Popular Liberty Party (PLP) - HAEV You Heard The News? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:57:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Popular Liberty Party (PLP) - HAEV You Heard The News? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Popular Liberty Party (PLP) - HAEV You Heard The News?  (Read 11992 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: January 30, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »

The ZuWo/Jbrase ticket would be thrilled to receive an endorsement from the IFP. If you've got any questions about our stances on the issues, don't hesitate to ask.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:36:19 AM »

The ZuWo/Jbrase ticket would be thrilled to receive an endorsement from the IFP. If you've got any questions about our stances on the issues, don't hesitate to ask.

As President, how do you plan to protect Individual Freedom, as that is the number one goal of the party? Smiley

As you may know, my and Jbrase's number one priority is lowering the tax burden for all Atlasians and reducing regulation for businesses wherever it makes sense to do so. By pursuing these goals, we can contribute to more financial freedom for every Atlasian citizen and Atlasian businesses.

Additionally, we stand for regional rights and will not support legislation that restricts the freedom of the regions of Atlasia by forcing them to adopt federal law on issues which can easily be dealt with on the regional level.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 05:04:24 PM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

As President, how do you plan to protect Individual Freedom, as that is the number one goal of the party? Smiley

As you may know, my and Jbrase's number one priority is lowering the tax burden for all Atlasians and reducing regulation for businesses wherever it makes sense to do so. By pursuing these goals, we can contribute to more financial freedom for every Atlasian citizen and Atlasian businesses.

Additionally, we stand for regional rights and will not support legislation that restricts the freedom of the regions of Atlasia by forcing them to adopt federal law on issues which can easily be dealt with on the regional level.

Does this mean you would veto a bill that bans abortion or gay marriage nationwide if one ever came to your desk?

Since the Senate is overwhelmingly socially liberal, this is a highly hypothetical question. Or to put it more bluntly: It will never happen.

Nevertheless, I do my best to give an accurate answer.

In both cases, I would first consult the Vice President as well as other close allies. I would then probably sign the bill that bans abortion. Since abortion is, in my view, the taking of a human life, I'd consider this an appropriate decision. The protection of human life - be it in the case of abortion or the death penalty - should not be a regional issue but a matter that concerns the entire country.

However, gay marriage is an issue that can be dealt with on the regional level and as President I would like this issue to be taken care of by the individual regions. If the South, for example, would like to ban gay marriage I say go ahead. If the Pacific, on the other hand, would like to extend the rights of gays (if that's still possible in Atlasia) I say the same. This is an issue which, as I said, should be handled by the regions, and I would not approve of a bill that mandates a decision by the federal government.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »

Even though I am not a Northeasterner and therefore not affected by this bill, I wish you luck in your opposition to this piece of legislation. It seems over the top to me; I agree with you that Governors should not do the job of the legislative branch and I'm of the opinion that Speakers should only guide parliamentary debates, but nothing more. They certainly shouldn't influence debates by deciding what piece of legislation should be introduced at what point and even have the option to prevent certain bills from being debated at all. Indeed, the changes this bill intends to make seem especially problematic if the Governor and the Speaker are from the same party. That's not to say I think your Governor or Speaker will actually use these new options in a negatively partisan way, but the mere fact that the bill makes that theoretically possible would make me feel uneasy if I was a Northeasterner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies