name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:13:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: name an overrated "hot" woman you don't find that attractive  (Read 19364 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 19, 2012, 01:51:12 AM »

'Hotness' as a category is what's overrated.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »

Lady Gaga is the classic ugly hooknosed New Yorker that you see far too much around these parts.  At least Madonna was halfway decent looking in her day, and had some talent.

She's infinitely more talented than Madonna.

One can never be as good as the original when the only thing you know how to do is be an imitation.

Lady Gaga has a better vocal range and singing voice than Madonna and is a better instrumentalist. Content is of course subjective but form-wise she is considerably more talented.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:01 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 12:28:05 AM by Nathan »

Lady Gaga is the classic ugly hooknosed New Yorker that you see far too much around these parts.  At least Madonna was halfway decent looking in her day, and had some talent.

She's infinitely more talented than Madonna.

One can never be as good as the original when the only thing you know how to do is be an imitation.

Lady Gaga has a better vocal range and singing voice than Madonna and is a better instrumentalist. Content is of course subjective but form-wise she is considerably more talented.

And to think I was beginning to like you lately..

Content-wise I think both suck, with a few exceptions. Then again, my musical tastes have been over the past few years going over a cliff into, shall we say, hipstertypal tendencies.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:34 AM »

Would it help if I said that Like a Virgin was genuinely groundbreaking?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 01:08:46 AM by Nathan »

Would it help if I said that Like a Virgin was genuinely groundbreaking?

It helps, yes.

I'm not generally immensely fond of heavily synthesized music. The exceptions tend to be somewhat dark stylistically. I have absolutely nothing personally or uniquely against either woman.

I take back saying that Lady Gaga's voice was better than Madonna's. General 'quality' of a voice is entirely subjective and in this case I'm not terribly enamored with either. It does seem like she has a broader vocal range but that might be a misapprehension on my part.

What are our thoughts on Christina Hendricks? I find her much more attractive than many of the 'sex symbols' who are thrown at me through our culture but she's still not terribly appealing to me.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:29:57 AM »

I didn't know anybody actually liked Kim Kardashian. I thought she was famous because of some sort of horrible twisted Gift of the Magi thing where everybody thought that everybody else thought she was hot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies