Whig Party National Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51669 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2012, 06:40:27 PM by His Most Serene Excellency Simfan34 »

I feel as if the social and economic right is poorly represented in the new party layout, and while they're not as great a proportion of the Atlasian voter body as they are elsewhere, I am founding the Communitarian Party of Atlasia. I'll draft a platform tomorrow, but meanwhile, you can enjoy these proposed logos:

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:04 AM »

I like your plan and your logos. Maybe we as conservatives can continue the discussion of what path we would like to purse in the "Right to Life Caucus" thread?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »

I doubt that I could ever join your party, but maximum respect for those beautiful logos.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »

United We Stand!
Ladies and Gentelmen, I hereby propose merger of Whig Party and CPA.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »

I am interested in a Communitarian Party even though I may be too far right economically to fit that description in the most superficial political sense (though I maintain many of my underlying instincts have been communitarian in nature since before I knew what communitarian was). If the RPP dissolution goes through, I will give this party serious consideration.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

I'm not quite sure where you're going with this, but I'm interested.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

Define 'family.'
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 09:19:52 PM by Simfan34 »

DRAFT PLATFORM

We, the members of the Communitarian Party, desirous of the advancement of the state of Atlasia, our country, and the preservation of its society, believe:

-That the foundation of a democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society is the family and community.
-That we simultaneously re-affirm the idea of personal responsibility, aided via the community.
-That the greatest long-term crisis facing Atlasia today is the decline of social capital and community, which shall eventually come to harm that democratic, peaceful, and prosperous society we enjoy.
-That greatest power in the land is not the State, whether Federal or Regional, but instead the community and the individual.

-That the government is not the arbiter nor origin of economic growth, but rather a force than can and should be used to assisted the marketplace in its growth, in the interests of community and the nation.
-That the model of free and unrestricted two-way trade is the optimal model for trade between nations
-That the government is, by nature, the power that can best provide certain resources and services to society.
-The government should regulate trade and industry to maximize social equity, while in a manner that does not impede the normal functioning of the economy
-That welfare is meant to temporarily assist, not provide for, the people

-That Atlasia must be mindful of its being the world's foremost power
-That military conflict, in general, is counter to the well-being of man and thus must be avoided unless necessary
-That diplomacy, not warfare, is the cornerstone of foreign relations
-That multilateralism and collective security- a community of nations- is the best way to advance Atlasia's interests abroad
-That the goals set out in foreign interventions must be achieved.

-That the maintenance of tradition is an integral part of society
-That the concepts of "rights" and "entitlements" must be balanced by an awareness of responsibilities obligations to others
-That the life of all must be defended, and so both executions and abortion must be made rare
-That the promotion of culture and science is an integral function of society and its organizations.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »

-That gay and lesbian Atlasians are the equals of their heterosexual counterparts, but tradition must be considered

Bullsh-t
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »

I really like this platform. Once the RPP dissolves, I may join the CPA!

Fellow members of the Right to Life Caucus, wouldn't it be a good idea to join this new party?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »

I need to know more about foreign policy... this sounds based on UN and seems a bit isolationist

How would this party feel about Iran developing a nuke?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »

I need to know more about foreign policy... this sounds based on UN and seems a bit isolationist

How would this party feel about Iran developing a nuke?
We dislike military intervention, but when it is necessary we shall use it.

We stand opposed to Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, and while we would prefer a diplomatic solution, all option must be considered.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »

I can support that policy though I would be on the hawk side... I  thing the Whig Party would be a better name... Communitarian sounds a bit strange
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »

I can support that policy though I would be on the hawk side... I  thing the Whig Party would be a better name... Communitarian sounds a bit strange

Too close to "communist", huh? Wink

I don't care about the name of that party at all. I just want to join a conservative party, and I like the platform Simfan has proposed.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »

Too close to "communist", huh? Wink

I don't care about the name of that party at all. I just want to join a conservative party, and I like the platform Simfan has proposed.

That's what I was thinking yes- I think it needs a name change but I am happy with platform also. Pingvin and I are the only two Whig members I believe and we talked about merging but the name should change...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

-That gay and lesbian Atlasians are the equals of their heterosexual counterparts, but tradition must be considered

Bullsh-t
Take that last part out, and this becomes very tempting for me.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »

Bullsh-t

I suggest the following: Let's not bother with the wording of every single clause of the party's platform yet. Let's first decide if the general idea to form such a conservative party is a good idea, and once we settled that question we can still vote on specifics of the platform.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »

Bullsh-t

I was not necessarily opposing gay marriage, but literally saying "tradition must be considered". I am more than willing to strike that from the platform.

Clarence: the party is called the Communitarian Party because it is a communitarian party. An economically rightist one, yes but communitarian and Christian-democratic nonetheless.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »

What do you mean by "tradition must be considered", then?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »

Bullsh-t

I was not necessarily opposing gay marriage, but literally saying "tradition must be considered". I am more than willing to strike that from the platform.

Clarence: the party is called the Communitarian Party because it is a communitarian party. An economically rightist one, yes but communitarian and Christian-democratic nonetheless.

I'm unfamiliar with the term... but I think these are all minor issues we can settle at our first convention
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »

Bullsh-t

I'm unfamiliar with the term... but I think these are all minor issues we can settle at our first convention

No problem. I will of course launch the party if we can have at least five members.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »

Well consider me in!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »

Welcome, and I hope more people register with us!

We now have a wiki page!

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Communitarian_Party
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2012, 07:20:09 PM by Simfan34 »

I'm also proposing we oppose the death penalty. And are we up for gay marriage?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

I was ok with it for Right to Life but that is because it is consistent with the caucus and there were more important issues I felt... I won't raise a fuss about it if we change the name to Whig Party :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies