AH.com (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AH.com (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AH.com  (Read 7783 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 13, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

I think Fear Loathing and Gumbo on the Trail of '72 is amazing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »

The poster "Caliboy1990" annoys me. Any DBWI thread regarding a Republican presidency, he ruins by coming in and says "What are you retards talking about"? and goes on to make up a whole bunch of problems that contradict all the previous posts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:15:09 AM »

Forgive the "necro" that would get me banned on AH.com, but I just read some of the political comments on that forum, and I appreciate this forum more than ever now. What a bunch of pretentious pricks. Hashemite was 100% right about them thinking it is a Mensa forum or something.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »

I post there (under the name Vosem), not particularly much, though I lurk a lot. There's a couple of timelines there I follow religiously -- Zhirinovsky's Empire is amazing; Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo '72 is amazing; Look to the West, in spite of its absolute doorstopper status (I really have no idea how you could start reading it), is also amazing and really great to get into. But, yeah, Ian tends to be of the belief that if you disagree you shouldn't be allowed to post. Which, predictably, results in a lot of people who might've written great Alt-Hist being scared away from the forum. But the genre will live on, sh**t happens. (I would really recommend you all go read one of the first two -- like, right now).
I love both timelines. Rumsfeldia/Gumbo is by far the best on that forum, and Zhirinovsky's Empire is a close second. I can't wait for Drew's next update on Rumsfeldia (which should be coming up soon).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »

I used to be rather active, but now the place has literally become a bunch of multi-colored lists, circle-jerk interactive timelines, and political chat with no dose of reality (WHEN THE REVOLUTION COMES, WE WILL ELECT ALISON GRIMES PRESIDENT!!!!111one1!) or substance. It's like RevLeft but even more functionally inept.
Careful, if Ian finds out you posted this, you will be banned.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies