Which part of SC will Romney and Gingrich do well in? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:14:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which part of SC will Romney and Gingrich do well in? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which part of SC will Romney and Gingrich do well in?  (Read 1037 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: January 20, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »

Strangely enough, Paul's strongest area according to PPP was upstate.

Paul's been doing well with working-class and low-income voters, which I assume describes upstate.

THE COMMON WORKING MAN SUPPORTS RON PAUL

more seriously, his base this time around is a bit different. Besides his default support bases (the youth, indies, anti-war, etc) he benefits somewhat from gun voters, survivalists, and people from more rural areas (as was the case in New Hampshire, where he actually won Coos but performed worst in Rockingham). He's been pushing his religious cred, and its working to some degree.

Also, this is somewhat off topic, but has anyone noticed that according to CNN Paul gets 15% of the national primary, but 19% in the "South"? I can't think of any southern state that Paul does better than average in that would boost his numbers like that (Kentucky maybe, Louisiana if they were able to predict turnout I guess).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies