AH.com
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:07:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AH.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: AH.com  (Read 7687 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

You're scaring me, Teddy.

But Susano and AHP both managed to be banned, yet Krall is still there? How does that work??

It's only a matter of time until Thande is banned...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »

I stop over there from time to time but not to post. There are some good timelines but overall I'm not really into it.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

I do. Though I in many ways prefer the atmosphere here, and plus I can indulge myself with domestic politics, something I can't really do there.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »

I have an account there as well, also under Blackwater_NiK. I enjoy many of the timelines, though as of late I'm a lurker who turns up to post in the 2012 thread once in a while.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

I post from time to time, though much like here I'm constantly afraid of making a fool out of myself, so I only post if I feel I add to the conversation. As a result I have like 20 posts. Smiley

The admin does seem a tad abrasive, but oh well. His playpin, his rules. He reminds me  alot of the guy who runs little green footballs. Now if you want crazy...
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »

This is amusing; a list of all banned posters, and in some cases, they have their own page with the reasons for their banning:

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/offtopic/hall_of_infamy

And this article is relevent to this forum:

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/offtopic/straha
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 05:54:27 PM »

Yes, Straha was a blight upon both communities.  Though it was before my time.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00:21 AM »

It's only a matter of time until Thande is banned...
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »

Why what'd thande do?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

I think Fear Loathing and Gumbo on the Trail of '72 is amazing.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »

Nothing. It is just a joke on how easy it is to get banned there. He was never banned.

By the way, have any of you all seen the 2010 election thread? I wish we could do something similar on this board.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 07:42:27 AM »

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/offtopic/hashemite

Is this the same Hashemite?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »

I'm a member. Only read people's stuff though. I think I only have 2 posts. haha
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

I have several hundred posts there.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »

Yeah, it's me. I was admittedly pretty much a blowhard and a retard back then (who wrote stupid althists, worse even that gporter), as well as a naive troll, so part of it was my own fault and sockpuppeting for so long afterwards was a petty immature thing to do. But it was like in 05-06 or something, when I was young and supported Stephen Harper. But I do recall my original banning had something to do with a political opinion I had voiced which Ian the Fascist didn't appreciate.

Still, AH.com is pretty much a site filled with arrogant stuck-up people who are far less intelligent than they think and who put themselves and their little forum on a pedestal as some Mensa. I go back from time to time to steal the blank maps which they do pretty well, but I haven't read their timelines in years.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

Yeah, it's me. I was admittedly pretty much a blowhard and a retard back then (who wrote stupid althists, worse even that gporter), as well as a naive troll, so part of it was my own fault and sockpuppeting for so long afterwards was a petty immature thing to do. But it was like in 05-06 or something, when I was young and supported Stephen Harper. But I do recall my original banning had something to do with a political opinion I had voiced which Ian the Fascist didn't appreciate.

Still, AH.com is pretty much a site filled with arrogant stuck-up people who are far less intelligent than they think and who put themselves and their little forum on a pedestal as some Mensa. I go back from time to time to steal the blank maps which they do pretty well, but I haven't read their timelines in years.

Those stuck-up blowhards are mostly gone now.

Now it's full of bronies.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/offtopic/hashemite

Is this the same Hashemite?

Those stuck-up blowhards are mostly gone now.

Now it's full of bronies.

Bronies?  Btw I think that Ian is the main thing wrong with that site.  He's a fascist who came close to banning me for thread necromancy on my first post ever (when I still didn't know that there were dates according to posts, and I still don't think that it's a bad thing, especially a ban-worthy offense)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »

You should fix your post, broski.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:19 PM »

The Pony War there has been pretty amusing.
Lemon flavoured
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

I post there quite a lot (with this username). It's ok, and as has been said some of the TLs and stories are pretty awesome.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »

The halfway-decent members eventually migrate here.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »

As a member of both forums, this little "rage at AH.com" thread makes me laugh so hard my jaw hurts. I mean seriously, either side accusing the other of being "stuck-up" is absolutely hilarious. I would advise everybody involved to get over themselves. Ian's forum is Ian's forum, and though he's obviously biased and a bit tyrannical, he has good reasons to be so (would you want gigantic flame wars between pedantic history nerds over folks like Enoch Powell?). Plus, he's got about a decade of experience in being an Admin, so honestly I trust his judgement in most AH.com matters.

Still, I can see where the AH exiles are coming from. Ian does tend to rule with more of a fist of iron then most mods, and he is a bit paranoid in trying to prevent flame wars. Additionally, he tends to have more animosity towards religious folks (especially conservative religious folks) then the other members.

So I'd say the truth is somewhere in the middle (cue South Park), though I'm a bit more biased towards Ian's point of view, having witnessed a lot of AH.cpm flame wars that could have been prevented by an early ban or kick by a mod.

Again, I think both the exiles/Atlas regulars and the AH.commers are taking this way too seriously.

Side note, when are you going to update An Era of Limits, oakvale? It's one of the best Post-1900 timelines on the site!
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »

But I do recall my original banning had something to do with a political opinion I had voiced which Ian the Fascist didn't appreciate.

This was your last post on AH.com:

look sh**t, i dont give two cents about your philosophy of life you ass. you speak like a retarded psycho. and your philosohpy still does not explain why you lied.

But sure, your banning was political oppression.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »

But I do recall my original banning had something to do with a political opinion I had voiced which Ian the Fascist didn't appreciate.

look sh**t, i dont give two cents about your philosophy of life you ass. you speak like a retarded psycho. and your philosohpy still does not explain why you lied.

I never actually said that, because, if you had bothered being honest and quoting the rest of that post, I basically said that I deserved the ban(s) because I was a retarded douche back then. That being said, I had said something (stupid, admittedly) about supporting Israel in the 2006 invasion of Lebanon which Ian didn't like, and got pissed over it - I was like 14 back then or something and I was a blowhard - thus I got banned after throwing a little fit. The sockpuppet accounts were something a typical 14 year old banned from an internet forum would do. 

Thanks for being intellectually honest next time.
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

I never actually said that, because, if you had bothered being honest and quoting the rest of that post, I basically said that I deserved the ban(s) because I was a retarded douche back then. That being said, I had said something (stupid, admittedly) about supporting Israel in the 2006 invasion of Lebanon which Ian didn't like, and got pissed over it - I was like 14 back then or something and I was a blowhard - thus I got banned after throwing a little fit. The sockpuppet accounts were something a typical 14 year old banned from an internet forum would do. 

Thanks for being intellectually honest next time.

No, you don't get to qualify your legitimate banning with "I also said something political Ian didn't like.". You were banned for using personal insults and trolling. Period, end of statement.

Thanks for not using weasel words next time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies