AH.com (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:50:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AH.com (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AH.com  (Read 7806 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »

I'm a member and, indeed, found this place via there. I generally avoid the off-topic sections since they're full of unfunny in-jokes, people who post on TV Tropes and such, but otherwise it's not a bad site.

They have an idiotic time limit on how long you can edit posts, which irritates me greatly.

@Teddy - what kind of stuff are you talking about? Not disagreeing, I just can't remember reading any of the admin's posts.

Are you kidding me? The site is like, 80% teenage omega males and basically anyone remotely interesting (non-"liberal" or not) either got banned or left. I was on the old board and let me tell you: the decline since 2004 on is really, really sad to watch. I don't think it's that much to ask that people that comment about history actually have somewhat of a background in that but...

Well, I agree that the site membership is mosty annoying teenagers, hence me more or less entirely avoiding the "Chat" sections.

Just to clarify, it's my characterisation of AH.com as "not bad" you're disagreeing with?

Yes. It's not like the chat cancer hasn't spread to the rest of the site by this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies