I just signed up to have Mormon missionaries visit me at home (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:58:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just signed up to have Mormon missionaries visit me at home (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just signed up to have Mormon missionaries visit me at home  (Read 11294 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: January 21, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »

I would never allow a Mormon to step foot in my home. You're a braver man than I, Tweed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »

I would never allow a Mormon to step foot in my home. You're a braver man than I, Tweed.

Aren't you supposedly supporting one for President now?

Doesn't mean I would let him step foot in my house, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

Same as with the Black man he supported for President four years ago, so I would suppose so. Evil

Let me clarify.  I would let him step into my home on Presidential/cordial terms, not as a Mormon trying to convert me.  The moment he starts trying to convert me, I would show him the door.

I would enjoy having President Obama in my home, because there is at least a chance he is a Christian, nobody knows for sure.  Romney is definitely not a Christian, he's a Mormon (I'm not going to get into the differences at this time).

My vote for President Romney is not about his religious beliefs, because I think he will keep them separate from public policy.  My vote for Romney is about Obama wanting to cut the military.  That turned me off real fast.  I still would not be too disappointed if Obama wins in 9 months, because he's done several pretty good things in his first term.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »

One of the reasons I am supporting Mitt Romney, even though he's a Mormon and not a Christian is that Mormonism is very family-oriented, one thing I do have to give them a whole heck of a lot of credit for.  They are probably more family-oriented than evangelical Christians, sad to say, but true.  I know Barack Obama has a real sense of family, and has been commended for such by Gov. Mitch Daniels in the SOTU Republican Response.  Governor Romney shares more of the values I agree with on the major issues.  We don't see eye-to-eye on everything, but he's the closest one to my views.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies