Looking for large Australian/Canadian electorates/ridings templates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Looking for large Australian/Canadian electorates/ridings templates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for large Australian/Canadian electorates/ridings templates  (Read 18288 times)
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« on: January 27, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »

Smid... i hope this wont upset you, but Nova Scotia has begun a process of redistribution... so by the time your map is done you might need a new one Tongue

and its causing some "news" since the gov't is going to toss out the minority (acadian and black) designated ridings (Richmond, Clare and Argyle are Acadian and Preston was the "black" one yet hasn't elected a black MLA since i think the 90's)
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

Was Preston even majority black? I know the town of Preston itself was. I saw a show about that town, the people there still have southern accents. (it was one of the destinations of the underground railroad)

Looks like it says 2/3rds are black... but the problem is they are under quota (only 19000 residents 2006) in the ridings. Yvonne Atwell (NDP 98-99) was the last black MLA

Argyle - 8000+
Clare - almost 9000
Richmond - 10000
... so these three "acadian" ridings for sure are going to change drastically, Preston less so
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies