carries to gurad the Taiwan strait.

Section 2: The Government of Atlasia shall increase funding to Taiwan by $600 million a month.

Section 3: The Atlasian Senate will be allowed to aide Pro-Democratic and Free China Operatives in Mainland China and Taiwan.

Section 4: Missle Technology will be allowed to be shared with Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.

Section 5 This will take effect February 1, 2005.

Therefore, Taiwan will be defended by the following measures.

I have insisted that the President strike the first section.  Though he said he would pass a bill without it, I am still submitting it for the approval of the Senate as I originally recieved it.

I'm not a senator but I'll comment.

1) Aircraft Carriers are not grouped by divissions as far as I know, so I'll assume you are talking about one or two.  This would be akin to the Chinese parking their new battle fleet off of San Fransico. Gross miscalculation.

2) Instead of cash we should send newer air defense missles and radar systems like the new Patriot PAC-3/4 system.

3)I like this section

4)What type of missle types are you suggesting. Patriot PAC-3/4s, the ABMs we are developing, hopefully not Minutemen Smiley

5) No problem

I'd also add a section 6

6) The Atlasia recognizes the right of the Republic of China to sovereign rule and representation in the United Nations.  It shall be the policy of Atlasia that the RoC should be defended against any attack.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 07:35:24 PM »

How about something like this?

Taiwan Protection Act

Be it enacted by the Atlasian Senate here assembled that:

previous Section 1 removed

Section 1: The Government of Atlasia shall increase funding to Taiwan by $60 million a month.

Section 2: The Atlasian Senate will be allowed to aide Pro-Democratic and Free China Operatives in Mainland China and Taiwan.

possibly strike this section for points raised by Gabu in the Midgard Chronicle thread, mostly overt support would antagonize the chinese more.

Section 3: The Patriot Advanced Capability-3 and its associated radar and support equipment will be allowed to be shared with Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.

Section 4 This will take effect February 1, 2005.

Therefore, Taiwan will be defended by the preceding measures.

My changes in bold.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies