2016 Election Game - Sign Up & Rules (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Sign Up & Rules (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Sign Up & Rules  (Read 27614 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »

I will be Rand Paul, or my favorite son, Allen West. I want to be Paul more though. Speaking of Paul, I think Rand is more likely to be VP compared to Ron, so maybe that should be changed Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

I will be Rand Paul, or my favorite son, Allen West. I want to be Paul more though. Speaking of Paul, I think Rand is more likely to be VP compared to Ron, so maybe that should be changed Wink

Haha, I'm not going to change it but which one do you want? (Although interesting of Gingrich picking Rand...)
Well, if Rand were VP instead of Ron, it would make him more desirable for me? I still contend that Rand is more viable for VP in contrast to Ron. Its your game, and it does not make much of a differance. Since I like a challenge, I will be Allen West, my Congressman.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

Thinking of playing... Maybe I could be Senator Pete Howkstra of Michigan. I'd like to look into an independent first though. Any ideas for an independent?
Maybe that Google guy could give it a shot.

I would be Duncan Hunter but he would not run against Allen West so I will sign up for Rick Santorum... may need to get some info on how to do this first

I would suggest Chuck Hagel, but he is rather dovish on some issues.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »

July 5th, 2015, steps of the War Memorial Auditoriam, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Hello and "shalom". Today, we come together as citizens, concerned about the direction of this country. In Washington, the balance of power has been incredibly unstable. The progress made by Conservatives across the country in 2010 was totally erased in just two years. Last year, we were forced to go back to the starting line.

In the White House, we have a historically incompetent leader, who bows to foreign leaders, and views America as just another nation. We have a President who, in the course of just eight years, has radically transformed America. We have a President who has continually put the security of the nation, and our allies in jeopardy for the sake of politics.

In the Middle East, Iran is now picking fights with India. Who are we to guess that they would not harm Israel, a nation that has time and time again faced off against a determined and dangerous enemy. It is radical Islam. It is time we recognize and confront this foe, not cower in fear as this administration has done.

That is why I stand before you today. I have been under fire before. I have seen war first hand. We cannot allow four more years of this administration’s policy. The economy, after nearly ten years, is still stagnate. I have been in Congress for six years, and I am convinced we have the right policies to fix this mess. What we don’t have is the proper President to fix this mess. And that’s why I am here. Today, I am announcing my campaign for the Presidency of the United States of America!

*This is a flashback*
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »

Not yet! By bio, I just meant what your character has been doing since...right now IRL. PM it to me.
I know, I just had to post it though before I forgot. Thats your run of the mill West speech Wink I will repost it in the game thread.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »

I'd like to sign up... but as who or what?
Perhaps your old guy.....Huntsman! Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

I always wanted to try one of these, but the field's quite crowded now. I'll sit this one out.
No, no, please join! The more the merrier Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »

I always wanted to try one of these, but the field's quite crowded now. I'll sit this one out.
No, no, please join! The more the merrier Smiley

Who should I play as? Is there any sort of ideological void that needs filling?
A Joe Manchin Democrat or a "old guard" Republican (and by 2016, that could be Palin, Jeb Bush, Condi Rice, etc) could fit in well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »

I take it Hagelw on't be in the polls until the nominees are chosen so do I sit out until then?
You can campaign in the key states, and build a base until then. You can also work on building your own party if you wanted to Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies