Would you Support a "Draft Mitch Daniels" Campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:01:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Would you Support a "Draft Mitch Daniels" Campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you?
Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Yes (D)

No (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Would you Support a "Draft Mitch Daniels" Campaign?  (Read 6267 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: January 23, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »

He was my #2, and would be miles ahead of our current pack of incompetents. Why not?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »

A good governor and would be a great candidate. I just don't think he'll jump in due to his personal baggage (or rather, his wife's).

I personally don't get it. He remarried his wife, after he had made some wealth. Is the idea is that  he was had and thus is weak-willed or something?

name one reason the jmfcsts would support Mr. Mitch "Let's-Surrender-The-Cultural-War" Daniels?!

You can't fight a culture war if the economy sucks.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »

name one reason the jmfcsts would support Mr. Mitch "Let's-Surrender-The-Cultural-War" Daniels?!

You can't fight a culture war if the economy sucks.

since when is the absence of truth an ingredient to economic prosperity?  the mere fact that Daniels somehow doesn't think we can rebuild the economy while speaking truth proves he is not fit to lead.

When has any POTUS ever advocated openly lying to each other in order to improve the economy?!

How has he lied? He just called for putting social issues aside while dealing with the more pressing issue of the economy.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »

A good governor and would be a great candidate. I just don't think he'll jump in due to his personal baggage (or rather, his wife's).

I personally don't get it. He remarried his wife, after he had made some wealth. Is the idea is that  he was had and thus is weak-willed or something?

His wife left him, very quickly remarried, and then came back to him. The family is very private about this period. There'd likely be a lot of questions about it if he was to run.

I don't see the issue. And yet we're willing to give Gingrich a pass? Come on.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »

You know, I just "got" your signature.

In any case, I don't think Daniel's would need charisma. The election, with the right candidate, will be a referendum on Obama, as re-elections should be.

However I feel like Daniels wouldn't have done much better than Huntsman or Pawlenty- however things are different at this stage.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »

I'm flattered. However, not everyone likes chicken. Everyone likes cookies, though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

I really hope he does well. Otherwise it's on to Jeb Bush, but alas, his name is Bush. Then we go to Christie, but he's too new, and too fat. Then what?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies