2016 Election Game - Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:07:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73099 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

Reserve non-in character commentary to the Sign Up/Rules thread. Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »

On September 16th, Brian Sandoval spoke to a group of around 250 college students at Drake University regarding Cap and Trade, partly in response to the announcement that President Obama will be pushing the passage of a Cap and Trade bill sponsored by Senator Elizabeth Warren.

During the Obama administration, we have seen energy and environmental policies that have only damaged our economy. The President has fought hard to limit exploration and restrict development. His programs have hurt our economic performance but curtailing growth and killing jobs.

Now, Obama's at it again, supported a Cap and Trade bill that will only further hinder our nation's economy by killing more jobs. Mr. President, we've had enough of your job-killing policies! Enough is enough!

Under a Sandoval administration, you will see a clear, concise plan to drastically decrease our dependence of foreign oil. Drill, Baby, Drill! We also have to look to new energy solutions, though, and must invest in alternate energy sources, such as wind, solar, and hydroelectric.

America needs a sound, economic policy. We don't need another President who will wage a war on coal and oil, throwing billions of dollars out there in research. Obama has killed pipelines. In terms of energy, the biggest winner from the Obama Administration's policy is China, as they're repeating the benefits of our President's unwise decisions.

It's time for a President that will stand strong on energy, a President who can use our resources to create jobs, while not placing crippling effects on our economy. I can, and I will be that leader! Thank you, and God Bless!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »

Ryan Campaign in Iowa
September 14 - Meeting with veterans in Iowa City
September 15 - Speech in the Iowa State University
September 16 - Townhall in Des Moines and Sioux City
September 17 - Rally in Cedar Rapids
September 18 - Rally in Marion
September 19 - Townhall in Waterloo, then Davenport
September 20 - Fundraiser in Sioux City
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »

At a town hall in Charleston, McCaskill took a question on campaign finance reform.

"One of the worst recent decisions in modern history by our Supreme Court was the Citizens United case. It fundamentally opened the door for unrestricted, anonymous donations to monstrous Super PAC, particularly used by the current Republican candidates.

As president, I would continue the appointment of justices who would be opposed to this corporatization of democracy. I also endorse the proposed constitutional amendment which would give Congress the power to restrict campaign donations. When 99% of Americans don't have a lobbyist, I refuse to accept lobbyist or PAC money for this campaign and encourage my opponents to do the same."

(I'm playing her as a socially moderate, economically populist Midwesterner)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 05:10:07 PM by Simfan34 »

On the 17th, Jon Huntsman addressed concerns about his support for cap-and-trade policies.

"Yes, I have supported cap and trade proposals in the past. We must consider that in context. Both the Reagan and Bush administrations supported cap-and-trade proposals, and President George H.W. Bush put forth the Acid Rain Program. It was in our 2008 platform. I still believe that emissions trading is a valid proposal in certain economic conditions. However, we most certainly are not meeting those conditions. The economy, after eight years, has failed to fully recover. Industrial output is stagnant.

It is exceedingly important to bring emissions into control. That's why I brought Utah into the Western Climate Initiative, and I consider it unfortunate that we're no longer part of the Imitative. However instituting cap-and-trade right now, especially with this fatally flawed plan proposed in Congress, would be akin to telling a drowning man to stop trying to get out of the water because he's hitting your nose. When he's out of the water, then you can tell him to stop waving his hands- but not before. It's the same with our economy and emissions trading.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »

Allen West visits an American Legion Post in Ames.

Thank you for your service to this country, and thank you for coming today. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with me, my name is Allen West; I am a 3 term Republican Congressman and military veteran. I have been married for 25 years, with two daughters, and I am running for President so this country can be better off for my kids, and hopefully in a few years, grandkids.

The current administration has been a constant let down for eight years in a row. I came to Congress in 2010 with the Tea Party, and I held on by the hair of a hair against the Obama machine in 2012 to retain my seat in Congress. I was reelected last time around again, and I don't think I will be going back to Florida 22, 'cause I have another destination in mind! (Applause).

We have a President right now who is afraid to speak up or stand up for America, and whose policies have endangered Israel. We cannot stand back and watch Iran, we need to take action. They got rid of their WMDs, but now, they provoke India.

The economy has been stagnating for ten years with Obama's policies. Do we really want more of it? We need bold, serious leadership, and I believe I am the one to provide it! Thank you all, God Bless you and your families, and God Bless America!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »

Christie Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

14: Townhall in Concord, NH, Rally on UNH Campus
15: Townhall in Nashua, NH, Townhall in Ceder Rapids, IA
16: Townhall in Des Moines, IA, Sphagetti Dinner in Des Moines, IA
17: Townhall in Waterloo, IA, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
18: Townhall in Portsmouth, NH, Lunch with Veterans in Hampton, NH, Townhall in Kingston, NH
19: Townhall in Rochester, NH, Rally in Manchester, NH, Townhall in Sioux City, IA
20: Rally in Miami, FL, Townhall in Miami, FL, Apperance on World News Tonight
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »

Donald Trump's Speech in  Pittsburgh, PA:

"It seems we are going to have to prove our movement because we are being ignoring and a lot of people are laughing at us for the most part. If your not a Democrat or Republican you do not matter in the eyes of most people, and that is just sad. They refuse to look at the issues that matter: Our country needs it's internal features and structures fixed, the mills that were once a fixture of this grand city are not what they used to be, the tax system is flawed and against the average citizen,  and we are letting an egomaniacal third world country run over us.

All this needs to be stopped and fixed as soon as possible. I propose a works policy that fixes the internal structures financed by increased taxes on the upper classes, I want to bring new companies to the old mill structures by negotiating what is fair and right for you the workers. I want to lower the taxes for the folks who cannot afford to pay, and increase them for those who do, and I want an America that is strong when up against our rivals who intend to harm us. I really want to accomplish these promises but I need your help to promote my message. Do whatever you can to get more people on our side, because I want the Reform party to be an echo and not just a small voice on the grand scale of American Politics. And with your help we can do anything!

Thank you all very much for having me!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »

Note: Donald Trump and Chuck Hagel don't need to be as active right now but I will reward them with better favorability and polling in the general if they are active.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 14 - Sept. 20, 2015)

Monday, September 14th (Nevada, Arizona)

• 9:00 AM Meeting with Hispanic Business Leaders to Discuss Guest-Worker programs - Las Vegas, NV
  • 11:00 AM Town Hall on the Dream Act at Desert Pines High School - Las Vegas, NV
  • 1:00 PM Fundraising Lunch at the Four Seasons - Las Vegas, NV
  • 4:00 PM Speech on "Removing College's Financial Disincentives" at the University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
  • 7:00 PM Dinner and Fundraiser with Arizona League of Conservation Voters - Tanque Verde Ranch, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, September 15th (New Mexico, Texas)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast with officers and men of the 150th Fighter Wing - Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM
  • 9:30 AM Tour of Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque, NM
  • 11:00 AM Speech on "Leading the Future" at Alvarado Transportation Center - Albuquerque, NM
  • 2:00 PM Speech on the "Moral Imperative of the Dream Act" - University of Texas, El Paso, TX
  • 4:30 PM Meeting with business leaders - Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, San Antonio, TX
  • 8:00 PM Fundraising dinner at the home of Russell and Dorothy Budd - Highland Park, TX

Wednesday, September 16th (New York)

• 12:00 PM Fundraising lunch at Waldorf-Astoria Hotel - NY, NY
  • 5:30 PM Recording of the Late Show with David Letterman - NY, NY

Thursday, September 17th (Iowa)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Hamburg Inn, Iowa City, IA
  • 11:00 AM Rally at Iowa State Capitol - Des Moines, IA
  • 1:30 PM Town Hall meeting on education - Council Bluffs, IA
  • 3:00 PM Tour of Tyson Meat Processing Plant - Sioux City, IA
  • 5:00 PM Speech on "Leading the Future" - Sergeant Floyd Monument, Sioux City, IA
  • 8:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with business leaders - Cedar Rapids, IA

Friday, September 18th (Iowa)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Parlor City Pub and Eatery, Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 9:30 AM Speech on "Honoring Servicemen and Military Spending" - Veterans Memorial Building, Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 12:30 PM Town Hall meeting on education reform - Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Dubuque, IA
  • 2:00 PM Speech on "Protection and Innovation - An Environmental and Business Partnership" - Grand River Center, Dubuque, IA
  • 4:00 PM Town Hall and Potluck Dinner - Maynard Elementary School, West Union, IA
  • 6:30 PM Interview on KWWL Channel 7 - Waterloo, IA
  • 7:30 PM Small Donor Fundraiser - Brown Bottle Restaurant, Waterloo, IA

Saturday, September 19th (Iowa)

• 7:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Coffee Attic, Iowa Falls, IA
  • 9:00 AM Speech on "Readying our Military for the Challenges of the 21st Century" - American Legion Post #188, Iowa Falls, IA
  • 11:00 AM Rally at Franklin County Courthouse - Hampton, IA
  • 12:30 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Mother's Place family restaurant, Latimer, IA
  • 2:00 PM Town Hall on Cap and Trade - Humboldt High School, Humboldt, IA
  • 4:00 PM Rally at Crawford County Courthouse - Denison, IA
  • 6:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Ruby's Pub, Stuart, IA
  • 8:30 PM Interviews with WOI-TV channel 5, KCCI channel 8, WHO-TV channel 13, and KDSM-TV channel 17 - Des Moines, IA
  • 10:00 PM Sit-down interview in hotel suite with The Des Moines Register - Des Moines, Iowa

Sunday, September 20 (Iowa and New Hampshire)
  • 8:30 AM Mass at Saint Ambrose Cathedral - Des Moines, IA
  • 10:00 AM Grand Opening of Iowa Campaign Office - Des Moines, IA
  • 2:00 PM Rally at New Hampshire State House - Concord, NH
  • 3:30 PM Round-table discussion with business leaders of the New England Chamber of Commerce - Centennial Hotel, Concord, NH
  • 6:00 PM Town Hall on marriage equality - Manchester Central High School, Manchester, NH
  • 8:30 PM Fundraiser and private dinner for bundlers - Bedford Village Inn, Bedford, NH
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

At a Town Hall at a Nevada high school where 64% of students are on reduced lunch, Sen. Gillibrand addressed the importance of the Dream Act:

"The Dream Act is a moral imperative. The young people that have come and are living in this country - including many here in the great state of Nevada - through no fault of their own, want nothing more than the opportunity to achieve the American Dream. Either through military service, or through education, these young people want to be part of this great American community. They want to give back to this community! In this country, which was founded on immigrants - Italian, Irish, Indian, Hispanic - the richness of our heritage, our culture, and the strength of our economy depends on the vitality of our immigrants.

We want to make sure that every one of these young people can become American citizens so join me here today - in a state that is known for its rich ethnic and racial diversity - in making a commitment to passing this bill. As president, I will not rest until this legislation reaches my desk because I know that this great nation will remain great only if it invests in its young people and lives up to it pluralistic heritage."

While in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sen. Gillibrand spoke at the Alvarado Transportation Center on the importance of LEADING, rather than awaiting, the future:

"Albuquerque has come to epitomize the emergence of the American Southwest as one of the most important economic regions in this great nation. This passenger hub - which connects Los Angeles to Chicago and El Paso - alone handles more than 100,000 passengers and counting on Amtrak every year.

We can expand these systems by investing in high speed clean rail and ensuring that private companies that want to take advantage of these track networks are able to do so by ensuring that the infrastructure that supports them isn't falling apart. I recently sat down with the CEO of Union Pacific - the largest railroad network in the United States - and he agrees with me that the government can play a role in facilitating the expansion of his operations. He, like me, believes that rail is fast becoming the cheaper option for domestic freight operations in this country and that, if we want to continue the economic expansion the West so desperately craves, we should ensure that the railways remain our pride and glory.

I call this "Leading the Future" - our new campaign motto - because I don't think that America is a country that has merely sat on the train-ride of history watching the future slowly turning into the past. As Americans, we have always LEAD. We can and will shape our future so that we leave our children the country we mold rather than the one we are served.  

While taking part in a town hall meeting in Humboldt, Iowa, Sen. Gillibrand was asked by Lou Stanson a question about her support for the Cap and Trade bill that President Obama seeks to pass through Congress. She answered:

"I think we should start understanding Cap and Trade for what it is. As I spoke about yesterday in a speech in Dubuque, cap-and-trade is a partnership between business and the environmental community. Businesses that emit more will buy emissions credits to those who pollute less. In other words, Northwest Industrial Park here in Humboldt would be able to sell any credits to a factory in Michigan who needs more emissions credits. This means more money to a local business and more money to everyday Americans like you, Lou.

Cap-and-Trade is meant as a way that we can take control of the emissions we are creating, rather than standing idly by. While not perfect, the bill seeks to correct market inefficiencies. In such a way we can be pro-active rather than re-active to carbon and pollutant emissions and find yet another way to LEAD rather than to follow. Our campaign is all about Leading the Future and that's why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of the Senate version of cap-and-trade so that we can lead in the fight against pollution."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for September 14-20, 2015

September 14th: Durham, New Hampshire - Speaking Engagement at the University of New Hampshire

"I've heard from lots of young people that it's getting harder and harder to get an education. Tuition is going up, and financial aid is harder to come by. That's why, in New York, I have worked tirelessly to increase financial aid opportunities. And with your help, and the help of young people like you around the country, I'm hoping to head to Washington, DC and do the same thing there!"

Septmber 15th: Concord, New Hampshire - Meet and Greet/Fundraiser at the Barley House Restaurant

"It's great to be here in the Liberty State. I've always admired New Hampshire, and their tireless dedication to individual freedom. That's why I made the fight for marriage equality a core part of my first term."

September 16th: New York, New York - Large-scale fundraiser at Sheraton Towers Hotel in Midtown

"I know we've got some big money in the room here tonight. I've always believed that we can't grow the economy if we treat the wealthy as our enemy. As President, I will work to create a fairer tax system, without punitive taxes on success, but also without the loopholes that allow corporations to escape paying a fair share. And there is no bigger priority than bringing jobs back to the US. So one of my first priorities will be to provide increased incentives for those corporations that employ Americans!" 

September 17th: Iowa City, Iowa - Speaking engagement at the University of Iowa

"Wow! Look at this crowd here today! It's almost 8 years ago that a group of young people just like you helped make a Senator from Illinois the next President. And with your help, we can make lightning strike twice!"

September 18th: Detroit, Michigan - Campaign rally at General Motors plant

"One of this administration's greatest accomplishments has been the way they refused to let America's proud Auto industry die. President Obama fought for the city of Detroit, and I will keep that fight up! If you send me to Washington, I will make bringing jobs back to Detroit - and all of this nation's manufacturing capitals - my top priority!"

September 19th: Las Vegas, Nevada - Speaking Engagement at Latin Chamber of Commerce

"There is need for a new dialogue in this country on Immigration Reform. The system we have simply isn't working. We're not going to deport 11 million men, women, and children. That kind of rhetoric simply isn't helpful! But neither are those who dig in their heels and refuse to accept anything but a perfect solution. As President, I will work to create a probationary path to citizenship for those undocumented immigrants who have abided by our laws since their arrival."

September 20th: Appearance on Fox News Sunday

"I'm sure a lot of my fellow Democrats are wondering why I would pick Fox News for the first interview of my campaign. It's because I don't just want to reach Democrats. One of the best parts of being Governor of New York has been reaching across the aisle, and finding common ground with Republicans. And that's what I want to do here today. I know there's a lot of Americans, both Democrat and Republican, who are frustrated out there. I'm hoping to offer real solutions, not partisan politics. And if that sounds good to you, we'd love to have your help - no matter what your party affiliation is."

Having made stops in New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada, and Michigan in their first week, the Cuomo campaign gears up for a trip down south in week two...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Chuck Hagel Schedule: September 14-20

9/14- Face the Nation Interview
9/15- Fox and Friends Interview, Speech and Q&A at The Citadel Military Academy, South Carolina
9/16- The View Interview, Speech to American Legion Post 286, Orlando, FL, Foreign Policy Speech at University of Central Florida
9/17- Speech to The Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA, Social Issues, Local TV Interviews
9/18- Opening of National Campaign Headquarters, Omaha, Nebraska
9/19- Speech at Woodmen of the World HQ, Omaha, Nebraska- Economic Policy, Wolf Blitzer Interview
9/20- Rest

Excerpts

The Citadel Speech
"It is a sad that today, many of our nations leaders never served in uniform. You look at men like Governor Christie or Governor Cuomo- good leaders both- neither took the time to serve in the military. I learned how to be a leader in Vietnam like John McCain did, like John Kerry Did. Look at Bob Dole, at George HW Bush, at Ford and Nixon and Kennedy... what has happened to our leaders that they choose not to serve..."

Commonwealth Club Speech
"I will run this campaign to inspire, not to divide. I will not run a campaign based upon prejudice against gays and lesbians, or a campaign against science, I will run a campaign for a strong, united America."

Woodmen of the World Speech
"The problem with our economy is gridlock. When you have two sides unwilling to meet halfway, unwilling to compromise, and unwilling to tackle the hard problems. This is Washington at its worst, and our grandchildren's grandchildren will feel the affects of it."

Face the Nation Interview
Schieffer- "You have criticized Governor Christie for being 'unpresidential'...can you explain?"
Hagel- "Sure...I like Chris Christie. He shoots from the hip. But "Get the hell of the beach" and screaming into a microphone at a constituent doesn't work in international negotiations.  He is simply not a statesman. I agree with him on many issues and I admire his bluntness, but he needs to grow up before we send him as our chief diplomat to secure world peace."

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:50 PM »

At a stop in Reno, Nevada, McCaskill pushed her support for labor while slamming several Republicans and a Democratic competitor.

"The union is one of the most important institutions in modern America. Even while private sector unions aren't what they used to be thanks to outsourcing, they remain a major force to be reckoned with in protecting the middle class.

The Republicans have decided to support business interests by supporting union-busting tactics like attacking collective bargaining rights and supporting so-called "right to work laws". These would permit employees to collect union benefits while not putting in their fair share into the union. Thankfully, we've stopped some of the worst offenders by electing Democratic governors in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Florida.

Meanwhile, Governor Cuomo has done many of the same things. When he cut the budget, he took from anti-poverty programs and took on unions before slashing into corporate benefits or making the tax on the wealthiest New Yorkers pay their fair share. In fact, he seems a bit too much like the former governor on the other side of the Hudson."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

Excerpt from Christie's speech in Concord, NH:

"...We're tired of the failed politics and the failed policies of the past eight years. Together we will forge a new beginning, not just for our party, but for the American people. That is what this election is about. A return to capitalism, a return to free market principles. A return to the Constitution. I believe in that document, the document which is the law of the land. Let's take her back America, let's take this country back!"

Later in the day, at a rally on the UNH campus in Durham, NH Chris Christie attacked the Democratic frontrunner as well as some of his opponents.

"...the Democrats will nominate the run of the mill liberal, big government fan in Andrew Cuomo. Let me tell you something, another Barack Obama cannot be our future, and I'll tell you this: If we nominate another extreme candidate from our party we're going to find ourselves looking down the barrel of another four years of Democratic policies, Democratic leadership and Democratic failure. Let's have a new choice. Let's have a new beginning."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2012, 06:22:52 PM by PRAYIN' FOR A ROMNEYCANE? »

Excepts from Senator Huntsman's comments at the American Industry in the 21st Century: Challenges and Competition roundtable.

On infrastructure:

"We are not going to have any chance to compete if we continue to have the kind of infrastructure we have today; and it's not just bridges and the like, it's on a more fundamental level, extending to things such as fiber-optic connections... the water supply, the power grid. The United States is preforming abysmally across the board in regards to infrastructure. We also see a lack of desire in both parties for the kind of investment necessary to bring our infrastructure up to par. 

The Republican Party is wary of the kinds of sustained federal investment that an 'infrastructural upgrade', if you want to call it that, would involve. And for the Democrats, who speak much of improving infrastructure, building high speed rail, and the like, infrastructure spending is largely a Keynesian method of stimulus and employment. There isn't, in either party, a desire to build infrastructure for infrastructure's sake. That is unfortunate. We've heard time and time again from business leaders that we must improve our infrastructure. Why aren't we taking action?

I think we must; simply, if we do not we have no chance. We need an National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank, which the President has spoken much of yet we do not still have. Such a bank would allow the private sector to make investments in infrastructure, which they- and I- deeply desire. We hear of liberals complaining that the private sector is not reinvesting their profits- well, we need to give them things to invest in! We need a sustained effort, ranging from our highways to our dams, power plants, airports, border facilities, the connectivity of the electric grid, and even high-speed rail. We need to build the Tres Amigas SuperStation. Indeed, Kenya announced last week that it would build a high speed rail line from Nairobi to Mombasa, on the coast, with speeds up to 200 miles per hour. Meanwhile, Acela averages 70 miles per hour. We see jobs leaving this country, and it's not because of wages, it's because we live in a world where African countries have better infrastructure than the United States of America. "

On renewable energy:

"I support the development of renewable energies. This is yet another field we've fallen in, and rapidly. Up until 2011, we were the world's largest producer of wind energy. Now China has more than double our capacity. They've surged ahead of us in solar panel production, and yet their costs are the same as ours. Again, it's not about wages. It's about commitment. It's not even hard for us to build our renewable capacity. Where China needs to build gigantic dams in the Himalayas to double its hydroelectric output, we can double our output without building a single new dam. This was said by the Energy Secretary, Steven Chu. Yet it hasn't happened. Words don't build things.

I'm aware many in my party are opposed to renewable energy, and I'm not sure why. In any case, we need to continue investment into new technologies and the basic science that leads to innovations. It's not a foreign idea. I remember President Bush was a strong supporter of such ideas. We can lead their field once again, and we, also with traditional sources of energy, achieve energy independence."
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »

9/14 - Fundraiser in Hollywood, California
9/15 Townhall in Las Vegas, Nevada, Intewview on MSNBC with Rachel Maddow
9/16 Townhall in Reno, Nevada
9/17 Rest and Airplane Flight to Boston, Massachusetts
9/18 Speech at Dartmouth College. Townhall in Conrocd, New Hampshire
9/19 Speech/ Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH followed by a Townhall
9/20 Local TV Interviews, Speech in Nashua, NH
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »

Martin O'Malley's week:

14/9: Fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa.
15/9: Rally in Baltimore, Maryland.
16/9: Interview on MSNBC with Chuck Todd, interview on Chris Matthews' Hardball.
17/9: Rest day. Move to New Hampshire.
18/9: Meet & Greet at Concord, New Hampshire.
19/9: Townhall in Manchester, New Hampshire.
20/9: Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire. (rumoured to be about Obama's cap-and-trade bill)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 04:03:24 PM by sirnick »

Week 3
September 22 to 29 2015

National Polling:

Republican Primary:

Christie: 13%
Ryan: 13%
West: 10%
Paul: 10%
Rubio: 9%
Huntsman: 8%
Sandoval: 5%

Democrats:

Cuomo: 21%
O'Malley: 19%
Newsom: 16%
Emanuel: 15%
Gillibrand: 13%
MaCaskill: 7%
Klobuchar: 3%

Iowa Polling:

Republicans:

Christie: 20%
Ryan: 15%
Rubio: 11%
Paul: 7%
West: 6%
Sandoval: 5%

Democrats:

Cuomo: 18%
O'Malley: 18%
MacCaskill: 15%
Gillibrand: 15%
Emanuel: 13%
Newsom: 10%
Klobuchar: 2%

Additional Narrative:

After difficulties fundraising, Senator Richard Burr drops out of the race for President.

The President continues to push his cap and trade bill. The Congressional Budget Office says that the President's plan is "not budget neutral" as he claims while the Office of Budget & Management continues to push that it is and that Congress tinkering with the bill has made it not so.

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is reportedly very ill.

Additional Notes:

Please post with your candidates name every time so I don't have to go back to the rules thread to look Smiley

I will start giving out endorsements for Iowa in the next few days. Tomorrow will be the first New Hampshire poll as well.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

I messed up the date in my last post. Now fixed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 01:37:48 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 01:53:57 PM by Simfan34 »

On Sunday the 21st, Senator Huntsman traveled to Washington D.C., where he had an interview with Fareed Zakaria. Here is an excerpt.

ZAKARIA: So four years ago, you were here on this very show, doing the same thing you are now- running for president. What's changed?

HUNTSMAN: Well, for one thing I'm Senator Huntsman now. But I'm rather proud to say not much has changed about me. I still believe that this country needs a new, coherent tax code. I still believe we need an overhaul of the defense budget. I still believe we need to achieve energy independence. Some people might change when they go to Washington. I'm not one of those people. But I have learned some things. I now, for one thing, am fully aware of the necessity of a unified industrial policy. The private sector in this country has been crying out for one- we can no longer afford to dither with half-baked measures towards promoting manufacturing in this country.

ZAKARIA: Manufacturing and an industrial policy has become a major element of your campaign, indeed you've written a book on it, The Competitiveness Challenge, which I found insightful and-

HUNTSMAN:-- like something you would write!

ZAKARIA: Well, with a bit of Tom Friedman overtones in it, but I agreed with most of your assertions. You speak a great deal about the need for proactive action on the part of the government to promote the interests of the nation as a whole. You said that:

(reading) At one time, America could be proud of its industry, and to a large degree it's government. There is still pride in what's left of industry-thank you for Harley Davidson! As for the government, well now, there's something that needs to be gutted, restructured, and made by real Americans again. America needs a government that can serve the people and advance their interests, that can help American businesses succeed and proper.

ZAKARIA: How does this align with the modern view of many, if not most, in your party, that government should be shrunk at all times, and not expand its role in society. Your view seems to be more liberal in that regard.

HUNTSMAN: I don’t see it that way. I think we’ve forgotten, to an extent, what our position was on the role of government. We, for example, hear much of Ronald Reagan’s remark at his inauguration that “government is the problem”. But we forget the context- I was there. At that time, the Carter administration had been pursuing an inflationary fiscal policy in a vain attempt to encourage growth, and so yes, that is why he said “in this present crisis, government is the problem”.  And he also said this: “It my intentions to make government work with us, not over us; to stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it.” This, Fareed, is the true conservative vision of government. It’s what many business leaders are asking for today. It’s what I’ve advocated during my term as governor and as a senator. And it’s the kind of government I hope to shape as President.

ZAKARIA: So you’re saying the government needs to play a greater role in society.

HUNTSMAN: Not a greater one, a more proactive one. A more dynamic, efficient, and productive government. A government that worked that way would almost certainly be smaller than the one we have now. It’s what Reagan supported. It’s what Goldwater, Ford, Buckley, Eisenhower supported. It’s what I support.

A question for you, Fareed. Do you consider yourself a conservative?

ZAKARIA: When I first came to the United States, when the men you mentioned were prominent and the leaders of the country, yes, I did. Today, I can’t say I identify with the conservative movement.

HUNTSMAN: Well that’s the problem. We’ve strayed from our roots. I intend to bring it back.

ZAKARIA: I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor, Senator. I think this country would benefit from seeing a conservative movement like that of years past. Thank you, Senator Huntsman.

HUNTSMAN: My pleasure, Fareed.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 02:09:57 PM by Ray Goldfield »

Governor Andrew Cuomo's Campaign Schedule for 9/21-9/27, 2015

9/21 - Meet and Greet at Tommy's Country Ham House in Greenville, South Carolina

"It's easy for Senator McCaskill to take shots at my record. She comes from the Washington bubble, where making speeches about how only the perfect will do is how you make a name for yourself. But for the last five years in New York, I've been working on real solutions to real problems. We've gotten a divided state government to work together like never before, and we've helped a lot of people. I think the people of South Carolina will appreciate that!"

9/22 - Speaking Engagement at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina

"There's no doubt there are going to need to be some hard cuts made to balance our country's budget. But the one thing we cannot allow in the name of budget cuts is to allow our military to become anything but the premiere fighting force in the world! As President, I will work to eliminate waste in the military's budget, but I will never sacrifice our strength!"

9/23 - Speaking Engagement and Fundraiser at Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County

"I've spoken to a lot of Jewish friends, including my fellow elected officials, who are worried about the direction President Obama has taken the Middle East Peace Process. Now, I know President Obama, and I know that he deeply cares for Israel, and he's done a lot to secure its safety, such as his successful, peaceful disarming of Iran's nuclear program. And I stand before you today to say I will absolutely continue his efforts! I understand that Israel remains a nation under siege, and as President, I will support our ally's efforts to end terrorism and secure the safety of its citizens. Like Israel's leadership, I pray for peace. But peace cannot be had while one side continues shooting rockets at school buses!"

9/24 - Meet and Greet in Pembroke Pines, Florida senior center.

"I can promise you this - If I am elected President, no one who is currently receiving Social Security or Medicare will see any changes in their benefits. There are real issues that need to be resolved within the system, but unlike the Republican candidates, I have no desire to see that surgery performed with a sledgehammer!"

9/25 - Speaking Engagement at the University of Florida in Gainesville

"This is one of the most advanced scientific research universities in the country. And as President, I will make funding that research a priority! I believe that the path to energy independence is in sight for the United States of America. Taxes on inefficient products aren't going to get us there if the alternatives aren't up to par. And I can think of no greater priority for this country than to make sure we are at the forefront of research for alternative energy!"

9/26 - Bus tour in Fairfield, Iowa, ending at the Red Rock Tavern

"It's great to be here in Fairfield. This town is what America is all about. A small town of just under 10,000 people, and it's become one of the start-up capitals of America! That spirit of Entrepreneurship is something I want to harness and help to grow towns around the country just like this one. As President, one of my economic priorities will be to incentivize small business loans. Sometimes, the smallest boost can help someone get off the ground floor and build something amazing!"

9/27 - Appearance on Meet the Press

"There's a lot of great ideas coming out of the candidates in the race. I love how competitive it is already, on both sides. I think that can only help get people talking about the issues. This is a pipe dream of mine, but I'd love to get all of us - Democrat, Republican, and Independent - in one room for a debate."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »

September 21st: Campaign rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa; Campaign rally in Siox City, Iowa.

September 22nd: Campaign rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Meet and Greet in Rock Hill, South Carolina; Lunch, Meet and Greet in Charlotte, North Carolina. Appearance on John King USA.

September 23rd: Campaign rally in Myrtle Beach; Campaign Rally in Hilton Head, Meet and Greet in Charleston.

September 24th: Fundraiser in Charleston, South Carolina.

September 25th: Campaign Rally in Columbia, South Carolina; fundraiser in West Palm Beach, Florida.

September 26th: Campaign Rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Meet and Greet in Boca Raton, Florida; Campaign Rally in Vero Beach, Florida; Campaign Rally in Melbourne, Florida/

September 27th: Rest day at home, in Broward County, Florida.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »

9/22: Town Hall in Concord New Hampshire; Meet and Greet in Grand Rapids, Michigan
9/23: Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Davenport, Iowa
9/24: Fundraiser in Washington D.C; Meet and Greet in Wilmington, Delaware; Interview on The Rachel Maddow Show
9/25: Town Hall in Charleston, South Carolina; Meet and Greet in Kansas City, Missouri; Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
9/26: Meet and Greet in Waterloo, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Sioux City, Iowa
9/27: Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Iowa City, Iowa
9/28: Town Hall in Ames, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Urbandale, Iowa; Meet and Greet in Marion, Iowa
9/29: Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa; Town Hall in Berlin, New Hampshire
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 02:47:47 PM »

Marco Rubio 9/21-27

9/21 Iowa
     Rally in Waterloo
     Speech in Cedar Rapids
     Meets with small business owners

9/22 Iowa/New Hampshire
     Speech in Des Moines
     Townhall in Concord
     Meeting with several local Hispanic Leaders

9/23 New Hamspire/ South Carolina
     Rally in Myrtle Beach
     Speech in Columbia
     Appearance on the O'reilly Factor

9/24 Florida
    Appears on TODAY Show    
    Opens new campign headquarters in Fort Lauderdale
    Lunch with unemloyed workers
    Speech in Key West

9/25 Arizona/ California
    Speech in Phoenix
    Visits Hispanic suburbs
    Speech in Los Angeles
    Rally in San Diego

9/26 Nevada/ Texas
    Visits Casino workers in Las Vegas
    Rally in Houston
    Dinner at local struggling restaurant in Austin

Quotes: Rally in Waterloo " I belive America needs a President who will not push aside our foreign allies but will assist them. President Obama has refised to help Israel and more recently India in their struggle against Iran. Instead he pushes forward with his partison cap-and-trade bill while our friends arround the world need us at their side."            
               Rally in Houston "I love America and I have been blessed to meet citizens everywhere on this campaign, whether it was a farmer in Iowa or a Waitress in Houston they all have pledged their support behind me. Some have joined because of my membership on some comitees in the Senate and others becuase they say I have a good strong sense of moral character. But the largest reason I have gotten support is because people know I will take America in the right direction and will not bow down to and foreign power like Iran, Cuba, or North Korea. And it is for this reason I need your support. Thank you."    
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies