2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73412 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »

AUGUST 1, 2015 FORT TRYON PARK, WASHINGTON HEIGHTS, NYC

"Thank you all so much for having joined me today in this beautiful park where centuries ago a group of brave Americans held their ground in a last stand against the forces of tyranny and subjugation. Today, we too are fighting a battle - not a battle of rifles and artillery, but a battle of hearts and minds for the very soul of America.

All of us here come from different origins and different walks of life. We profess different faiths and don't always share the same views, but we are here today because we want to honor the legacy of such patriots as Margaret Corbin who fought and suffered to make America a free and democratic society.

That America is under threat. Across this great land millions of people continue to live in the shadows and fall between the cracks of society. Over the past eight years - though we have made great strides both in educating our children and putting them to work - there remain those who are unable to participate in the American Dream through no fault of their own. Some of them have been out of work and out of school and don't know if they'll ever see the light of a better day; some are veterans - men and women, gay and straight - who have come back from serving their country on the battlefield only to find reduced benefits and a hard time making ends meet; and some, whose parents came here looking for a better future, and who themselves have worked hard their entire lives are denied an opportunity for education and advancement because of their legal status.

Today we are here to declare that we will not stand for this! WE, the People, by the grace of our Creator, demand the rights with which we have been endowed by birth and will not suffer others to be deprived of them. We want an America that will continue to lead in the twenty-first century - not just economically, not just militarily, but as the free nation that we have always professed to be.

And that vision, that hope, is why I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

My administration will not rest until our veterans, our children, our friends, and our neighbors are all able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country provides. We will fight hard to pass fair, comprehensive, and real immigration reform and make sure - that through the DREAM Act and other legislation - no child of undocumented workers need fear that he or she will not get a chance to pursue the American Dream. We will not settle for anything less than marriage equality - in deed and in name. We will support our veterans and make sure that they are taken care of and honored, not faced with a choice between an unemployment line and another war. We will invest in the most cutting-edge research so that America will continue to be at the forefront of new technologies and new markets - like American Green Energy and American Nanotechnology. Most of all, we will continue the economic progress that we have made over the last eight years and emerge stronger as a nation than we have ever been before.

Thank you. May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America!"

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 14 - Sept. 20, 2015)

Monday, September 14th (Nevada, Arizona)

• 9:00 AM Meeting with Hispanic Business Leaders to Discuss Guest-Worker programs - Las Vegas, NV
  • 11:00 AM Town Hall on the Dream Act at Desert Pines High School - Las Vegas, NV
  • 1:00 PM Fundraising Lunch at the Four Seasons - Las Vegas, NV
  • 4:00 PM Speech on "Removing College's Financial Disincentives" at the University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
  • 7:00 PM Dinner and Fundraiser with Arizona League of Conservation Voters - Tanque Verde Ranch, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, September 15th (New Mexico, Texas)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast with officers and men of the 150th Fighter Wing - Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM
  • 9:30 AM Tour of Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque, NM
  • 11:00 AM Speech on "Leading the Future" at Alvarado Transportation Center - Albuquerque, NM
  • 2:00 PM Speech on the "Moral Imperative of the Dream Act" - University of Texas, El Paso, TX
  • 4:30 PM Meeting with business leaders - Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, San Antonio, TX
  • 8:00 PM Fundraising dinner at the home of Russell and Dorothy Budd - Highland Park, TX

Wednesday, September 16th (New York)

• 12:00 PM Fundraising lunch at Waldorf-Astoria Hotel - NY, NY
  • 5:30 PM Recording of the Late Show with David Letterman - NY, NY

Thursday, September 17th (Iowa)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Hamburg Inn, Iowa City, IA
  • 11:00 AM Rally at Iowa State Capitol - Des Moines, IA
  • 1:30 PM Town Hall meeting on education - Council Bluffs, IA
  • 3:00 PM Tour of Tyson Meat Processing Plant - Sioux City, IA
  • 5:00 PM Speech on "Leading the Future" - Sergeant Floyd Monument, Sioux City, IA
  • 8:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with business leaders - Cedar Rapids, IA

Friday, September 18th (Iowa)

• 8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Parlor City Pub and Eatery, Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 9:30 AM Speech on "Honoring Servicemen and Military Spending" - Veterans Memorial Building, Cedar Rapids, IA
  • 12:30 PM Town Hall meeting on education reform - Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Dubuque, IA
  • 2:00 PM Speech on "Protection and Innovation - An Environmental and Business Partnership" - Grand River Center, Dubuque, IA
  • 4:00 PM Town Hall and Potluck Dinner - Maynard Elementary School, West Union, IA
  • 6:30 PM Interview on KWWL Channel 7 - Waterloo, IA
  • 7:30 PM Small Donor Fundraiser - Brown Bottle Restaurant, Waterloo, IA

Saturday, September 19th (Iowa)

• 7:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Coffee Attic, Iowa Falls, IA
  • 9:00 AM Speech on "Readying our Military for the Challenges of the 21st Century" - American Legion Post #188, Iowa Falls, IA
  • 11:00 AM Rally at Franklin County Courthouse - Hampton, IA
  • 12:30 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Mother's Place family restaurant, Latimer, IA
  • 2:00 PM Town Hall on Cap and Trade - Humboldt High School, Humboldt, IA
  • 4:00 PM Rally at Crawford County Courthouse - Denison, IA
  • 6:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Ruby's Pub, Stuart, IA
  • 8:30 PM Interviews with WOI-TV channel 5, KCCI channel 8, WHO-TV channel 13, and KDSM-TV channel 17 - Des Moines, IA
  • 10:00 PM Sit-down interview in hotel suite with The Des Moines Register - Des Moines, Iowa

Sunday, September 20 (Iowa and New Hampshire)
  • 8:30 AM Mass at Saint Ambrose Cathedral - Des Moines, IA
  • 10:00 AM Grand Opening of Iowa Campaign Office - Des Moines, IA
  • 2:00 PM Rally at New Hampshire State House - Concord, NH
  • 3:30 PM Round-table discussion with business leaders of the New England Chamber of Commerce - Centennial Hotel, Concord, NH
  • 6:00 PM Town Hall on marriage equality - Manchester Central High School, Manchester, NH
  • 8:30 PM Fundraiser and private dinner for bundlers - Bedford Village Inn, Bedford, NH
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

At a Town Hall at a Nevada high school where 64% of students are on reduced lunch, Sen. Gillibrand addressed the importance of the Dream Act:

"The Dream Act is a moral imperative. The young people that have come and are living in this country - including many here in the great state of Nevada - through no fault of their own, want nothing more than the opportunity to achieve the American Dream. Either through military service, or through education, these young people want to be part of this great American community. They want to give back to this community! In this country, which was founded on immigrants - Italian, Irish, Indian, Hispanic - the richness of our heritage, our culture, and the strength of our economy depends on the vitality of our immigrants.

We want to make sure that every one of these young people can become American citizens so join me here today - in a state that is known for its rich ethnic and racial diversity - in making a commitment to passing this bill. As president, I will not rest until this legislation reaches my desk because I know that this great nation will remain great only if it invests in its young people and lives up to it pluralistic heritage."

While in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sen. Gillibrand spoke at the Alvarado Transportation Center on the importance of LEADING, rather than awaiting, the future:

"Albuquerque has come to epitomize the emergence of the American Southwest as one of the most important economic regions in this great nation. This passenger hub - which connects Los Angeles to Chicago and El Paso - alone handles more than 100,000 passengers and counting on Amtrak every year.

We can expand these systems by investing in high speed clean rail and ensuring that private companies that want to take advantage of these track networks are able to do so by ensuring that the infrastructure that supports them isn't falling apart. I recently sat down with the CEO of Union Pacific - the largest railroad network in the United States - and he agrees with me that the government can play a role in facilitating the expansion of his operations. He, like me, believes that rail is fast becoming the cheaper option for domestic freight operations in this country and that, if we want to continue the economic expansion the West so desperately craves, we should ensure that the railways remain our pride and glory.

I call this "Leading the Future" - our new campaign motto - because I don't think that America is a country that has merely sat on the train-ride of history watching the future slowly turning into the past. As Americans, we have always LEAD. We can and will shape our future so that we leave our children the country we mold rather than the one we are served.  

While taking part in a town hall meeting in Humboldt, Iowa, Sen. Gillibrand was asked by Lou Stanson a question about her support for the Cap and Trade bill that President Obama seeks to pass through Congress. She answered:

"I think we should start understanding Cap and Trade for what it is. As I spoke about yesterday in a speech in Dubuque, cap-and-trade is a partnership between business and the environmental community. Businesses that emit more will buy emissions credits to those who pollute less. In other words, Northwest Industrial Park here in Humboldt would be able to sell any credits to a factory in Michigan who needs more emissions credits. This means more money to a local business and more money to everyday Americans like you, Lou.

Cap-and-Trade is meant as a way that we can take control of the emissions we are creating, rather than standing idly by. While not perfect, the bill seeks to correct market inefficiencies. In such a way we can be pro-active rather than re-active to carbon and pollutant emissions and find yet another way to LEAD rather than to follow. Our campaign is all about Leading the Future and that's why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of the Senate version of cap-and-trade so that we can lead in the fight against pollution."
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 03:01:44 AM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 21 - Sept. 27, 2015)

Monday, September 21st

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Lou's Restaurant, Hanover, NH
    10:30 AM Speech on "Academic Opportunities and Obligations of College" at Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH

"Never forget that education - higher education - is a privilege that you have all been incredibly fortunate in enjoying. With your education comes edification and a great responsibility to share what you learn. After all, what you learn in not a decoration, a fancy decoration you can hang on your wall or wear on your chest, it is an asset that you carry with you for the rest of your life and that can make you a better person and can make your country a better place. Fundamentally, use your education to LEAD THE FUTURE!

1:00 PM Tour of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory - Hanover, NH
    2:30 PM Rally at Public Library - Lebanon, NH
    4:30 PM Rally at Newport Opera House - Newport, NH

"What a great opera house you have here in Newport! I hear it's the largest stage north of Boston! (audience cheers)This is the kind of enterprise I talk about when I so often refer to "Leading the Future." When the old town hall and courthouse burned down here in 1885, the great citizens of Newport overachieved: not only did they rebuild both buildings, but turned this town into the talk of the state. Imagine what we could do in this country if we could rekindle this kind of Newport spirit around the country and fix our deteriorating roads and bridges, inter our power-lines, and renew our sources of energy!" (audience roars)

6:00 Meet and Greet and informal Q&A on rebuilding infrastructure - Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge - Cornish, NH
    7:30 Interview on "Hardball with Chris Matthews" - via video-stream, Claremont, NH

MATTHEWS: Senator, you have been a lion in the Senate when it comes to defending the interests of the middle class. The Republicans don't like this and they are going to attack you for "class warfare", being a big-government liberal, and for being pro-amnesty. They've already done it. How are your going to respond?

GILLIBRAND: Chris, I think that the Republican attack machine is the dirtiest and sleaziest we have ever seen in American politics because it has descended to inventing facts when the true ones aren't to their liking. Take what Governor Christie said last Monday in Durham as an example. He attacked my friend and fellow New Yorker Andrew Cuomo for being "a run of the mill liberal, big government fan" who would perpetuate the "failed" policies of the past eight years. Governor Christie is the last man in this race who should be criticizing anyone for failed leadership. He quit as governor after one term because the people of New Jersey were dying to give him the boot after he raided the state budget and made middle-class families pay the cost. Governor Cuomo took a more balanced approach and ensured that his state remained solvent without resorting to the draconian policies pursued by Republican governors across the industrial heartland of this nation.

This is a great example of Republican politicians lying about the record of accomplishments we have made as a country over the past eight years because they have a non-existent record at the national level - being the party of "NO" - and at the state level have one that they proceed to run away from as soon as possible. How would I deal with their distortions? I would show the American people this hypocrisy and contrast the record of middle class destruction with my record as a champion of the middle class. As my party's nominee, I will not let Republican politicians get away with the distortions that they articulate in the national press day-in and day-out!

MATTHEWS: You seem like you're itching for a fight!

GILLIBRAND: I am because this country is itching for a fight! The people of this country have never settled for the status-quo and we're going to ensure that the principles which make this country great can live on and endure. The Dream Act, Cap-and-Trade, and the rebuilding of American infrastructure are going to be merely tools in the arsenal of the American people who are themselves going to LEAD THE FUTURE - as they always have!

Tuesday, September 22nd

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting on renewable energy - Town Square, Claremont, NH
    11:00 AM Speech on "Possibilities of the Dream Act" at Keene State College (followed by voter registration drive) - Keene, NH

"How many among you have friends or classmates who are undocumented? Don't be shy... (many people raise their hands) This is why I have made passage of the Dream Act one of my top priorities during my tenure in the Senate. Your friends and classmates are - like you - simply trying to get an education so that they may partake in the American Dream. The education you all receive at colleges such as Keene State is what will enable this country to prosper into this century and beyond. It simply doesn't make sense that we should limit their access to education and later refuse them jobs simply because of their parent's mistakes. We should grant them citizenship so that we can ensure that the best and the brightes remain in this country and can contribute to its prosperity!

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Elm City Restaurant and Brewery, Keene, NH
    2:30 PM Meet and Greet - Public Library, Jaffrey, NH[/li][/list]
    4:30 PM Rally - Centennial Park, Milford, NH

"The Gillibrand administration will not rest until each and everyone of our friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens is able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country offers. We aren't talking about equality of results, we are talking about EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY. The playing field should be level as much as is possible and we need to make sure that people are playing by the rules. So I re-iterate my staunch support for comprehensive financial regulatory overhaul, the Dream Act, and renewable energy and my opposition to any more bailouts! I think it's time that the AMERICAN PEOPLE get a bailout! Don't you! (wild cheers) We need to make sure that our shot at the American Dream isn't held up: by either bureaucracy or moneyed interests. Let's take charge of this great country once again and LEAD THE FUTURE!"[/i]

6:00 Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Red Arrow restaurant, Milford, NH
    8:00 Interviews with WCVB-TV channel 5, W29AT channel 29, and WHDH-TV channel 7 - Manchester, NH
    9:30 Fundraising Dinner - Richard's Bistro, Manchester, NH

Wednesday, September 23rd

9:00 AM Grand Opening of National Campaign Headquarters - Washington Heights, NY, NY
    12:30 PM Fundraising Lunch with members of the business community - Le Cirque restaurant, NY, NY
    2:00 PM Meeting with members of the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network - GLSEN National Headquarters, NY, NY
    8:00 PM PT Major fundraising dinner with top donors - Home of Rob and Anna Hawken McKay, San Francisco, CA

Thursday, September 24th

9:00 AM Major rally at Pershing Square - Los Angeles, CA

"Today we are here to declare that we will not allow the American Dream to slowly wither away and die. WE, the People demand the rights with which we have been endowed by birth and will not suffer others to be deprived of them. We want an America that will continue to lead in the twenty-first century - not just economically, not just militarily, but as the free nation that we have always professed to be! We will LEAD THE FUTURE and continue on the path set forth by our great founders!"

12:00 PM Lunch meeting with members of the Tech Community - Santa Monica, CA
    1:30 PM Fundraising lunch with major donors at the home of Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg - Los Angeles, CA
    7:00 PM Fundraising dinner with major donors at the home of John and Patricia Courtney - St. Petersburg, FL

Friday, September 25th

10:00 AM Grand opening of Florida campaign office - Orlando, FL
    1:30 PM Town Hall meeting on renewable energy and technology at Seabreeze High School - Daytona Beach, FL

"In order to remain competitive going forward, we must invest as a country in the most cutting-edge research so that America will continue to be at the forefront of new technologies and new markets - like American Green Energy and American Nanotechnology. That's why I'm calling for a complete overhaul of our nation's power grid so that the electric cars of the present and the future will be a boon to our renewable energy resources rather than being a drag on our electric infrastructure. We need to focus on clean and renewable forms of AMERICAN energy because we will - and must - LEAD THE FUTURE. In so doing, we will continue the economic progress that we have made and emerge stronger as a nation than we have ever been before."

5:00 PM Rally at Finlay Park - Columbia, SC
    7:00 PM Dinner with drill sergeant recruits at Fort Jackson - Columbia, SC

Saturday, September 26th

10:00 AM Speech on "Sustainable Energy: A Path Forward" - Roper Mountain Science Center, Greenville, SC
    1:30 PM Fundraising lunch - Poogan's Porch, Charleston, SC
    3:00 PM Rally at White Point Gardens - Charleston, SC

"All of us here come from different origins and different walks of life. We profess different faiths and don't always share the same views, but we are here today because we want to honor the legacy of the Founders who fought and suffered to make America a free and democratic society. Their America is under threat. Across this great land millions of people continue to live in the shadows and fall between the cracks of society. Today we say that this shall not stand! We will lead our destiny once again!".

4:30 Tour of Columbus Street Terminal of the Port of Charleston - Charleston, SC
    7:00 Fundraising dinner and performance with major Southern donors - Cypress restaurant - Charleston, SC

Sunday, September 27th

9:00 AM Appearance on "Meet the Press" - Washington, D.C.
    12:00 PM Mass of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception - Washington, D.C.
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 28 - Oct. 4, 2015)

Monday, September 28th (Florida)

9:00 AM Meet and Greet - First Watch Restaurant, Orlando, FL
    11:30 AM Tour and Meet and Greet at EPCOT - Lake Buena Vista, FL
    1:30 PM Rally at Disney World Resort (EPCOT) - Lake Buena Vista, FL

"EPCOT is exactly the kind of place where the message of "Leading the Future" can resonate. This park extols the achievements of human ingenuity and tells us - the visitors - that we are part of this journey of human innovation. As Americans, we love this park so much because it makes any achievement - however impractical it may at first seem - appear possible. America is a place where people do BIG THINGS and this park exhorts us to continue fighting for human innovation and creativity."

4:00 PM Rally at Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, FL
    6:30 PM Town Hall meeting on "Rebuilding the American Dream" at Dunbar High School - Ft. Myers, FL
    9:00 PM Dinner and fundraiser with national Asian-American donors - USS Nemo restaurant, Naples, FL

Tuesday, September 29th (Florida)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Howley's Restaurant, West Palm Beach, FL
    10:00 AM Rally at Flamingo Park - West Palm Beach, FL

"We will not rest until our veterans, our children, our friends, and our neighbors are all able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country provides. We will fight hard to pass fair, comprehensive, and real immigration reform and make sure - that through the DREAM Act and other legislation - no child of undocumented workers need fear that he or she will not get a chance to pursue the American Dream. We will not settle for anything less than marriage equality - in deed and in name. We will support our veterans and make sure that they are taken care of and honored, not faced with a choice between an unemployment line and another war. Fundamentally, we will continue the economic progress that we have made over the last eight years and emerge stronger as a nation than we have ever been before."

12:00 PM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Dreyfoos School of the Arts - West Palm Beach, FL
    3:00 PM Rally at Fort Lauderdale Stadium - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    5:00 PM Sit-down interviews with "The Miami Herald", the "South Florida-Sun Sentinel, "El Sentinel" and "El Nuevo Herald" - on the campaign bus, en route to Miami, FL
    6:15 PM Rally at Dodge Island - Port of Miami, Miami, FL
    7:30 PM Dinner meeting with South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - Miami Beach, FL

Wednesday, September 30th (South Carolina)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at The Beacon Drive-In - Spartanburg, SC
    11:00 AM Brunch and Meet and Greet - Southern Thyme restaurant, Greer, SC
    1:00 PM Hosting a press conference at South Carolina State Capitol - Columbia, SC

...answering a reporter's question on Cap-and-Trade...

"I WILL be in Washington next week to vote for the bill being put forward by Sen. Reid and supported by a majority of the members of the United States Senate. Cap-and-trade is a good idea that promotes the interests of environmental fairness while ensuring the integrity of the free-market system. I hope that the amendment process is limited because I think that when Congress tampers with a good idea, it can often turn an initially stellar bill into a poison pill. I urge my Republican colleagues from across the aisle to support an idea that they were the originators of. I wish they would embrace their own good ideas rather than jettisoning them at the first sign of Democratic support."

2:30 PM Town Hall meeting on economic innovation at Fox Creek High School - North Augusta, SC
    4:00 PM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Capitol Theatre - Laurens, SC
    6:30 PM Rally at Edisto Memorial Gardens - Orangeburg, SC
    9:00 PM Fundraising dinner for young donors - William Aiken House, Charleston, SC

Thursday, October 1st (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Great - Black Bear Diner, Sioux City, IA
    10:00 AM Town Hall meeting on Cap-and-Trade - Le Mars Convention Center, Le Mars, IA
    12:00 PM Town Hall meeting on "Leading the Future" - Sioux Center Public Library, Sioux Center, IA
    2:30 PM Meet and Greet - Crossroads Restaurant and Lounge, Early, IA
    5:00 PM Visit to the Sullivan Brothers Iowa Veterans Museum - Waterloo, IA
    7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Applewood Grill, Riceville, IA
    9:00 PM Interview on "The O'Reilly Factor" - via video-stream, St. Ansgar, IA

O'REILLY: Senator, you've been very critical of Republicans in the Senate when they've called for the reigning in of big government. Why should Fox viewers trust you when it comes to making sure that the government doesn't step on the toes of everyday Americans?

GILLIBRAND: Well, Bill, I have a very strong record of sticking up for the middle class in this country and making sure that our veterans come home from the battlefield with dignity and honor. My goal in the Senate has been to ensure that these veterans come home to genuine American jobs instead of heading to the unemployment line. To that end, I've supported tax cuts and other incentives to those businesses who employ military veterans and to those who repatriate American manufacturing jobs. I've tried to make government leaner and more responsive to the needs of the American people and my constituents can attest to that.

O'REILLY: What about Cap-and-Trade, Senator? A lot of viewers of this program are worried this proposal is going to kill jobs. What do you say?

GILLIBRAND: I think we have to understand Cap-and-Trade for what it is - a new marketplace in which businesses in which the free-market can be allowed to run its course. Make no mistake, these emissions credits will not only encourage businesses to lower their emissions by competing with their fellow businesses, it will also lower overall emissions. Adam Smith couldn't be prouder of this legislation!

Friday, October 2nd (Iowa)

9:00 AM Meet and Greet - Corner Stone Pub, Emmetsburg, IA
    10:30 AM Rally at Harrison Park - Emmetsburg, IA
    12:00 PM Town Hall meeting on renewing electrical grid at Jackson Hometown Cafe - Webb, IA
    2:30 PM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act at Buena Vista University - Storm Lake, IA

The Dream Act is a moral imperative. The young people that have come and are living in this country through no fault of their own, want nothing more than the opportunity to achieve the American Dream.They want to give back to this community! In this country, which was founded on immigrants - Italian, Irish, Indian, Hispanic - the richness of our heritage, our culture, and the strength of our economy depends on the vitality of our immigrants."

5:00 PM Rally at Carroll County Courthouse - Carroll, IA
    7:00 PM Rally at Beardshear Hall, Iowa State University - Ames, IA
    8:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Olde Main Brewing Co, Ames, IA

Saturday, October 3rd (Iowa and New York)

9:00 AM Meet and Greet - Indianola Public Library, Indianola, IA
    10:15 AM Visit to the National Sprint Car Museum - Knoxville, IA
    11:30 AM Rally at Vermeer Mill - Pella, IA
    4:00 PM Rally at Liberty Island - NY, NY

"We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! We may be white, latino, black, native american; catholic, jewish, or muslim, but we are AMERICANS first and foremost. And this tie that unites us is far larger than those that divide us. And woe to those that do seek to divide us based on our ethnicity, our religion, or our race because history will judge them in the same way that it has all divisive movements: as failures. Ultimately, we have overcome and we are overcoming! But the path is one that still lies ahead and we must keep on it and keep going because along this path has our country, our nation, ONE NATION, risen to greatness!

Sunday, October 4th (New York and Washington D.C.)

10:00 AM Fundraising Brunch at Brasserie Beaumarchais - NY, NY
    2:00 PM Closed-door meeting with Democratic Leadership at Capitol - Washington D.C.

mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 11:59:16 PM »

Statement from the Gillibrand campaign (Monday, October 5th):

"We are pleased to announce that since the start of this campaign three weeks ago, the American People have embraced Senator Gillibrand's call to "Lead the Future" and our campaign has raised over $6 million during the same time period. These resources will enable us to commit to a major ad buy in the early states - specifically Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina - starting next week. We will continue to raise the necessary resources to lead this movement. Thank you for your ongoing support!"
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:41:23 PM »
    « Edited: February 07, 2012, 11:24:53 PM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Sept. 28 - Oct. 4, 2015)

Monday, October 5th (Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana)

9:00 AM Meet and Greet - Pancake Pantry, Nashville, TN
    11:30 AM Tour and Press Conference at Nissan Motors manufacturing plant - Smyrna, TN

...answering a reporter's question on the importance of renewable energy...

"I think this plant is a testament to the importance of American Green Energy. Take the Nissan Leaf which is produced at this plant as an example and you will see that the technology exists and is being disseminated to diversify the energy portfolio we rely on. As more of these electric cars are built, however, our nation's power grid is coming under stress because it is having difficulty meeting increased demand. We need to renew the power grid so that this innovation - with manufacturing jobs brought from Japan to America, I might ad - can continue to bear fruit."

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken, Memphis, TN
    2:30 PM Rally at Overton Park - Memphis, TN
    4:00 PM Rally at Bill Clinton Presidential Library - Little Rock, AR
    5:00 PM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act - University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, AR
    7:30 PM Dinner with officers of the 2D Bomb Wing US Air Force - Barksdale Air Force Base, Bossier City, LA

Tuesday, October 6th (Louisiana and Texas)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Cafe du Monde, New Orleans, LA
    10:00 AM Rally in front of St. Louis Cathedral - New Orleans, LA

"Aren't you a little tired that everyone - especially the national media - is focusing on just four states? I love Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina, but let's make this a national conversation already! We are all AMERICANS and each state deserves a visit from the politicians especially if it's the great Bayou State! (crowd cheers) That's why I've come down here today and why I visited Tennessee and Arkansas yesterday and will head over to Texas this afternoon! I think that every American should have a stake in this process and should be allowed to have a say! To that end, I'm making it a point to visit a multiplicity of states so that the PEOPLE can talk to me about the issues as well!

12:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Tulane University - New Orleans, LA
    2:30 PM Tour of the Exxon-Mobil refinery - Baton Rouge, LA
    4:00 PM Town Hall meeting on energy diversification at Belaire High School - Baton Rouge, LA
    5:00 PM TV interviews with WBRZ-TV channel 2, WAFB channel 9, WVLA channel 33, WGMB channel 44 - Louisiana State Capiton, Baton Rouge, LA
    8:00 PM Rally at Trinity River Greenbelt Park - Dallas Texas

Wednesday, October 7th (Texas)

8:30 AM Fundraising Breakfast - Bread Winners restaurant, Dallas, TX
    11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at Southern Methodist University - University Park, TX

The Dream Act is a moral imperative. Young people - especially in Texas - that have come and are living in this country through no fault of their own, would greatly benefit from this legislation by being given the opportunity to share in the American Dream. Over 12% of the population of the Lone Star State could benefit from this Bill and we wouldn't be doling out amnesty. We would be taking the logical steps to retain the talent we cultivate in this country - at school and in the military - rather than sending it back overseas! Join me as we keep pushing for this legislation! We need a President who will make this priority #1 because it is just as much about equality of opportunity as it is about economic development!"

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Hillstone restaurant, Dallas, TX
    3:30 PM Rally at Texas State Capitol - Austin, TX
    5:00 PM Rally at Houston City Hall - Houston, TX
    6:30 PM Town Hall on education reform at Wheatley High School - Houston, TX
    8:30 PM Fundraising dinner with major donors - RDG Grill Room, Houston, TX

Thursday, October 8th (Washington, DC)

11:00 AM Brunch fundraiser - Bistro Bis, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
    1:00 PM Cape-and-Trade vote - US Senate Chamber, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. (Senator votes Aye)
    3:00 PM Closed-door Senate Democratic Caucus meeting - Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
    6:00 PM Fundraising dinner with D.C., Maryland, and Virginia major donors - 1789 restaurant, Washington, D.C.

Friday, October 9th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Machine Shed, Davenport, IA
    9:30 AM Rally at Davenport City Hall - Davenport, IA
    11:00 AM Speech on "Leading Innovation" - Wapsipinicon Mill, Independence, IA

"Iowa has been always been a state that LEADS THE FUTURE! Take a look at the mill behind us - rebuilt in 1867: it was far ahead of its time! It generated electricity for nearly fifty years at a time when few other such mills existed in the country, let alone Iowa. The kind of innovation and vision that led to the construction of this mill is the same kind of innovation that I can feel ready to burst forth, if only we give it a chance. That's why we need to elect someone as president who has a vision for the future: a clear vision of what this country is built on and where it is headed. Specific proposals are great - and I have already enumerated many - but we have to make sure that these proposals fall within a specific vision for this Nation's future. I have that vision: WE MUST LEAD THE FUTURE!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting on renewing America's infrastructure - overlooking Lincoln Highway, Belle Plaine, IA
    3:00 PM Speech on "Diversity in Origin, Unity in Destiny: Renewing America's Promise" - Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, IA
    5:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Howar Junior High - Centerville, IA
    7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Junction Creamery, Osceola, IA

Saturday, October 10th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Meet and Greet at What Cheer Flea Market - Fairgrounds, What Cheer, IA
    10:00 AM Speech on "Renewing the American Dream" - Fairgrounds, What Cheer, IA

"Like this very flea market, we are a nation of many peoples, many origins, many futures. Yet, we have one very important aspect of our very being in common: WE ARE AMERICAN. And we are American not just in our accents, our favorite recipes, or our passports: we are Americans in spirit. Our American spirit - the spirit that has animated our parents and grandparents before us - tells us that everyone should have a chance for a better future: the possibility that we can give our children a better life than that which we inherited.

This idea we extend to the nation that makes us great. We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. To this end, I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Support the movement I am leading and I promise you that though the journey will be difficult and the adversities many to overcome, we will overcome them and we will emerge stronger and lead our country into the brighter days that can and must await!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting on renewing American manufacturing - Union Block building, Mt. Pleasant, IA
    3:00 PM Meet and Greet at Farmington Senior Center - Farmington, IA
    5:00 PM Rally at Davis County Courthouse - Bloomfield, IA
    7:00 PM Speech on "Rebuilding American Railways" - Old Burlington Railroad Depot, Corydon, IA

Saturday, October 11th (Iowa)

9:00 Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Zeb's Smokehouse, Bedford, IA
    10:30 Interview on "Face the Nation" with Bob Schieffer - via video-stream, Bedford, IA

SCHIEFFER: Senator Gillibrand, from what I've understood, you haven't really touched on the fact that you are a woman during this campaign. Why is that? And do you think it matters?

GILLIBRAND: Well, Bob, I think that I haven't really emphasized that aspect of my campaign because I don't think it really should be an issue - certainly not one that should sway someone's vote. What I do think is important - and this resonates with my message on renewing the American Dream - is that people understand that a woman can run for this office and win it. Hillary Clinton certainly came very close eight years ago and Sen. McCaskill is running a great campaign this cycle against me. I think that many barriers have been broken over the past eight years - including President Obama's and Hillary Clinton's candidacies - and I am sure that both Claire and I will break barriers during this campaign. But, I think what's more important that the issue of whether I bring up my being a woman - if you don't mind my saying it Bob - is whether people can believe that this country can make a candidacy like my own successful. My message is all about renewing America's promise as the land of possibilities so I am also eager to prove that such a campaign - a woman's - is viable.

SCHIEFFER:Let me be blunt Senator, do you think being a woman is an asset or a liability in this campaign? Do you believe there are still people out there that won't vote for you because you're a woman?

GILLIBRAND: Bob, I think that being a woman is as much an asset as being a man is when it comes to running for president. Certainly, each gender brings its own perspectives to life experiences but that is unavoidable and to perhaps think that men somehow have a better perspective when it comes to running a country is an idea that has been refuted time and again.

As to those who may not vote for me because I am a woman, I think they are wrong to do so. I think they have been proved wrong, and I frankly wouldn't want their vote anyway.

1:00 Tour of Earl May Seed Company - Shenandoah, IA
    2:00 Sit-down interviews with KMA-AM and KFNF stations and "The Valley News" - aboard campaign bus, Shenandoah, IA
    4:00 Rally at Cass County Courthouse - Atlantic, IA
    6:30 Rally at Bayliss Park - Council Bluffs, IA
    8:00 Dinner and Meet and Greet - Long John Silver's, Council Bluffs, IA

mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Debate Responses

1) "I think you touch on two very important cases that have come before the court since 2000. I believe the reasoning behind the "Citizens United" case was flawed and particularly perplexing. That the court should so directly overrule two of its previous decisions - the 1990 ruling on "Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce" and the 2003 ruling on "McConnell v. Federal Election Commission" - is disheartening. This ruling highlights the degree to which the campaign reforms of the McCain-Feingold bi-partisan 2002 Bill are being slowly eaten away. As a lawyer myself, I reject the arguments of the court majority that money should be considered speech and that corporate entities should be given the ability to spend unlimited sums to buy elections. I, along with most of the American public, view this decision as made in violation of the Constitution and, therefore, I am ready to declare tonight that I plan to present and support a constitutional amendment that clarifies the Founders' original intent vis-a-vis free speech. Corporations are not people and they shouldn't have the same rights of speech as people."

2)"I think inflation is a very real problem in this country, certainly when a gallon of milk that used to cost $2 now costs $2.50. These cost-of-living increases make a big difference in people's lives and make it that much more difficult for those struggling to care for their family and to live out the American Dream. How would I deal with inflation? I would make sure that the Federal Reserve is doing its job. The economy is growing, unemployment is down, but interest rates have been extraordinarily low for too long and the money supply is too great. We need to slightly raise interest rates and slow the rate at which we are printing money so that we can control inflation. This is what the Federal Reserve was originally intended to do, so let's make sure it does its job and deals with the economic situation rather than just keeping bank lending rates low so as to coddle the big banks. Some have mentioned that an audit of the Fed is in order, I agree with this if we can use it to ensure that our financial infrastructure remains responsive and pro-active."

3)"The most important thing the United States can do if this unfortunate situation were to arise is to ensure that our troops around the world are secure, out of harms way, and on full alert. Furthermore, it is imperative that - if such a situation were to unfold - that we work to secure the Straits of Hormuz so as to ensure that Iran doesn't hold 20% of the world's oil supply hostage. I would take this step in conjunction with our allies, but I will make sure that the straits are secure and open for business within 24 hours of a declaration of war or an act of aggression. Let us all remember that India is our ally and that Iran in its current form is a rogue state divorced from the family of nations and isolated. As President, I would provide my full support to the Indian government and our allies in the region to ensure they have the necessary resources to deal with the Iranian threat. I would not hesitate to take direct military action against Iran if the situation becomes such that the Joint Chiefs believe it is the best path forward."
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 12 - Oct. 18, 2015)

Monday, October 12th (Nebraska)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Farmhouse Cafe, Omaha, NE
    10:30 AM Rally at Omaha Botanical Gardens - Omaha, NE
    12:30 PM Lunch with officers from the U.S. Strategic Command - Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue, NE
    3:00 PM Speech on "Energy Innovations We Can Achieve Now" - steps of the Nebraska State Capitol, Lincoln, NE

"Let's remember that we can take immediate steps to diversify our sources of energy. While we have made good progress, more can be done if the United States is to become truly energy independent. In this very state, we can build new wind farms and construct power lines that will transmit this electricity to communities throughout the country. The plains have always been known for their wind, let's harness it and put it to work for us!"

6:00 PM Town Hall on "Leading the Future" at Stuhr Museum of the Praire Pioneer, Grand Island, NE
    8:30 PM Town Hall and Potluck Dinner at Greeley-Wolbach Senior High School - Greeley, NE

Tuesday, October 13th (Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota)

8:00 AM Town Hall meeting and breakfast at Marina Inn, Conference Center - South Sioux City, NE
    9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on early-childhood education at Sioux City Public Library - Sioux City, IA
    12:00 PM Rally at Island Park - Rock Rapids, IA
    2:30 PM Rally at Jackson County Courthouse - Jackson, MN
    4:30 PM Town Hall meeting on restoring American manufacturing - Albert Lea, MN
    7:00 PM Rally at Hubert Humphrey Metrodome - Minneapolis, MN

"Hello Minneapolis! I'm so excited to be here - in this specific stadium - because I love Hubert Humphrey!(crowd explodes in wild cheers)Vice-President Humphrey was a great American and a great Minnesotan! He was the founder of the progressive movement in this country and we honor his legacy tonight! (crowd cheers)He believed in a strong America, but an America that did not neglect the least of its citizens to accommodate its most well-off. Our movement seeks to inherit this vision of America and claim it as significant and relevant to the present day! Let's keep the vision alive! Let's unite a strong America once again!

9:00 PM Fundraising dinner with Midwestern major donors - Axel's restaurant, Minneapolis, MN

Wednesday, October 14th (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and New York)

9:00 AM Rally at Wisconsin State Capitol - Madison, WI
    11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
    2:00 PM Rally at Chauncey Hurlbut Memorial Gate - Detroit, MI

"We must rebuild the urban landscape of industrial America. The Midwest has been especially hard-hit by the past recession, but has also been in deep trouble since the 1970s. In order to make sure that Detroit re-emerges as a major economic force in the years and decades ahead, we must make sure that we are re-organizing the city. We cannot allow vacant lots to lie around unused, while only 2/3 of the city's dwellings remain inhabited. If re-organization is to take place, it should happen at the local level and should not be hampered by either the state or the federal bureaucracy. If Detroit is willing to put the planning and resources into rebuilding its cityscape, as  President I will provide it will at the resources I can to facilitate its goals."

4:00 PM Rally at Cleveland City Hall - Cleveland, OH
    6:30 PM Rally at Lafayette Square - Buffalo, NY
    9:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with Upstate donors - Lento restaurant, Rochester, NY

Thursday, October 15th (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Littleton Diner, Littleton, NH
    9:30 AM Visit to Chutters Candy Store - Littleton, NH
    11:00 AM Town Hall meeting at White Mountains Regional High School - Whitefield, NH
    12:30 PM Potluck and Meet and Greet - Jefferson Fire Department, Jefferson, NH
    2:00 PM Press conference on the Appalachian Trail - Gorham, NH

...answering a reporter's question on President Obama's appointment of Richard C. Tallman to the Supreme Court...

"From what I know of Judge Tallman, he is an experienced and well-respected jurist of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. I look forward to learning more about Judge Tallman and I have already scheduled a personal meeting with him next week. I hope that the confirmation process can move forward expeditiously and with the desire to appoint the most qualified jurists to the highest law in our land. This is not an issue where gamesmanship should play a role, the Senate has work ahead that it must attend to and not dance around as is unfortunately often the case."

4:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Errol Consolidated Elementary School - Errol, NH
    6:00 PM Dinner with local residents - The Balsams Grand Resort, Dixville Notch, NH
    8:00 PM Dinner with local residents - The Colebrook House, Colebrook, NH

Friday, October 16th (Vermont and New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Jesse's Little Kitchen, Brighton, VT
    9:00 AM Rally at Island Pond Public Library - Brighton, VT
    11:30 AM Speech on "The Supreme Court's Constitutional Role" - Caledonia Superior Court, St. Johnsbury, VT
    1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Anthony's Diner, St. Johnsbury, VT
    3:30 PM Speech on "Health Reform: Progress We Must Continue" - Speare Memorial Hospital, Plymouth, NH

"While the Affordable Care act went a long way in insuring that the highest of Americans in history and insured, we have much progress to make. Premiums are too high, and paperwork abundant. We must streamline the healthcare system by encouraging providers to digitize patient records so that they are available to a network of care providers. Take Speare Memorial, for example, this hospital has cut overhead costs by 30% simply by getting rid of costly paper records and replacing them with digital equivalents. In so doing, the cost of providing care has gone down while the quality of care has remained high. We must ensure that this model can be used throughout the nation."

5:00 PM Rally at Fox Park - Laconia, NH
    7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Shibley's at the Pier, Alton Bay, NH

Saturday, October 17th (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Dons Diner, Farmington, NH
    10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Henry Wilson Memorial School - Farmington, NH
    1:00 PM Rally at Rochester Common - Rochester, NH

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Support the movement I am leading and I promise you that though the journey will be difficult and the adversities many to overcome, we will overcome them and we will emerge stronger and lead our country into the brighter days that can and must await!"

3:00 PM Town Hall Meeting at Roger Allen Sports Facility - Rochester, NH
    5:00 PM Visit to the Woodman Institute Museum - Dover, NH
    6:30 PM Speech on "Rebuilding Tomorrow's Infrastructure" - Dover Amtrak Station, Dover, NH

Sunday, October 18th (New Hampshire and Massachusetts)

9:00 Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Bagelry, Durham, NH
    10:30 Town Hall Meeting at University of New Hampshire - Durham, NH
    1:00 PM Speech on "Rebuilding America's Future: Where We're From" - Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, NH
    3:30 PM Speech on "Repubilding America's Future: Where We're Going" - Phillips Academy Andover, Andover, MA
    5:30 PM Major Rally at Boston Common - Boston, MA (10-15,000 attendees expected)
    7:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with major New England donors - Rialto restaurant, Boston, MA

NOTE: The Gillibrand Campaign has released its first ad of the cycle (entitled "Leading the Future") in the early states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina. The ad buy is worth ~ $7.5 million.
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
    « Edited: February 03, 2012, 11:26:16 PM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 19 - Oct. 26, 2015)

Monday, October 19th (Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Snoopy's Diner, Providence, RI
    10:30 AM Speech on "Educational Freedoms: Now and Then" - Brown University, Providence, RI
    1:00 PM Rally at New Jersey State Capitol - Trenton, NJ

"We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! We may be white, latino, black, native american; christian, jewish, or muslim, but we are AMERICANS first and foremost. And this tie that unites us is far larger than those that divide us. And woe to those that do seek to divide us based on our ethnicity, our religion, or our race because history will judge them in the same way that it has all divisive movements: as failures. Ultimately, it is our responsibility to overcome such divisive rhetoric and return this country to the People rather than to the parties!"

3:00 PM Rally at Philadelphia Museum of Art - Philadelphia, PA
    5:00 PM Rally at Rodney Square - Wilmington, DE
    6:15 PM Interviews with WDEL 1150-AM, WVUD 91.3 FM, and WHYY-TV - Wilmington, DE
    8:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Baltimore City College - Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, October 20th (Washington D.C. and Virginia)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform - University of Maryland, College Park, MD
    11:30 AM Meeting with Justice Richard C. Tallman to discuss nomination to the United States Supreme Court - Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.
    1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - BGR The Burger Joint, Alexandria, VA
    3:30 PM Rally at Robert E. Lee Monument - Richmond, VA
    5:00 PM Tour of the Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA
    6:15 PM Press conference outside Norfolk Naval Base - Norfolk, VA

...answering a reporter's question on the confrontation between India and Iran...

"The most important thing the United States can do at the moment is to show strength and to support our ally India. I am not referring to an outright military role for the United States, rather, I am referring to the logistical support the United States should provide its allies in such situations. Most of all, we should make sure that our troops are safe and on high alert. I trust President Obama's judgment during this time of great uncertainty and I am confident that he and the Joint Chiefs of Staff will handle the situation very well."

7:30 PM Dinner with officers and men of the USS Harry S. Truman - Norfolk Naval Base, Norfolk, VA

Wednesday, October 21st (North Carolina and South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Flying Biscuit Cafe, Raleigh, NC
    9:30 AM Speech on "Strengthening America's Rail Network" - Raleigh Amtrak Station, Raleigh, NC

"Raleigh's Amtrak station is the third busiest station in the Southeast and the busiest in North Carolina with over 300,000 passengers annually. This is because Raleigh is a centrally-located dynamic city with a vibrant economy. Amtrak has a long track record - pun intended (crowd laughs) of proving high-quality service across this great country. However, I think more can be done and I want to make a bold proposal today. If I am elected President, I will auction off expansion of Amtrak's rail lines to private companies who wish to provide additional service - whether passenger or freight. In this way, not only can we spur innovation by creating competition, we can also use the revenues to expand our rail lines and pay down the national debt."

11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act and education reform at Guilford College - Greensboro, NC
    2:30 PM Rally at Duke Energy Center - Charlotte, NC
    4:00 PM Visit to NASCAR Hall of Fame - Charlotte, NC
    5:30 PM Rally at Winthrop Coliseum - Rock Hill, SC
    8:00 PM Town Hall meeting on economic innovation at Chester County Library - Chester, SC

Thursday, October 22nd (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Union House Family Restaurant, Union, SC
    9:30 AM Visit to Wallace Thomson Hospital - Union, SC
    11:00 AM Speech on "The Necessity of Cap-and-Trade" - Whitmire , SC (Sumter National Forest)

"Cap-and-Trade is meant as a way that we can take control of the emissions we are creating, rather than standing idly by. In such a way we can be pro-active rather than re-active to carbon and pollutant emissions and find yet another way to LEAD rather than to follow. Our campaign is all about Leading the Future and that's why I have signed on as a co-sponsor of the Senate version of the cap-and-trade bill so that we can lead in the fight against pollution. Only through such concrete steps can we even hope to preserve such places as Sumter National Forest."

1:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Summers Restaurant, Newberry, SC
    2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Newberry College - Newberry, SC
    4:30 PM Speech on "Restoring Health Care to America: Let's Start Here" - old BJ Workman Hospital, Woodruff, SC
    6:00 PM Rally at Fluor Field at the West End - Greenville, SC
    7:30 PM Dinner with small donors - TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC

Friday, October 23rd (Tennessee)

Day of Rest - Gatlinburg, TN (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)

Saturday, October 24th (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Pot Belly Deli, Clemson, SC
    10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Clemson University, Clemson, SC
    12:00 PM Rally at site of old Westpoint Stevens Plant - Seneca, SC

"You don't see many politicians in this part of the state do you?! (crowd yells "no") Well, I want to visit towns like Seneca all across this state and this country because I want to hear your voices. I want you to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream. Your stories inspire my campaign because I know that many of you have worked so hard all your lives only to be frustrated by what appears to be the forces of government conspiring against you. That's why, as President, I will veto any tax break to companies that ship American jobs over seas or any tax break that lowers the tax rates for millionaires and billionaires while leaving the Middle Class out to dry. Let's retake America and reclaim the American Dream!

2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at Anderson Civic Center - Anderson, SC
    4:30 PM Meeting with members of the Upper Greenwood Development Corporation - Greenwood, SC
    6:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Old Edgefield Grill, Edgefield, SC

Sunday, October 25th (South Carolina and Georgia)

9:00 AM Appearance on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos - via video-stream, Columbia, SC

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator, you are quickly gaining ground in the national polls for the Democratic nomination and I'm sure that makes you feel good. To what do you credit your success?

GILLIBRAND: Well, I think my message is resonating with the American people, not just Democrats, but Republicans and Independents. My campaign is about bridging the differences among Americans so that we can restore the American Dream - the central tenet of my campaign. I think this theme appeals to Americans of all walks of life because it strikes a chord with what Americans expect from their country: not necessarily equality of results, but equality of opportunity to the extent that it can exist. The Middle Class seems to always get the short end of the economic stick because Washington politicians are more focused with protecting tax breaks and favors for their pet industries rather than standing on the side of the American people. I think government has a role to play when it comes to supporting middle class aspirations in this country and in making sure that the deck isn't stacked against those who work hard but don't necessarily have the connections. To this end, government should empower the people by ensuring that they have the possibility to empower themselves. That's our message and that's what the American people believe.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do you think this message will work in the general election?

GILLIBRAND: George, this message will WIN the general election.

11:00 AM Rally at Colonial Life Arena - Columbia, SC
    2:00 PM Visit to the South Carolina Artisan Center - Walterboro, SC
    4:00 PM Rally at Jasper County Courthouse - Ridgeland, SC
    6:00 PM Rally at Forsyth Park - Savannah, GA
    7:30 PM Fundraising Dinner with Georgia donors - Moon River Brewing Company, Savannah, GA

mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 01:00:36 AM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Oct. 26 - Nov. 1, 2015)

Monday, October 26th (Florida)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Palaca Saloon, Fernandina Beach, FL
    9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the Dream Act - Fernandina Beach High School, Fernandina Beach, FL
    11:30 AM Rally at Veterans Memorial Arena - Jacksonville, FL

"HELLO Jacksonville!!! How are you today?! (crowd cheers) Are you ready to turn this country around? (crowd cheers) Are you ready to rebuild the foundations of the American Dream?! (crowd goes wild) The journey begins here. We are diverse nation, but we are ONE nation! Just like Jacksonville, this country is full of diverse peoples, faiths and politics; yet we must remember that these things are secondary to our shared identity as Americans. Too often politicians divide us into groups to win elections. My campaign isn't about wedge issues, and it isn't about winning elections, it's about YOU! Because you started this movement and you will help lead it! I'm counting on your support and I'm eager to hear your ideas on how to restore America's promise!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, Jacksonville, FL
    3:00 PM Rally at Youngs Park - Lake City, FL
    5:30 PM Rally at Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL
    7:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Escambia High School - Pensacola, FL
    8:30 PM Dinner with officers of the 344th Military Intelligence Battalion - Corry Station Naval Technical Training Center - Myrtle Grove, FL

Tuesday, October 27th (Alabama and Mississippi)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Mobile Civic Center - Mobile, AL
    11:30 AM Rally at Oak Park - Montgomery, AL
    2:00 PM Speech on renewing America's rail infrastructure - Union Station, Meridian, MS

"Meridian has historically been a hub of rail traffic in the South and we must make sure that it continues to be. Norfolk Southern continues to operate regular freight service and Amtrak provides passenger service to connect the cities of the South. Let's make sure that in our America such a great American enterprise - the railroad doesn't fall by the wayside and is abandoned in favor of more polluting alternatives. Let's make sure that America can once again lead in this industry and it begins here in Meridian!"

4:30 PM Rally at Mississippi State Capitol - Jackson, MS
    6:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Callaway High School - Jackson, MS
    7:30 PM Fundraising dinner with Major Mississippi and Louisiana donors - Char restaurant, Jackson, MS

Wednesday, October 28th (Oklahoma and Colorado)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Beverly's Pancake House, Oklahoma City, OK
    9:30 AM Rally at Woodson Park - Oklahoma City, OK

"Am I the first national politician to visit Oklahoma City? (crowd cheers) I think so! Honestly, I don't understand because not only do you have great food - I mean I just had these amazing pancakes on the other end of town - but you also don't bite! (crowd laughs) In all seriousness, I think that too often politicians running for President stick by their playbook and visit the first four states exclusively. I have a message for them: there are 46 other states!!![/i] (crowd cheers) Visiting a multiplicity of states is about hearing people's perspectives from all of America's walks of life and I'm here in Oklahoma to do just that! This campaign is different because it throws out the conventional playbook and relies on the people to lead the movement to reclaim the American Dream and to LEAD THE FUTURE! I plan to stick around and I'll see you back here when we're duking it out with the Republican nominee in the fall!"

12:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Seiling Elementary School - Seiling, OK
    2:30 PM Rally at Cimarron County Courthouse - Boise City, OK
    4:00 PM Rally at Pueblo County Courthouse - Pueblo, CO
    6:30 PM Rally at Colorado State Capitol - Denver, CO
    8:00 PM Dinner with small donors - Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO

Thursday, October 29th (Nevada)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - The Maple Tree, Las Vegas, NV
    9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on the importance of higher education - College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV

...answering a student's question about community colleges...

"I'm glad you bring up this issue, Greg, because community colleges are an important vertebra in the backbone of industry which is America's higher education system. Community colleges provide an education not just to young students such as yourself, but also to those who wish to earn a degree when they are in their forties or fifties. This is particularly useful because a high school education is often not enough to land a good paying job in this country. I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to attend college - whether public, private, or community - because we need to remain competitive in our education standards in this country. We should make sure that the cost of college tuition remains fully tax-deductible and create larger programs to incentivize enrollment in a two-year college program."

11:00 AM Rally at Las Vegas City Hall - Las Vegas, NV
    1:00 PM Rally at Nevada State Capitol - Carson City, NV
    3:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Damonte Ranch High School - Reno, NV
    4:30 PM Rally at Reno City Hall - Reno, NV
    7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Harrah's Steakhouse - Reno, NV

Friday, October 30th (California)

8:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Mama's, San Francisco, CA
    10:00 AM Rally at Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

"My administration will not rest until our veterans, our children, our friends, and our neighbors are all able to take advantage of the opportunities that this great country provides. We will fight hard to pass fair, comprehensive, and real immigration reform and make sure - that through the DREAM Act and other legislation - no child of undocumented immigrants need fear that he or she will not get a chance to pursue the American Dream. We will not settle for anything less than marriage equality - in deed and in name. We will support our veterans and make sure that they are taken care of and honored, not faced with a choice between an unemployment line and another war. There shouldn't be TWO AMERICAS and there won't be under my administration!"

12:00 PM Fundraising lunch with major donors - The Fairmont, San Francisco, CA
    2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at University of California, Irvine - Irvine, CA
    5:00 PM Rally at Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles, CA
    8:00 PM Private reception with major donors - The Getty Center, Los Angeles, CA

Saturday, October 31st (Iowa and New York)

8:30 AM Visit to Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines, IA
    10:00 AM Rally at Iowa State Fairgrounds - Des Moines, IA
    12:30 PM Town Hall Meeting on the Dream Act at the University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA

"These young scholars and soldiers want only to give back to their community and we should do our utmost to keep them withing it. We want to make sure that every one of these young people can become American citizens so join me here today - in a state that was founded on the diversity of its pioneering immigrants - in making a commitment to passing this bill. As president, I will not rest until this legislation reaches my desk because I know that this great nation will remain great only if it invests in its young people and lives up to its great pluralistic heritage."

2:00 PM Town Hall Meeting at the Islamic Center of Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids, IA
    3:30 PM Rally at St. Mercy College - Cedar Rapids, IA
    7:30 PM Trick-or-Treating with Theodore and Henry Gillibrand - Brunswick, NY

Sunday, November 1st (New Hampshire)

9:00 AM Speech on "Leading America's Future" - Benedictine Park, Bedford, NH

"Why wants to win Bedford this fall? (crowd cheers) This election isn't about party, it's a choice between maintaining the status quo and restoring the American Dream. We must do our utmost to restore the vision of the Founders: that each American have the opportunity to advance himself and his family. This is a movement of the multitude because we are not divided groups, we are ONE, SINGLE, group: we are AMERICANS! We can do it! But we can only do it together!"

11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at Exeter High School - Exeter, NH
    1:30 PM Rally at Rochester Opera House - Rochester, NH
    3:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Pinkerton Academy - Derry, NH
    5:00 PM Appearing of FOX News 'Special Report' - via video-stream, Londonderry, NH
    7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Common Man restaurant, Windham, NH
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
    « Edited: February 05, 2012, 11:29:36 PM by mondale84 »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 2 - Nov. 8, 2015)

Monday, November 2nd (New Hampshire)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Nathaniel's Family Eatery, Nashua, NH
    9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Pennichuck Middle School - Nashua, NH
    11:30 AM Rally at City Hall with Senator Jeanne Shaheen- Nashua, NH

"The 'Live Free or Die' motto which makes New Hampshire famous inspires our movement. We believe that government should ensure that people in this country live in legitimate economic freedom. This is why we champion regulation that prohibits predatory bank lending and the ability to wage-discriminate based on race, gender, or sexual orientation. We believe that as Americans we have a right to freedom which is made possible through equality: both of opportunity and rights. After all, how can one be considered free if a fundamental part of a person's identity precludes them from enjoying their full rights. Our campaign to restore the American Dream is meant as a call to return this country to the economic freedom that has made it remarkable. We must use the rallying cries of freedom and equality to spread the message of equal opportunity!"

1:30 PM Meet and Greet - Mall at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH
    3:30 PM Visit and photo-op at the Josiah Bartlett House - Kingston, NH
    5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Old Custom House & Post Office - Portsmouth, NH
    7:00 PM Dinner with officers and men of the 157th Air Refueling Wing - Pease Air National Guard Base, Portsmouth, NH

Tuesday, November 3rd (Maine and New Hampshire)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Lincoln Middle School - Portland, ME
    10:30 AM Rally at Longfellow Square - Portland, ME
    1:00 PM Press Conference at Maine State House - Augusta, ME

...answering a question on the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Andrew Cuomo from the race...

"Both Mayor Emanuel and Governor Cuomo have been outstanding public servants. I appreciate Governor Cuomo's commitments at-home in New York state and I think he has done a terrific job and I look forward to working with him in the immediate future when it comes to best serving our mutual constituents.

Rahm Emanuel has been working incredibly hard in Chicago implementing successful - and if I may add much-needed - reforms of the city council and the municipal government. I appreciate his endorsement and I hope he may be able to join me on the campaign trail soon as he is person with brilliant ideas and great conviction. As to his proposal for universal national service, I appreciate the idea and I think it has great merit and should be something that should enter the national conversation. I personally do not support the idea of such a program being mandatory, but I think we should do everything to empower individuals to engage in such service if they so desire."

3:30 PM Round-table discussion with members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce - Bangor, ME
    5:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Crescent Park School - Bethel, ME
    8:00 PM Rally at City Hall - Conway, NH
    9:00 PM Interviews with Conway Daily Sun and Concord Monitor - on campaign en-route to Manchester, NH

Wednesday, November 4th (West Virginia and South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - First Watch restaurant, Charleston, WV
    10:00 AM Rally at Appalachian Power Park - Charleston, WV
    11:30 AM Interviews with WSAZ challen 3, WCHS-TV channel 8, WVAH channel 11, and WOWK channel 13 - the steps of the West Virginia State Capitol, Charleston, WV

...excerpt...

"I am visiting West Virginia today because I think it's important that people realize the degree to which American industry has seen a decline in industrial states. West Virginia has seen a large decrease in the mining industry here and I think that while some may cheer the decline of what many consider a potential pollutant, many people here in the Mountain State are suffering as a result. I think that the candidates need to start talking about what we can do to make sure that blue collar workers throughout the industrial heartland of the nation aren't left out to dry. I have a strong record in the Senate of defending the interests of the middle class and the movement we're leading to the White House is one that believes in the restoration of the American Dream. You CAN'T restore this dream unless you step the shedding of jobs in states like West Virginia."

1:00 PM Visit to Aracoma Coal Mine no. 2 - Holden, WV
    3:30 PM Visit to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center - Myrtle Beach, SC
    4:15 PM Meet and Greet at Coastal Grand Mall - Myrtle Beach, SC
    5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Palmetto Academy - Myrtle Beach, SC
    7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Trestle restaurant, Conway, SC

Thursday, November 5th (South Carolina)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Shady Rest Family Restaurant, Johnsonville, SC
    10:00 AM Town Hall meeting on restoring America's future at Hannah-Pamlico Middle School - Pamlico, SC
    12:00 PM Rally at Timrod Park - Florence, SC
    1:30 PM Speech on "Educating Future Workers - the Importance of A Technical Education" - Florence-Darlington Technical College, Florence, SC

"Look at the great training that this school can provide to the next generation of American workers. Too often, CEOs tell me that they have to outsource American jobs because they simply cannot find the same highly skilled workers here in the United States. Schools such as Florence-Darlington Technical College prove that this is not a necessary outcome. I want to make sure that schools such as Florence-Darlington have the resources and support they need to train the next generation of American workers. This fits in within my larger plan of ensuring that America countinues to LEAD THE FUTURE and doesn't take the productivity and skills of its current workforce for granted!"

3:30 PM Rally at Riley Park - Sumter, SC
    5:00 PM Dinner with officers and men of the US Air Force 20th Fighter Wing - Shaw Air Force Base, Sumter, SC
    7:00 PM Dinner and meet and greet - Clark's Restaurant, Santee, SC

Friday, November 6th (Florida)

10:00 AM Rally at Daytona International Speedway - Daytona Beach, FL
    12:00 PM Town Hall meeting on energy innovation - Enterprise Elementary School, Deltona, FL
    2:00 PM Rally at Tampa Bay Times Forum - Tampa, FL (20,000 attendees expected)

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, legal status,  or sexual orientation, we are ONE! The United States has always welcomed the most diverse group of human beings on this planet and we will make sure that this continues well into the future! We can do it! We will do it! And we will start this process in November!!!! THANK YOU!!!!"

4:00 PM Town Hall meeting at South Florida Community College - Lake Placid, FL
    6:00 PM Rally at University of Miami - Coral Gables, FL
    8:00 PM Fundraising Dinner with major Florida donors - Meat Market restaurant, Miami Beach, FL

Saturday, November 7th (Iowa)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Great River Christian School - Burlington, IA
    10:15 AM Sit-down interview with "The Hawk Eye," Iowa's oldest daily newspaper - Burlington, IA
    11:45 AM Visit to Iowa Mental Health Institute - Mt. Pleasant, IA
    1:00 PM Rally at Iowa Wesleyan College - Mt. Pleasant, IA
    2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at Fairfield High School - Fairfield, IA
    4:00 PM Rally at Sunset Park - Washington, IA
    6:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Paul Revere's Pizza, Columbus Junction, IA
    7:30 PM Meet and Greet - Jody's Bar, Mucatine, IA

Sunday, November 8th (New York)

9:00 AM Executing the 'Full Ginsburg' ("This Week" on ABC, "Fox News Sunday" on Fox, "Face the Nation" on CBS, "Meet the Press" on NBC, "State of the Union" on CNN, and "Al Punto" on Univision) - first person to EVER appear on all 6 Sunday-morning talk-shows

...excerpt...

...I think the American people have themselves initiated the 'call to arms' that our campaign seeks to promote. People across this country are frustrated because often they feel that, however hard they may work - whatever the amount of effort they pour in - they are stuck in a rut. That is not what America was founded on. This country represents the world's last best hope for democracy. BUT, more importantly, it represents one of the few places on earth where people believe that through hard work one achieve great success.

This reality is under threat and we must confront this threat and prevent it from distorting the true goals of America. This century must and will remain an American century because American entrepreneurs will find a solution to global warming, will discover new sources of energy, and will ensure that the nation we leave our children and grandchildren is greater than the one we inherited. To do this, we must have a forward-looking vision which invests in America's future rather than leaving it to chance. The Republican nominee will argue that government should not interfere to level the playing in this country. Instead, he will espouse corporate personhood and reject the notion that the greatness of this country comes not from its businesses, but from its people. Our vision promotes the importance of the individual American LEADING THE FUTURE and the government helping to invest in this future!

mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign Statement on Gov. Brian Sandoval's Remarks in Phoenix:

"Earlier today, Republican candidate for President Brian Sandoval vilified the economic records of both President Obama and Senator Gillibrand. For a governor whose state numbers 46th in job creation, it's no surprise he stoops to attack others' records rather than defending his own. That Senator Dean Heller supports the failed economic policies of Governor Sandoval should also not come as any great surprise. Sen. Heller has consistently stood on the side of job exporters instead of defending the interests of the American worker. Senator Gillibrand has a proven record as a champion of the middle class and she stands by her record and is proud of it."
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 9 - Nov. 15, 2015)

Monday, November 9th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Hamburg Inn, Iowa City, IA
    9:30 AM Town Hall meeting on education reform at Iowa City High School - Iowa City, IA
    11:30 AM Rally at City Hall at Iowa Old Capitol Building - Iowa City, IA

"Iowa had a lot of capitals while it was a US territory and the building behind me was the first capitol of the state of Iowa. We chose this site because it represents an important transition period in the history of the state of Iowa: a time when this state was becoming full-integrated into the Union. The settlers that settled this territory and erected this building believed in the dream that we still cherish to this day: that anyone in this great country can be someone! The American Dream is that we are a people that have the potential - and should have the opportunity - to do big things! Neither government nor other entities should be allowed to get in the way of the American Spirit. This isn't a socialist idea! This isn't class warfare! Our movement is about empowering the American people and the people of this country have had enough of those who seek to disenfranchise them from the American Dream. They are saying: Get out of our way! We want the Dream back!"

1:30 PM Meet and Greet - Coral Ridge Mall, Coralville, IA
    3:30 PM Visit to Iowa Medical Classification Center - Coralville, IA
    5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Longfellow School - Belle Plaine, IA
    7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Trojan Inn, Toledo, IA

Tuesday, November 10th (Iowa)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Iowa Valley Community College - Marshalltown, IA
    10:30 AM Rally at Marshalltown Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Marshalltown, IA
    1:00 PM Press Conference at Iowa Department of Transportation - Ames, IA

...answering a question on road safety and acquisition of driver's licenses...

"I think it's an imperative that states standardize safety and license standards. I'm not necessarily calling on all states to adopt the same age restrictions, but I think in terms of what rules of the road you need to know in order to get behind the wheel of a car, those should probably be fairly homogeneous among the states. But this goes back to a larger question of reducing bureaucracy not just at the national level, but also at the state level. Republicans love to criticize the federal government, but let's remember that the vast majority of public sector employees are employed at the state level. I think they do a great job, but I think some of the redundancies and the inefficiencies of government can be resolved at the state level as well as at the federal."

3:30 PM Round-table discussion with members of the Greater Des Moines Partnership - Des Moines, IA
    5:00 PM Interviews with KCCI Channel 8, WHO-TV channel 13, KDSM-TV channel 17, WOI-TV channel 5 - on the steps of the Iowa State Capitol, Des Moines, IA
    7:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Winterset Elementary School - Winterset, IA

Wednesday, November 11th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Old Hotel, Greenfield, IA
    9:30 AM Rally at Fontanelle Public Library - Fontanelle, IA
    11:00 AM Interviews with KSOM 96.5 FM - on campaign bus en-rote to Atlantic, IA
    11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at YMCA - Atlantic, IA

"Someone told me that Atlantic got its name because the town founders thought it was half-way between the Atlantic and the Pacific and flipped a coin to decide between the two names. While we now know that Atlantic isn't in the exact middle, we recognize the significance of this anecdote to Atlantic's identity. This town is a part of the American heartland: the farming communities that built this country and that still sustain it today. I'm here because I believe in the hard work that this community does every day. I'm here because I want to hear your voices. Because I think you should have a representative in the White House who understands the bare knuckle workers of this country. I am honored to be in Iowa and to have meet so many truly amazing people in my travels. I will compete for your votes in the primary, but more importantly, I will be back in the Fall! We will ensure that our dreams live on and that you have a representative in the White House who understands your needs, your wants, and your aspirations!"

1:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Walnut Elementary School - Walnut, IA
    3:30 PM Meet and Greet at Penny's Visions Gallery - Neola, IA
    5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Underwood High School - Underwood, IA
    7:30 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - The Rose restaurant, Treynor, IA

Thursday, November 12th (Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Sugars Diner, Council Bluffs, IA
    10:00 AM Town Hall meeting at Iowa School for the Deaf - Council Bluffs, IA
    12:00 PM Rally at Union Pacific Museum - Council Bluffs, IA
    1:30 PM Visit and Speech at Alegent Health Community Memorial Hospital - Missouri Valley, IA

"While the Affordable Care act went a long way in insuring that the highest of Americans in history and insured, we have much progress to make. Premiums are too high, and paperwork abundant. We must streamline the healthcare system by encouraging providers to digitize patient records so that they are available to a network of care providers. Take Alegent Memoria, for example, this hospital has cut overhead costs by 30% simply by getting rid of costly paper records and replacing them with digital equivalents. In so doing, the cost of providing care has gone down while the quality of care has remained high. We must ensure that this model can be used throughout the nation. Republicans like to criticize bureaucracy, but they too often fail to offer their own proposals. I won't. I'll take a bold stand: let's cut bureaucracy, let's simplify the paper trail, and let's save the taxpayer some money!"

3:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Onawa Public Library - Onawa, IA
    5:00 PM Meet and Greet at Southern Hills Mall - Sioux City, IA
    7:00 PM Dinner and meet and greet - Black Bear Diner, Sioux City, IA

Friday, November 13th (New Hampshire)

10:00 AM Rally at New Hampshire State House - Concord, NH
    12:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Concord Senior High School - Concord, NH
    2:00 PM Rally at SEE Science Center - Manchester, NH (10,000 attendees expected)

"We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, legal status,  or sexual orientation, we are ONE! The United States has always welcomed the most diverse groups of people and we will make sure that this continues well into the future! THANK YOU!!!!"

4:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Saint Anselm College - Manchester, NH
    6:00 PM Rally at North Common - Nashua, NH
    7:30 PM Fundraising Dinner with major donors - Surf restaurant, Nashua, NH

Saturday, November 14th (South Carolina)

9:00 AM Town Hall meeting at AC Flora High School - Columbia, SC
    10:15 AM Sit-down interviews with "The State", "The Free Times", "The Columbia Star", "Columbia City Paper", "SC Black News", and "Columbia Metropolitan Magazine" - campaign bus, Columbia, SC
    11:45 AM Meeting with South Carolina Alliance of Black School Educators - Columbia, SC
    1:00 PM Meet and Greet at Parkland Shopping Center - Columbia, SC
    2:30 PM Town Hall Meeting at SCRA-Trident Research Center - Charleston, Sc
    4:00 PM Rally at North Charleston Coliseum - Charleston, SC (15 attendees expected)
    6:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Boulevard Diner, Mt. Pleasant, SC

Sunday, November 15th (South Carolina)

9:00 AM Breakfast and meet and greet - Stax Omega, Greenville, SC
    11:00 AM Town Hall meeting on social programs - Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center - Greenville, SC
    12:30 PM Rally at Sirrine Stadium - Greenville, SC

"This idea we extend to the nation that makes us great. We believe in leaving for our children a better country - a more perfect Union - than that which our parents left us. To this end, I am running for President to renew the promise of America, to make sure that everyone has a chance to live out this dream - this American Dream - and that no one can truly say, in their heart of hearts, that the deck is stacked against them and that the lot they are born into will be theirs forever. Support the movement I am leading and I promise you that though the journey will be difficult and the adversities many to overcome, we will overcome them and we will emerge stronger and lead our country into the brighter days that can and must await!"

3:00 PM Rally at University of South Carolina Upstate - Spartanburg, SC
    4:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church - Spartanburg, SC
    6:40 PM Watch movie with husband - Regal Westgate Mall Cinema 8 - Spartanburg, SC

Statement from the Gillibrand Campaign:

Our movement continues to enjoy widespread and grassroots support. We will be releasing a new ad - entitled Strength of a Woman - in the Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida media markets. The ad buy is valued at $7 million. We expect to be increasing the frequency and scope of our advertisements (both television and internet) in the coming weeks. Thank you for your ongoing support. Let's continue to fight to RESTORE THE DREAM and LEAD THE FUTURE.
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »

Statement by the Gillibrand Campaign on Senator Claire McCaskill's Endorsement:

"Senator Gillibrand is honored by the great endorsement she received today from Missouri
    Senator Claire McCaskill
    . Senator McCaskill has a strong record of standing up for middle class families and the interests of the American worker. Kirsten's vision to RESTORE THE DREAM aims to embody the same values that have made Claire and Kirsten such great partners in the Senate. We welcome Senator McCaskill's support and hope that her supporters will join ours in advancing the cause of the American middle class throughout this primary process and into the general election. The American Dream is being renewed and we're going to ensure that it remains possible as we continue our fight to win in November!"
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:25 AM »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - Public Schedule (Nov. 16 - Nov. 22, 2015)

Monday, November 16th (Florida and Ohio)

8:00 AM Meet and Greet - Edgewood Bakery, Jacksonville, FL
    11:00 AM Rally at Friendship Fountain - Jacksonville, FL

"I chose this fountain today because I think we can all agree that friendship is something that can often be forgotten in the world of national politics. Too often, politicians disregard basic interpersonal relationships to score cheap political points. Interaction with colleagues and friends from across the aisle is discouraged - and even among members of one's own party - the attacks persist. Just look at the Republican primary in this race: they are vilifying their opposition, not engaging it. That's something that we have to change in Washington so that politicians are more concerned with bridging their differences than increasing them. Our Founders wanted us to come together to form a more PERFECT Union, not a more fractured one. As a member of the Senate Women's caucus and as part of the Democratic Leadership Team in the Senate, I have done my utmost to reach across the aisle and see where politicians from different regional and cultural backgrounds can interact for the good of the country. Finding common ground is the foundation this country was built on; as with the restoration of the American Dream, we must return to the Founders' principles!"

2:30 PM Visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Cleveland, OH
    4:00 PM Rally at Progressive Field - Cleveland, OH (35,000 attendees expected)
    5:30 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner at Normandy High School - Parma, OH
    8:00 PM Fundraising dinner with major bundlers - Blue Point Grille, Cleveland, OH

Tuesday, November 17th (Indiana and Iowa)

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Shelby St. Diner, Indianapolis, IN
    10:30 AM Press-conference at Indiana Statehouse - Indianapolis, IN

...answering a question on swing states...

"AI think Indiana is an incredibly important state in the general election. President Obama won it in 2008 and Speaker Gingrich won it four years ago. I don't think it is out of reach and, if fact, I want to make it perfectly clear: reclaiming the American Dream isn't limited by state boundaries. It is a movement that is embraced by people all across this great country and I will make sure that this campaign does everything in its power to remain competitive in all 50 states. It may start in Indiana, but it doesn't end here! I think our message resonates well with the industrial heartland of this country and I think that we will be heading to victory in the Hoosier State next November!"

1:00 PM Rally at Lake County Superior Courthouse - Gary, IN
    3:00 PM Visit and photo-op at the Claim House - Davenport, IA
    4:30 PM Rally at Mays Island - Cedar Rapids, IA
    6:00 PM Town Hall meeting and potluck dinner - North High School, Sioux City, IA

Wednesday, November 18th (South Dakota) Great Plains Bus Tour

8:30 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Whisk and Chop, Sioux Falls, SD
    11:00 AM Speech on "Conserving our Landscape" - Falls of the Big Sioux River, Sioux Falls, SD

"Look a these falls! What a treasure that we've inherited! And what a treasure to pass on to our children! (audience cheers) We need to remember this because environmental preservation isn't - as some would claim - meant as a hindrance to business development. Preserving the environment is something that is good for its own ends - to preserve an ecosystem, to maintain the pristine appearance of our national treasures - but that is also good four our personal benefit. Ensuring that pollutants aren't dumped into waterways - such as the Big Sioux River - not only ensures that this river will remain safe and limpid for generations to come, it also protects our water supply and ensures that our own health is preserved."

2:00 PM Lunch and Meet and Greet - Michelle's Marina, Chamberlain, SD
    3:30 PM Visit to Ft. Pierre National Grassland - Ft. Pierre, SD
    5:00 PM Rally at South Dakota State Capitol - Pierre, SD
    7:30 PM Town Hall on wind energy at Selby High School - Selby, SD
    8:30 PM Fundraising dinner with major donors - RDG Grill Room, Houston, TX

Thursday, November 19th (North Dakota) Great Plains Bus Tour

11:00 AM Brunch and Meet and Greet - Harvest Restaurant and Grill, Linton, ND
    2:30 PM Rally at Bismarck State College - Bismarck, ND
    3:45 PM Visit and press conference to St. Alexius Medical Center - Bismarck, ND

...answering a question on rising insurance prices...

"First of all, I think that not enough has been done in dealing with rising premiums. This is an across-the-board problem, but it especially affects seniors and I think that there are common-sense ways to solve this problem. First, we should make sure there is free competition on the open market and that no insurance company is being given any preferential tax treatment over any other company in the market. Second, I think that overhead costs are very high - especially in our public hospitals. Since these hospitals are indeed public, we can and must make sure that their costs are reigned in. This doesn't have to affect the quality of care: digitizing records is something that can save vast quantities of money and I think that such an option should be explored for all public hospitals. Finally, if the price of premiums continue to rise, we should consider a healthcare tax credit, especially for those over 50 and not eligible for Medicaid."

7:00 PM Dinner and Meet and Greet - Little Missouri Saloon and Dining Room, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora, ND

Friday, November 20th (Montana) Great Plains Bus Tour

8:00 AM Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Gallagher's Family Restaurant, Miles City, MT
    9:15 AM Town Hall Meeting at Miles Community College - Miles, MT
    12:30 PM Rally at Montana State University - Billings, MT

"Montana has been always been a state that LEADS THE FUTURE! The ranchers and pioneers that traveled out here to tame this wild land had a vision, a dream, for their future and that of their country. They did their job well and we honor legacy and look up to their vision. That's why we need to elect someone as president who has a vision for the future: a clear vision of what this country is built on and where it is headed. Specific proposals are great - and I have already enumerated many - but we have to make sure that these proposals fall within a specific vision for this Nation's future. I have that vision: WE MUST LEAD THE FUTURE!"

6:00 PM Town Hall meeting at Capital High School - Helena, MT
    7:30 PM Sit-down interviews with KTVH channel 12, KHBB-LP channel 21, and KXLH-LP channel 25 - campaign bus, near Helena, MT

Saturday, November 21st (Wyoming) Great Plains Bus Tour

10:00 AM Fundraising Breakfast - The Bunnery Bakery & Restaurant - Jackson, WY
    11:30 AM Town Hall meeting at Colter Elementary School - Jackson, WY
    2:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Shoshoni Elementary School - Shoshoni, WY

"You don't see many presidential candidates around, do you Shoshoni? (crowd cheers) Well, I wanted to break the streak because I've been speaking to people all across this country over the past few months and they all ask me the same thing: where did the American Dream go? There is desperation and stress in their eyes and there shouldn't be, because we are the United States of America and we do big things! We want the Dream back and we will get it back! Won't we?! (crowd cheers 'YES') We will and we must! Let's LEAD THE FUTURE and RESTORE THE DREAM!"

5:30 PM Town Hall meeting at Casper Community College - Casper, WY

Sunday, November 22nd (Colorado)

Day of Rest in Arapaho National Forrest with Gillibrand boys - Colorado

Note:
    The ad Strength of a Woman began airing this week and the $7 million early state buy will expand to $12 million and will increase its coverage to include Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico, and Southern Texas.
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

Kirsten Gillibran Rally in Des Moines: Post-Iowa Caucus

THANK YOU IOWA!!!!

We won tonight because of the confidence that the American people have in the future. The American people want to LEAD THE FUTURE and the wan to RECLAIM THE DREAM. This vision of America as a place where equality of opportunity is what should be strived for is something that Americans throughout the course of this campaign have told me matters to them. There is a feeling among many Americans that the American dream is slowly slipping away: that we are no longer standing on the shoulders of our parents and grandparents as we seek the pursuit of happiness. There is a fear that we are sinking under the weight of government institutions which don't do enough to ensure the continuity of the middle class existence this country so cherishes.

The movement we are leading seeks to fundamentally change how the institutions of this great land serve its citizens: WE want to make government smarter, less bureaucratic, and more nimble. WE want to pass the DREAM Act, ensure marriage equality and ensure employment opportunities for our veterans so that no one in this country is considered a second-class citizen. WE want to rebuilding our roads and bridges, strengthen our rail networks, and devevelop the most cutting edge green technologies so that American business can continue to compete in the decades ahead. Fundamentally, WE - the American People - want to restore the American Dream!!

This dream is what defines America and we must ensure its reality for the coming generations. Our opponents will say that such projects are a waste of time, energy, and resources. They will attack the desire to ensure equality of opportunity as socialism and will distort my record and inflate their own. We can't allow this election to be about trivial attacks. We must make this election about the future!

I need your help so that together we can build an America that is prouder, stronger and better.

Thank YOU and God Bless the United States of America!
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 12:07:23 AM »

Speech by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - delivered Feb 13, 2016 at sunset- Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO

Across this great land, Americans of all races, creeds, and political affiliations live in the aura of the American Dream. You and I - Irish, Baptist, Republican, Catholic, Latino, Protestant, Democrat, Gay, Independent, Straight - WE may have some differences. Yes, we share divergent heritage, worship in different churches, and love different people, but we are all AMERICAN. We all believe in an America that is strong, prosperous and that has an eye to the future.

Over the past eight years, America has seen its fair share of glory and setbacks. Yet, America has never been a country defining exclusively by its past. We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial people who want to grab life by the scruff of the neck and never look back. From here in Kansas, the Heart of America, we are reminded of the entrepreneurial spirit that forged this country into what it is.

Too great are we to allow for the spirit, the SOUL, of our great to vanish from our heartland. The amber waves of grain will remain the most majestic and inspiring the world has ever known only if we continue to believe in ourselves. Don't believe those who want to paint a vision of a gloomy, declining nation.

IT'S MORNING IN AMERICA.

[thunderous applause]

And it will always be morning in America if we only continue to believe in the power of our spirit. The economic, international and social challenges that greet us can only be met with temerity and resolve. A determination that is uniquely American.

We can do it.

Fundamentally, WE - the American People - want to ensure the continuity of the American Dream!!

This dream is what defines America and we must ensure its reality for the coming generations. The naysayers will challenge our projects as too ambitious, too unreachable. They will test our belief in America.

But in the end, America will rise stronger. As it always does. We need to work together to build an America that is prouder, stronger and better.

Thank YOU and God Bless the United States of America!

Schedule for Feb 15-21

Monday-Thursday - Campaign Bus Tour of Mississippi Valley - Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana
    Friday- Saturday - Texas Bus Tour
    Sunday - Voter registration drives and battleground planning - El Paso, TX
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
    « Edited: March 07, 2012, 09:24:10 PM by mondale84 »

SENATOR GILLIBRAND PRESS CONFERENCE - JULY 2
    Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Today I am here to announce as my choice a running mate who has always put service to those he represents above partisan political priorities. A pragmatist with a penchant for candor and compassion, he has fought for the hard working families of this state and ensured that an American Dream remains possible in the great state of Arkansas. Ladies and gentleman, I am proud to welcome to share the Democratic ticket this November with Mike Beebe!

While searching for a running mate, Mike's record stuck out. To Mike, there are no such things as 'Democratic ideas or Republican ideas' only 'good ideas' and 'bad ideas.' This American approach outlined his successful tenure as governor of the Razorback State. For a movement that aspires to reclaim the American Dream and to believe and trust in a stronger, greater, and better America, we now have the help of a man who has fought for the interests of his constituents rather than some narrow interest group. 

Mike was raised by a single mother who raised her son on a waitress’s tips. She taught him the value of hard work and the importance of a strong education. As Governor, Mike made these values the cornerstone of his administration.  Understanding that education and job growth are inseparable, Governor Beebe led record improvements in Arkansas’s education system. Arkansas ranked in the top ten in the nation in education policies and student achievement.

During his 8-year tenure as governor, he drew dozens of new businesses to Arkansas by reducing taxes on both corporations and individuals. Mike will be a strong partner as we tackle inflation and reduction of the National Debt. As a governor who balanced multiple state budgets, I think he can give us a just a little bit of help on the latter.

[Audience laughter]

Mike is - like me - a true believer when it comes to understanding strength of the American worker and the core values that bind us all together as Americans. Governor Mike Beebe has dedicated more than two decades of his life to serving the people of Arkansas. From state senator to attorney general and governor, he has remained focused on fiscal responsibility, education and economic development.  Mike Beebe believes in America and that – working together – we can build a more prosperous future for ourselves, our children and generations to come.

We can use more of his common-sense approach in Washington and I look forward to him being my Vice President!

Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America!"
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand Campaign Schedule: July 11th-17th

Monday
    Town Hall Meeting in Tysons Corner, VA
    Rally in Fredericksburg, VA
    Rally in Virginia Beach, VA

Tuesday
    Breakfast Meet and Greet - Raleigh, NC
    Rally - Fayetteville, NC
    Small Donor Fundraiser - Charlotte, NC
    Town Hall Meeting - Asheville, NC

Wednesday
    Town Hall Meeting and Stump Speech - Knoxville, TN
    Campaign Rally - Chattanooga, TN
    Rally at LP Field - Nashville, TN
    Rally at Overton Park - Memphis, TN
    Fundraising dinner - Memphis, TN

Thursday
    Breakfast and Meet and Greet - West Memphis, AR
    Tour of University of Arkansas Medical Center and speech - Little Rock, AR
    Town Hall Meeting - Arkadelphia, AR
    Rally at Veterans Park - Shreveport, LA
    Dinner and Meet and Greet at Creole Diamond Grill - Alexandria, LA
    Sunset Rally at Perkins Ferry park - Lake Charles, LA

Friday
    Speech at Beaumont Amtrak Station - Beaumont, TX
    Rally at Minute Maid Park - Houston, TX
    Town Hall Meeting - Victoria, TX
    Speech at Del Mar Technical Institute - Corpus Christi, TX
    Rally at Sun Bowl Stadium - El Paso, TX
    Sunset Rally at Young Park - Las Cruces, NM

Saturday
    Breakfast and Meet and Greet - Truth or Consequences, NM
    Rally at University of New Mexico - Albuquerque, NM
    Town Hall Meeting - Holbrook, AZ
    Rally at Northern Arizona University - Flagstaff, AZ
    Rally at Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ
    Fundraising Dinner - Phoeniz, AZ

Sunday
    Appearance on Meet the Press via satellite link - Las Vegas, NV
    Rally at University of Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
    Town Hall Meeting - Beatty, NV
    Town Hall Meeting - Tonopah, NV
    Town Hall Meeting - Ely, NV
    Town Hall Meeting - Elko, NV
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand at LP Field in Nashville, Tennessee on July 13

"One of the great things about this movement that we're leading to take back the American Dream is that it's a grassroots movement! Ensuring that every family and individual in this country  has the possibility of living out his dreams of pursuing his or her happiness isn't a regional or state pursuit. This is something that people all over America are clamoring for. To Reclaim the Dream! That's why Governor Beebe and I are intent on putting every state in play. Our opponents say we can't do this. They say they're going to win the South."

[boos from the crowd]

"That's what they try to do folks. They try to divide us. They try to pit Tennessee against New York, Alabama against Oregon, Montana against Nebraska. Let's say no to the politics of division and yes to the politics of inclusion. This campaign will be about American interests, not about regional jealousies. Because the problems we face aren't Southern problems or Plains problems, or Rocky Mountain West problems. These labels are cumbersome and inaccurate. The challenges we are going to stare down from Day 1 in the Oval Office are problems that affect this whole country. That's why I believe in talking and hearing people from all this vast land. I want to hear the people's feedback and diverse opinions.

I picked Mike Beebe also for this reason. Because Mike and I might not see eye to eye on every issue, but we can work together and bring together a whole host of different viewpoints and ideologies. Despite our occasional differences, Mike and I fundamentally believe in the important steps that government can take to ensure that the American Dream remains a possibility. From making sure Wall Street doesn't gamble away our retirement to caring for and assisting returning veterans, we believe in America which looks out for its citizens. Our opponents, in their monolithic vision, choose not to acknowledge the grueling challenges facing middle-class families around this country. They think prosperity can be insured by giving generous tax breaks to a wealthy few while having the middle class foot the bill. They say that this is the only way to create jobs.

This isn't true because in a consumer economy, the only way that the economy can continue to prosper is if people spend money. How are America's working people to do this if the system forces them to live paycheck-to-paycheck, meal-to-meal without hope for the future?  The Gillibrand administration will cut taxes for the middle class and ensure the continuity of the American Dream so that America's working families are no longer worried about putting food on the table!"
    mondale84
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »

Sen. Gillibrand on Sen Hagel's Remarks about the Republican Ticket

"I am in complete agreement with Gov. Christie. I think Sen. Hagel's remarks were entirely inappropriate to this campaign and I hope he retracts such destructive and distracting comments. Military service is a wonderful thing that people choose to give to their country and it is specifically that: a choice. An honorable choice which we as Americans hold in the highest esteem. I think I speak for both the major party tickets when I praise the patriotic service of our fellow Americans. Nevertheless, I don't think military service is a pre-requisite for the office of the presidency and I think that both Governor Sandoval and I have served our country and our respective states and are qualified for the Presidency. Let's focus on these issues and refrain from such distracting comments."
    Pages: [1]  
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies