Official NH Primary Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:26:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official NH Primary Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official NH Primary Results Thread  (Read 44436 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »

GINGRICH LEADING
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »

So at this point...who do we reckon is going to come in second?

We know who the winner will be.

Likely Paul, but Huntsman is not impossible. Huntsman would be far more interesting, as he is a credible candidate for president and not a cartoon character.

He's a credible candidate for president for the 1990s Democratic party. As a Republican? Not so much.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »

Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich are said to gain an advantage due to their positioning on the ballot.

People on the bottom and the top generally benefit the most
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bad sign for Huntsman. I was thinking he might dig into Paul's youth support from liberals and snatch a second place, but it looks like he's going to have to count on traditional red meat Republicans instead.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2012, 06:07:34 PM by ModernBourbon Democrat »

Fox says independents are going 30% Romney, 29% Paul

EDIT:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/287749/romney-paul-see-strong-turnout-derry-robert-costa
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »

Fox says independents are going 30% Romney, 29% Paul

I hate to sound like a Mitt fanboy, but that's first wave...a lot of people who work 9-5 + commute just started voting and they'll be solid Romney.  Paul should get 20% overall though if turnout is really 50% independents.

We'll see. Romney's almost certainly gonna win, but Paul could overperform with the independents. Meanwhile, from what I've seen coming out of New Hampshire, Huntsman ain't doin' so hot. Maybe it's because what I've been getting is mostly from the south and far north, but that's the impression. Thus, I'm going to officially call this and hope I'm right: Romney first, Paul second, Huntsman third.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »

I'd say it is too early yet to say it's good for Paul and bad for Huntsman. 30% Romney, 29% Paul and 27% Huntsman (is it that?) among independents are the only real numbers we've got, it seems. Huntsman doing as good among independents as Paul is, if anything, good for him. I don't think we have enough infor to predict, who'd be the second and who'd be the third.

It was also said that Paul is utterly crushing the opposition among the under 30 demographic, which I was expecting Huntsman to at least contest, and various on the ground sources are saying that Huntsman has little in the way of support.

I might be wrong for sure, maybe Huntsman is hiding supporters in his left pocket (or maybe in Cheshire), but the more I see the info coming in the more it looks like Huntsman ain't coming second.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

Two towns go early.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »

I am now projecting that Mitt Romney has won the New Hampshire primary.

Thanks, tips!
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »

Looking at the results, the counties, and the demographics:

-The Paul "College Town Kids" didn't show up in large numbers in college towns, which instead were owned by the "Rich Old Men" also found in college towns and went to Huntsman and Romney instead.

-However, Paul made up for it with the mountain men (in the north), the hobos (lower class, mostly in the area surrounding Concord explaining the small pockets in otherwise safe Romney territory, and the Paul green cutting a swath through Romney yellow in the northwest), the anarchists/weed smokers (the southwest area near Keene, Roxbury and Winchester for example), and the political Free Staters (helping around Concord).

-Huntsman, as I brilliantly predicted before the results started coming in, underperformed majorly. This can be explained by two things; first, his ground level support (both from his main campaign and his "grassroots") was basically nonexistent. From what I've heard, a lot of undecided folks were watching CNN (which, were you watching it throughout the day, was basically engaging in HUNTSMAN FANCLUB DAY) and were going to vote Huntsman, but then saw that he had no overt supporters and went to Romney/Paul instead. Also, Santorum had about a week of "SANTORUM SURGING" while Huntsman had a day or so.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

Santorum only down 46 votes with two precincts left to report.

What difference does it make? He isn't getting 10% and thus no delegates. I'd kinda prefer he beat out Gingrich if only to quiet the moronic talking heads who think he has any relevance left, but I seriously doubt "SANTORUM BEATS GINGRICH FOR FOURTH PLACE" is worth much of anything to him.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »

Santorum only down 46 votes with two precincts left to report.

What difference does it make? He isn't getting 10% and thus no delegates. I'd kinda prefer he beat out Gingrich if only to quiet the moronic talking heads who think he has any relevance left, but I seriously doubt "SANTORUM BEATS GINGRICH FOR FOURTH PLACE" is worth much of anything to him.

Just stating it for the record, dude. Another contest where Santorum is within a handful of votes of his closest opponent.

And in other news, Vermin Supreme ended up with a higher percentage of the Democratic vote than Rick Perry did the Republican vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies