2016 Election Game - Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:55:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game - Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game - Game Thread  (Read 73444 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 27, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »

Meet the Press- August 2015

David Gregory- “Senator Hagel, thank you for joining us this morning. I understand you have an announcement to make.”

Chuck Hagel- “David, thank you for having me on your show. I am here to tell you and to tell the American people that after much thought and even more prayer, I have decided to run for President next year as an independent candidate. I have been a soldier, a businessman, and a Senator among other things in my career and I have not seen a time in my life where American has been more broken, where radicals on both sides are controlling the agenda, where rhetoric has been more nasty, personal, and violent. The American people are fed up with a system that doesn’t honor them or our founders and I am running outside of the party system. My platform is not liberal or conservative- it is made up of good ideas… a strong national defense, an economic system that allows any one in America to do better then their parents did, a spending plan to balance the budget that asks for a little more from the wealthiest Americans, an education plan that gives power to parents, a health care plan that doesn’t mandate the Amerian people to do anything. I will spend this campaign talking about these ideas and how they will help the American people- I will NOT spend it on attack ads, straw polls, or other gimmicks. I am beginning a campaign, but more importantly I am beginning a conversation with the people.”
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Chuck Hagel Schedule: September 14-20

9/14- Face the Nation Interview
9/15- Fox and Friends Interview, Speech and Q&A at The Citadel Military Academy, South Carolina
9/16- The View Interview, Speech to American Legion Post 286, Orlando, FL, Foreign Policy Speech at University of Central Florida
9/17- Speech to The Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA, Social Issues, Local TV Interviews
9/18- Opening of National Campaign Headquarters, Omaha, Nebraska
9/19- Speech at Woodmen of the World HQ, Omaha, Nebraska- Economic Policy, Wolf Blitzer Interview
9/20- Rest

Excerpts

The Citadel Speech
"It is a sad that today, many of our nations leaders never served in uniform. You look at men like Governor Christie or Governor Cuomo- good leaders both- neither took the time to serve in the military. I learned how to be a leader in Vietnam like John McCain did, like John Kerry Did. Look at Bob Dole, at George HW Bush, at Ford and Nixon and Kennedy... what has happened to our leaders that they choose not to serve..."

Commonwealth Club Speech
"I will run this campaign to inspire, not to divide. I will not run a campaign based upon prejudice against gays and lesbians, or a campaign against science, I will run a campaign for a strong, united America."

Woodmen of the World Speech
"The problem with our economy is gridlock. When you have two sides unwilling to meet halfway, unwilling to compromise, and unwilling to tackle the hard problems. This is Washington at its worst, and our grandchildren's grandchildren will feel the affects of it."

Face the Nation Interview
Schieffer- "You have criticized Governor Christie for being 'unpresidential'...can you explain?"
Hagel- "Sure...I like Chris Christie. He shoots from the hip. But "Get the hell of the beach" and screaming into a microphone at a constituent doesn't work in international negotiations.  He is simply not a statesman. I agree with him on many issues and I admire his bluntness, but he needs to grow up before we send him as our chief diplomat to secure world peace."

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Chuck Hagel Interview- O'Reilly Factor

O'Reilly- "Senator Hagel you have made a point in this campaign to point out the fact that many of our elected leaders nowadays haven't served in the military. You served in the Army. You were a Sergeant and you served in Vietnam. Can you explain to the American people why that is so important?

Hagel- "Bill- wind the clocks back about 40 years. The vast majority of Congress had served in the military in World War I, World War II or Korea. Go back to 88, you had WWII heroes George Bush and Bob Dole duking it out, you had Bob Kerrey, a Medal of Honor winner I served with as a fellow Nebraska Senator, against Paul Simon, a Korea vet. Now, the only other person running for President aside from me who is a veteran is Allen West, some one that I have great respect for. None of the other candidates have served their country in the military. Hell- we all know Christie could never pass a PFT. But it is a crisis of leadersip when the majority of those seeking to beour Commander-in-Chief haven't been in uniform, haven't sacrificed the way veterans have.  It is a sad indicator of the state of our politics."
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »

Chuck Hagel on This Week 9/29

Stephanopolous- "Senator Hagel, you have been critical of the political system in general but your attacks on Governor Christie have been particularly notable- can you explain what problem you have with the Governor?"

Hagel- "George, I have no issue with Governor Christie personally but he is simply  not suited for the job of President of the United States. Besides his questionable health, the man has serious flaws in his leadership style. Being brash, uncompromising, profane, and loud might work in New Jersey- it doesn't work when you're our chief diplomat to the world. We don't need a President Tony Soprano. We need to move beyond these characitures of themselves and find someone who moves beyond our discourse. People say a statesman is a politician who has been dead for 15 years... I am working to be a statesman today because that is what the American people need and deserve."
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »

Chuck Hagel on Chris Christie

"Chris Christie likes to think of himself as a tough guy... he looks in the mirror and sees Tony Soprano- I look at him and I see a Jersey Shore character in a fat suit. If he was tough he would have served our nation in uniform instead of serving himself at every buffet in Jersey... that phony macho bullsh**t doesnt work when you are at the table with the world community. I hope I can face him in the general so I can put an end to the charade"
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

A statement released by the Hagel campaign read as follows-
"We look forward to comparing the record of a distinguishd leader Senator Hagel  to the syphilitic Governor of Nevada who has refused to serve his nation in uniform. "
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

Hagel campaign spokesman on Sandoval
"Governor Sandoval must address the issue of whether or not he is a syphilitic-"
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »

Chuck Hagel to Spokesman

"You are a naughty spokesman now aren't you- I'm going to have to give you a spanking for that kind of crap... you are fired from this campaign- the fact that Governor Sandoval is afflicted with syphilis will not be the focus of my campaign... instad I will focus on the fact that he chose not to serve his nation in uniform when he couldh ave."
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »

Senator Hagel on Sandoval-
"I sure am glad to see the Governor out there campaigning... I have heard syphilitics often can't rise from bed- to see him doing so well is fabulous. I just hope those folks he meets wash their hands afterwards"
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »

Senator Hagel's spokesman-
"Senator Hagel congratulates Senator Gillibrand for choosing a running mate with military experience- even if he was a reservist, Governor Beebe answered his call. Compare this to the Republican ticket- a syphilitic and a human hot air balloon- neither of whom have served their nation in uniform. Senator Hagel looks forward to debating these chickenhawks..."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies