AH.com
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AH.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: AH.com  (Read 7684 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »

Who on here posts there?

One distinctive thing about it is the admin (username: Ian the Admin). Pretty much the only thing he does is tell posters that they have received a banning (permanent or otherwise), while often insulting them in the process.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »

AH.com, all day every day.  Literally.

What's funny is how much more lenient this board is.  Half the people here would be banned in a flash on AH.com.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »

I used to post religiously, until I actually read Ian's post history. That man deserves to be in jail.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:17:14 PM »

I don't know why everyone seems to hate it. Anyway, yeah I'm there, got two timelines going on there.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...

Well, I agree that the site membership is mosty annoying teenagers, hence me more or less entirely avoiding the "Chat" sections.

Just to clarify, it's my characterisation of AH.com as "not bad" you're disagreeing with?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »

Well, I agree that the site membership is mosty annoying teenagers, hence me more or less entirely avoiding the "Chat" sections.

Just to clarify, it's my characterisation of AH.com as "not bad" you're disagreeing with?

Yes. It's not like the chat cancer hasn't spread to the rest of the site by this point.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Yeah, jmfcst, Sam, Phil, BRTD, opebo and maybe even Al and Joe would have been banned pretty quickly over there.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2012, 10:21:11 PM by Twilight Sparkle »

It's actually been a lot nicer since those "alpha" tards got banned.  All they used to do was troll around and make fun of anyone who wasn't like them.

I used to post religiously, until I actually read Ian's post history. That man deserves to be in jail.

What?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307195
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »

Yeah, jmfcst, Sam, Phil, BRTD, opebo and maybe even Al and Joe would have been banned pretty quickly over there.

jmfcst, Sam, BRTD, and opebo would be banned quickly.  Al seems like he'd take a little longer.  Not sure if Joe or Phil would be banned.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307811

Remember two things.
The Admin is the chief, the leader, and leaders need to, and always do, act at their best behaviour in front of their flock.

Secondly, people never say in public the worst of what they think about and imagine.

If this guy is willing to say these things, with his title, then he must be truly evil.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »

"Sorry-no match."
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:57 PM »

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/search.php?searchid=8307811

Remember two things.
The Admin is the chief, the leader, and leaders need to, and always do, act at their best behaviour in front of their flock.

Secondly, people never say in public the worst of what they think about and imagine.

If this guy is willing to say these things, with his title, then he must be truly evil.

Are you talking about the abortion thing?  Because your link doesn't link anywhere.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:49 PM »

I post there from to time, but by and large I largely lurk around reading timelines. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

I don't have an account, but I read the timelines there occasionally. A lot of them are basically bad fan-fiction, but there are occasionally really good ones, like one about Walt Disney becoming president in the 1950s and there was also a Jerry Brown elected president in 1976(?) timeline that was solid.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »

Example of things that get you banned.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
And the person who was banned for posting a picture of Andy Bernard from The Office.

I've seen "gangsters", even some of them on video beating people up. I've met people, in person, who have told me they want me to DIE, literally, and that they've killed before. I believed that person. I know politicians who want to ban BEING gay. Here at this forum, the actions of some moderators have given me nightmares of being shot in the back of the head.

But none of those people actually scare me.

This man scares me.
He actually frightens me.

He causes me be become afraid, just from READING his posts.

I am not a catholic because from what I've been told via sermon --- God Loves you and you must accept that and questioning that means that you will likely go to HELL forever and ever.

Likely.

If I ever questioned the admin publicly on this site, I'd be banned. I will likely be banned for this post, over here.

I've threatened to do various things if I was ever moderator, or admin, etc. I would be a hardass. harder than any moderator who's ever existed here. Harder than moderators and admins that have banned me from websites. Harder than anyone.

But I am human, and I accept that I can be, very very rarely, but I can be wrong.

I do not get the impression from this person.

"Ian" is evil. Truly truly evil. He is a bad person. And yet this is his public face. How evil is he in person? This man belongs in jail.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 11:45:16 PM »

Permabanned, for saying that Powell would have made a great PM... don't get me wrong, Powell was a racist idiot, but the fact that you can't even SAY that. I know the Internet is private property, but can't even SAY that? Imagine someone telling you that you can't say that on your front lawn and if you say it you GET BANNED FOREVER AND EVER.

Not only does he scare me, he pisses me off. He is the only person, the ONLY person, who I would ever assault if I met in person, and the only person that I'd be happy to go to jail over assaulting.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 11:47:56 PM »

wat
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »

Look, I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this "Ian" guy, or about this British Powell dude, bit you're advocating arresting someone for their beliefs. Just the way you're referring to him is kinda freakin' me out. Not sure who's actually freakin' me out, you or "Ian", but this is weird territory.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »

what the christ
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »

He would do the same if he could. And I never said he should be arrested, just that he should be in jail.

AH.com is the only website I ever loved but stopped posting on without either throwing a fit or being banned.

Go to the website and click his profile and look at his posts, especially what he bans people for. This goes back for years.

He literally banned someone for saying "I disagree". That is unacceptable. Period. and I'm done with this thread.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 12:15:13 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend