Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:53:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52514 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

-That gay and lesbian Atlasians are the equals of their heterosexual counterparts, but tradition must be considered

Bullsh-t
Take that last part out, and this becomes very tempting for me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »

Thanks! Smiley And now, welcome JCL. Tongue Indiana is now 100% CPA!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »

Here's something small I came up with for the possible structure of this party. If you didn't notice, it's pretty much a page from the RPP book. Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Personally, while it's nice to have a title (Believe me, I've been there myself) I'm not too big on having a bunch of positions when you could easily consolidate them. This would allow us to maintain a solid, central structure while also being able to maintain strong blocs in each region, IMO.

I'm open to suggestions, this is just a rough draft. It'd be up to the party on whether or not regional chairmen should be elected or appointed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Votes of approvals make it harder to dump incumbents... I don't care much but that is a side effect
I understand your argument - it is more difficult. My main reason for including it is this - Party Chairman and Vice Chairman are crucial positions, and we need solid, consistent people in both positions. Having simple elections for it brings politics into it, and as we all know, sometimes the most popular person is elected, not the person who does the best job. This would just ensure that the Chair and Vice Chair are voted on based on their merits and how well they've done.

If the party wants to take a different route, though, I accept whatever decision is made. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »

Can't wait till Wednesday! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

I'm going to suggest at the convention, beginning tomorrow, that we take a moderated approach to our platform, as well as focus more on game reform. Just throwing it out there, so don't be shocked. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »

I think we should clarify, firstly, that abortion should be an issue left more to the regions, and will not be actively pursued at the federal level.

Direct elections of cabinet members isn't a good idea, IMO.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »

I think if we make abortion, especially at the federal level, a top issue of this party, unfortunately, we'll be setting ourselves up for political suicide.

That may not be right, but that's how it is.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »

I think if we make abortion, especially at the federal level, a top issue of this party, unfortunately, we'll be setting ourselves up for political suicide.

That may not be right, but that's how it is.

I don't think anyone wants to make it front and center. We just need to keep a plank that affirms our pro-life stance.
I got the indication from ZuWo that abortion should be one of our main concerns.

I think abortion can be an issue for the Right To Life Caucus to pursue, but not the party. That's how the RPP pretty much handled it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

With all due respect, I have severe problems then being in a party that's focusing hard on social issues - I think it is a mistake, and its alienating a lot of people from the party. I wasn't under the impression this would be a "far-right" party, Atlasia-speaking.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

Yeah, almost everyone here is pro-life, but we're not going to be able to expand as much as we want to with a focus on this issue. I with the Right To Life caucus just just focus on it, and not let it be part of the national platform. I didn't win my Presidential election (one of the only social conservatives to do so) by focusing on social issues - I won by my charm Wink and focus on game reform and economics.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

^^^This is what I'm talking about.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=155325.new#new

I need your chairman to contact me with a logo and party description as soon as possible to update it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies