Whig Party National Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:18:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51686 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 11:33:29 PM »

Not at all. Engorge yourself in festivity! And get the party's house in order! Cheesy
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »

It seems as if I'm going to join the CPA
(though the French word for "communitarian" is ugly Tongue).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 11:05:02 AM by Simfan34 »

It seems as if I'm going to join the CPA
(though the French word for "communitarian" is ugly Tongue).

Welcome! Thankfully we don't speak French in Atlasia. We speak 'tlasian.

I think this makes us the largest- Hurray!

Minor "note": The Franklin Institute visit is now on Friday. I forgot that the Super Bowl was on Sunday! We now have a brunch. Families are welcome!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »

This is merely meant as a suggestion, but in case Yankee will not run for another term as Senator of the South, would any of our Southerners like to run for that seat? Clarence, for example? I mean, having one Senator (TJ) is nice, but if a realistic opportunity to gain more seats arises, we should at least give it a try.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »

Can't wait till Wednesday! Smiley
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »

May I join as a non-elected member? I'll run for the next opening that occurs in the IDS.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »

May I join as a non-elected member? I'll run for the next opening that occurs in the IDS.

Welcome!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

I've seen you've done that, so welcome to the club of the cool community of Atlasians!
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »

I've seen you've done that, so welcome to the club of the cool community of Atlasians!

Thanks, man. Just tel me how to vote initially and I'll take it from there.

This will be fun. I agree with most of SimFan's proposed platform, and I love the name. This is going to be a great movement.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

This will be fun. I agree with most of SimFan's proposed platform, and I love the name. This is going to be a great movement.

As in what to vote for or how?

How? You'll be presented with ballots during the convention, on which you will vote. You can make nominations.

For what? That's up to you. Smiley
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »

How? You'll be presented with ballots during the convention, on which you will vote. You can make nominations.

I meant whom to vote for, as in the presidential elections.

Thanks man, once again. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

We should vote for the only candidate, who happens to be our candidate- ZuWo!
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »

We should vote for the only candidate, who happens to be our candidate- ZuWo!

I'm Zany for ZuWo!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

I'm going to suggest at the convention, beginning tomorrow, that we take a moderated approach to our platform, as well as focus more on game reform. Just throwing it out there, so don't be shocked. Wink
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »

I'm going to suggest at the convention, beginning tomorrow, that we take a moderated approach to our platform, as well as focus more on game reform. Just throwing it out there, so don't be shocked. Wink

I disagree. A bland message of game reform would mot be worthy of our centre-right ideals.

What suggest is to put our main focus on game reform while also reaffirming our support for tradition.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »

You know that we can do both, right guys?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

Before the convention, here's some points I believe that need to be in the final platform.
  • We believe that although the rights of the indivigual are sacrosanct, we believe that the family is the fundamental social unit on which the community is based.
  • Life is perhaps the most important civil right any human possesses. Thus, we seek to guarantee legal rights to the indivigual beginning from conception.
  • Our current executive branch is outdated, and in desperate need for reform. We support the direct, seperate election of the vice president and other cabinet members in to make sure the best and brightest, rather than pawns of the president, serve in such capacities.
  • We believe firmly in the Atlasian concept of federalism. The recognition of rights of the several regions to govern in their own affairs is necessary for the maintenance of liberty for the citizens, as well as a check on the power of the federal government.
  • We believe that equality of opportunity trumps equality of outcome. The later tends to lead to tyranny, and the loss of indivigual liberties.

Okay, SimFan. We won't get too excited.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »

I think we should clarify, firstly, that abortion should be an issue left more to the regions, and will not be actively pursued at the federal level.

Direct elections of cabinet members isn't a good idea, IMO.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 11:11:07 PM by Simfan34 »

MasterSanders, I agree with all but the third point- the cabinet should be able to trusted and able to consult the President. I also agree that abortions should be left to the regions, although I would like to see some kind of condemnation, even if (and preferably) a mild one.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »

MasterSanders, I agree with all but the third point- the cabinet should be able to trusted and able to consult the President. I also agree that abortions should be left to the regions, although I would like to see some kind of condemnation, even if (and preferably) a mild one.

I'm good with that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »

Marvelous!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2012, 05:20:26 AM »

Definitely, though I disagree with the wording "a mild one". A large wing of this party has emerged from the Right to Life Caucus, so the protection of the unborn must be one of our main goals, and the condemnation of abortion an unambiguous case.
I generally urge caution about adopting "moderate stances" in our platform. If we become vague in an attempt to reach out to as many voters as possible, we actually contravene the basic idea behind the mutual dissolution of the RPP and the JCP by laying the foundation for becoming the next big-tent party on the right.
This should be a socially and economically conservative party. We believe in our conservative values, so why should we try to hide or mitigate them?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »

Definitely, though I disagree with the wording "a mild one". A large wing of this party has emerged from the Right to Life Caucus, so the protection of the unborn must be one of our main goals, and the condemnation of abortion an unambiguous case.
I generally urge caution about adopting "moderate stances" in our platform. If we become vague in an attempt to reach out to as many voters as possible, we actually contravene the basic idea behind the mutual dissolution of the RPP and the JCP by laying the foundation for becoming the next big-tent party on the right.
This should be a socially and economically conservative party. We believe in our conservative values, so why should we try to hide or mitigate them?

Yes... this is very concerning Simfan. Santorum quoted Lincoln a while back and said "no state has the right to commit moral wrongs." For those of us who are firmly pro-life this stance would be a dealbreaker
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »

I think if we make abortion, especially at the federal level, a top issue of this party, unfortunately, we'll be setting ourselves up for political suicide.

That may not be right, but that's how it is.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 12:55:12 PM by clarence »

I get politics...I am just concerned with wanting to go as mild as can be

Revelation 3:15
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to: