Whig Party National Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:10:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51787 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Due to his party switch (have fun in the new party Wink), 20RP12's endorsement vote is declared invalid.

Sorry, but switching parties is my thing Tongue But thank you Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »

[1] Clarence/Yelnoc
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

[1] Clarence
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

The endorsement vote has 24 more hours.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »

1- Yelnoc and his running mate
2- Oakvale
3- Young Tweed
4- Napoleon

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

Surprise surprise: Yelnoc and his running mate receive the Whig Party endorsement, getting the support of all party members who have voted.

Most party members do not want to endorse anyone for lower preferences, while a minority want to give Oakvale/Cincinnatus their second preferences.

If a party member wants to deliver a speech, this is the time. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »

Fellow Whigs and honored guests,

For those who don't know me, my name is Jonathon Calvin Libertas and I'm the Whig candidate for the Mideast Senate seat. A little bit about me is I'm part of a blue collar family from the state of Indiana. Life wasn't always easy and those adversities drew me, like many of you, to the Christian faith. Because of that faith I came to a conservative view of governance. Not a conservatism that some would call extreme and hateful, but one of genuine love for my fellow man. The Hebrew Prophet Micah
spoke about the principals of humility, mercy and justice. That is a view I and many conservatives want to take to Nyman regardless of faith. Do I believe the core brotherhood of conservatism and libertarianism is a view that would honor Micah's Sacred Charge? Yes!!

Looking at the tax and fiscal policies up for debate in our senate I saw a gross injustice that only slows down the recovery and keeping us in the Great Recession.  They want to tax the wealthy in a way that hinders those folks ability to give generously, if they so choose. Tommorrow I will reveal a proposal regarding the tax brackets of both individuals and businesses.

As you vote in the upcoming elections consider who do you think will best champion common sense pragmatic conservatism. One who is willing to work with the left when the idea is consistant with the principals of limited government yet when conscience demands it, to
oppose with passion and civility.

Thank you and may God and Dave bless you all

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »

Chairman ZuWo, Vice Chairman SimFan, Members of the Whig Party, and Fellow Atlasians-

I am honored by your endorsement vote and I accept your nomination for President!

A great man once went on national television and asked “Who am I- why am I here?”... I sometimes ask myself the second question. The next First Lady of Atlasia (maybe the only First Lady of Atlasia!) asks me the question right now as I sit here typing this up... why the hell am I on this board with a bunch of teenagers and college kids and liberals? The answer is- because you all who I've “met” are very smart people and good people and I enjoy the conversations and discussions we have...I learn from all of you every day and I am grateful to be a part of this web community

My opponents are all good and smart people- all three of them. I'd also like to say that I respect two people who have left the race- Ben is a friend on the board and I am very glad to work with him in the Senate now... 20RP12 is a great fella who gets too much crap from you all and I am honored to have his support- though wish he would come on back to the Whigs! I also want to compliment the man I hope is my predecessor... Polnut is not the one I voted for in the last election (that would be my good friend ZuWo) but he has held the office with dignity and grace... he has done his best to find common ground and I've been glad to find it with him. But these folks- Napoleon, Oakvale, and Tweed- smart and have bright futures ahead of them.

However- let's put that aside for now... because I'm writing this sh**t to get your vote, not to get you to vote for them. I'm “an old” in life but not here on this board- but I'd like to think I've made my mark on the Fantasy Elections...I was an Imperial South Legislator and I am now a Senator. In these positions I've stood up for my views but worked to find common ground. In this record is where you find what distinguishes me from my opponents- I am not one who will reject an idea flat without any discussion- the purpose of this game is discussion!!! I'm also not some one who will say things just to be Mr. Popular

The purpose of this game is discussion- I repeat that again because I believe it. We're not here to throw catch phrases at each other like “Whig War on Women” or call folk “crazies” or reject ideas without any discussion- that's for the politicians in Washington to do and that's why all of us on this board- no matter what color the icon under our user name is- criticize them...enough with the one-liners and rigidity. I promise as your President I will lead discussions about every issue- no matter how much I disagree with the measure. Hell- I found Polnut's proposal for the national broadcaster to be  terrible but you know what- I sponsored it because (and I said this at the time) I wanted to discuss the issue... I argued against it and voted against it...but I think we all gained from the discussion. Let's take a step back and realize folks- this is an internet board and it's not as if a bill that passes the Senate here has an ounce of impact on an actual life, so let's take a step back and debate it...That's the President I will be

On the other extreme is the mentality that you should try to please every one and be Mr. Popular... you all know that isn't me either. I never yield for my beliefs- and I do not believe compromising is yielding. I will debate something I believe till I die and if it fails- then so be it, but I'll try my best... this would be boring however if the people I was debating were all conservatives! Right now we have a good guy as the President- he is called center-left by you folks... and you are complaining about lack of activity and interest....the cure to that is not more of the same- not another center-left nice guy President. Oakvale is a good fella and I am proud to endorse him for my 2nd prefernece- but what will fix the lull here is having a conservative President who is willing to discuss and debate issues... If you don't believe I'd make a fine President- I respect that. But if you tell me you dont want to vote for me because I am a conservative when Tmthfor94 is praised for a cross party endorsement.... and I'll tell you not much will change if you liberals vote only for yourselves... a right vs left debate will be more interesting then a left vs center-left debate...and the latter is all you folks will have if you don't vote for any conservatives. I'll veto left-wing bills the Senate passes and we'll talk it out some more...not gridlock but discussion- a balance of power that will put new energy in this game

Most of you know where I stand on the issues... I started a Presidential Debate post so we can talk them out...I hope to have  these discussions with my opponents but as always- ask me in my campaign thread if you have any questions about my views...

My friends- the boring is the predictable and the predictable is the boring... what's predictable is that the conservatives vote for me and liberals are split between the other three- and the other three combine to beat me in the last ballot...let's just be frank about it. That happens again and again it seems- even though I've only been around for one election I'm pretty good with getting the lay of the land in new places.... if you want the predictable you sure as hell don't want me. If you want someone old and new at the same time- Vote for Clarence.

I want to say a few words about my running mate- I am honored to have a young man as smart and astute as Yelnoc as my running mate... Yelnoc is a moderate and for those of you who are critical- that does NOT mean some one without beliefs...if means some one with moderate beliefs. But he has been Speaker of the Imperial Legislature since I started around here and he has experience presiding over a legislative body- he will make a fantastic Vice President if you give us the honor

Fellow Atlasians- I ask that you put your views aside and look at us candidates as people... consider our behavior in this game and on the board and our experiences as people... if you vote because you want to follow the party line of a fake internet party- what's the point of posting on the Fantasy board? Do you want some one who is arrogant and rude? Do you want some one who is a crowd pleaser and very similar to the status quo? Or do you want some one with views different from what is the norm around here but who puts those views on the table to talk and has had discussions with so many of you that have left us with mutual respect for each other... that is the type of man I aim to be on this board and in my life and that is the type of President I will aim to be if I get the honor...

Thank you and God Bless
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »

Thank you JCL and Clarence for your nice speeches. I can only stress what you said: Vote against predictability and more of the same, vote for something new, vote for JCL and Clarence!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2012, 03:21:29 AM »

I am going to step down as chairman of the Whig Party

Fellow members of the Whig Party

The elections for President and Mideast Senator are over. The Whig Party has fielded conservative candidates in both races and has tried to win these elections. Personally, I have been heavily involved in Clarence's and JCL's campaign. Sadly, despite all our efforts we lost. Therefore, I am ready to accept my share of responsibility and have decided to take the necessary actions. Concretely, I will not run for re-election as party chairman at the next convention in August. I am not resigning immediately because I want to give members of this party who are interested in this office enough time to prepare for the chairmanship.

I have enjoyed being chairman of the Whig Party and will remain involved in the activities of this party. I enjoy my job as Mideast Governor, which fully occupies me and is great entertainment. Additionally, I will continue to make efforts to recruit new conservative members to the game and the party and will help in future GOTV operations. However, now is the time for a change in leadership. With a new chairman who is capable of fulfilling this role I see a bright future for our party.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported the conservative cause during the last election.

Sincerely

ZuWo
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:32 AM »

Thank you for your service, ZuWo. You've been a fine chairman.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2012, 12:43:12 PM by Simfan »

Chairman ZuWo, members of the Party:

The work ZuWo has done for the party is incalculable, in terms of getting Whigs elected and expanding our presence in Atlasia. Membership has expanded by over 60%, and we today have a presence in every region. We've gone from being a secondary party from being one of the nation's major parties. We've been able to elect officials in regions that would have otherwise been unimaginable. I myself am a I prime example of this, today being Lt. Governor and Speaker of a region with only three registered Whigs; without ZuWo's efforts this could have never come to be.

ZuWo has been at the forefront of combating the lies and half-truths being disseminated about our party, this has directly led to our growth and strong showings in recent elections. Indeed, we are the most diverse party in Atlasia- the most women, the most African Americans! Thanks to ZuWo, we today can look forwards to a strong growth trajectory, more Whig elected officials, and a larger, more influential party, one that brings Atlasia towards a more economically free, socially supportive, and morally just society. We have been most fortunate to have to you as our Chairman, ZuWo.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more, Simfan

ZuWo, as I've told you privately but want to publicly also- you've been an outstanding leader and personally my "board mentor"...I may not have won but the fact that I was within reach of victory is due to your hard work and political acumen. The party is worse off without you as Chair, but fortunately you will be staying here as Governor of the Mideast and a senior member of the party
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »

Thank you for these flattering remarks. I appreciate that! Smiley

Just to make it very clear: I am not going to reduce my activity within the Whig Party. For example, I will continue my efforts to recruit new members to the party. Also, I will continue to speak out against people who attack our party in an unfair way and take part in future GOTV operations. All I do is handing the chairmanship over to another party member - there are many great guys in our party who could do that job so there is no reason to be pessimistic about the future of the Whig Party.
Indeed, there are many things to do in my home region at the moment so this is the perfect time to step down and focus on the Mideast.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »

I hereby motion for the party to officially support and affix it's name to the amicus curiae brief of Nathan as it pertains to Tweed vs. DoFE.

AYE
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

Aye... I'm glad we are doing this as a party as opposed to individuals
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »

I hereby motion for the party to officially support and affix it's name to the amicus curiae brief of Nathan as it pertains to Tweed vs. DoFE.

AYE

I have informed the Senator of my support of his brief. It's an AYE from me a well.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #392 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »

Aye.

I support Nathan's position and agree the Whig Party ought to do the same. We must stand in support of the rule of law.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »

Voting will last 24 hours, from three minutes prior to this post.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »

Aye.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:07 AM »

Immediate Resignation as Chairman

Contrary to what I stated yesterday, I have decided to step down as chairman of the Whig Party immediately. I have informed vice chairman Simfan of my decision. Simfan will lead the party at least until the next regular election for chairman in August since our bylaws make clear that the vice chair automatically becomes chairman if the chairman resigns.

In order to elect a new vice chairman we first need to hold a vote of non-confidence on Vice Chair "vacancy" - we still haven't got around to fixing this loophole in our bylwas. My apologies. Tongue

Party members who would like to become vice chairman should apply for the office as soon as possible.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »

ZuWo, thank you again for your service as Chairman

Simfan, congratulations!

I move to hold a vote of no confidence on Vice Chairman Vacancy
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »

Aye
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »

Due to the critical nature of the situation, I am abbreviating voting to one more hour, at which point if there are no objections I shall deign an assumption of unanimity is in order.

Clarence, motion seconded. Voting will last 24 hours from the next hour.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »

abstain (on Nathan's brief) - this court case highly amuses me
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies